Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<respectfully snipped>

No wonder Nurmi wants off the case. As lead, he has no choice but to file his client&#8217;s legal justifications (right AZL?). Since this doc is a court filing, I&#8217;m pasting portions of it here (with my comments). Hope that&#8217;s OK, mods.

<respectfully snipped>

Nope. Not at all. He has to argue his client's FACTUAL allegations, but legally he is 100% in charge.

Could it be possible that the defense has finally stopped arguing with JA about how to proceed with this trial? I ask this because this current witness, who has been described on various occasions as an aging clairvoyant, a soothsayer, and a ventriloquist dummy (the last my description), is obviously spinning a tale that the still-obsessed convict would like. "Death in the background," etc.. Someone here made a reference to star-crossed lovers.

It has become clear to me that JA was obsessed with Travis--not in love with him, but obsessed. She wanted to own that young man, and she believed she did so sexually in a very revolting way. This is really hideous. During the guilt phase of the trial, she showed signs that she was still obsessed with him--showing interest in references to him and her, references to the interviews where she described their relationship, references (in graphic detail) of what she did to him, references to women he was sexually attracted to. This obsession was CARNAL. The spiritual aspects and aspects of real friendship were not there, no matter what JA believes. It's horrific. She attributes this carnal relationship to matters of mind and spirit, which were obviously lacking. And she still does, even six years after this man's death.

So this witness, the soothsayer, is convenient. Where did the defense find her?!

She 'loved' him only in the sense of what he could do for her, her station in society, and her image. She exploited his weaknesses, compromised his morals, and then used all of that to try to establish common ground with him and convince him that he would be better off in the end with her than without. He couldn't stomach that, and in the end he became a danger to her 'reputation', and he had to go. What she's doing to him now in death is no different than what she did to him in life, she's using him to her greatest benefit, only now the safety of her lies is protected by the silence of his death.

She 'loved' him only in the sense of what he could do for her, her station in society, and her image. She exploited his weaknesses, compromised his morals, and then used all of that to try to establish common ground with him and convince him that he would be better off in the end with her than without. He couldn't stomach that, and in the end he became a danger to her 'reputation', and he had to go. What she's doing to him now in death is no different than what she did to him in life, she's using him to her greatest benefit, only now the safety of her lies is protected by the silence of death.

Wow please send this to Juan Martinez for his closing ;)

BBM: yes!

I was thinking about this. After Jodi was convicted she started complaining about her defense not finding all the evidence of abuse and neglecting to interview people that would corroborate it. I think it's just that the defense refused to chase after silly things like mass emails and put people on the stand to outright lie for her.

But, of course, Jodi knows better. Perhaps Nurmi just broke down and said fine, Jodi, you wanna do it your way? Ok, we'll do it your way. And started going along with what she wanted him to, possibly to prove a point, possibly to shut her up. And maybe this is the reason why he has been desperate to close his case off citing, among other things, that, "Willmott and I will be scrutinized for years to come." Well, I should say so. It won't be Jodi that'll be embarrassed by a poor performance, it's her attorneys. Perhaps a foreshadowing of just how ridiculous this is going to get.

Exactly! This woman is still so obsessed that nothing else will do. She knew what she did was wrong, but in her (still) crazily obsessed head, she insists on this kind of defense--probably now more than ever, since the truth of his murder is obvious. I think that she is still obsessed with Travis. She is that messed up.

Exactly! This woman is still so obsessed that nothing else will do. She knew what she did was wrong, but in her (still) crazily obsessed head, she insists on this kind of defense--probably now more than ever, since the truth of his murder is obvious. I think that she is still obsessed with Travis. She is that messed up.

I think she's constantly reliving the thrill of her kill via her various machinations to keep hurting those he loved/s. I do think she is just that kind of evil. I also think she knows exactly where her murder weapons are and fantasizes about retrieving them as trophies.

I agree. I too think she is still obsessed with him. The way she gushes and glows when talking about him, the thrill she gets from discussing their dirty deeds, the way she perks up whenever his name is mentioned (or when Juan asked Deanna who has Napolean now). To live inside the mind of a woman who can remain psychopathically obsessed with someone she murdered six years ago. No wonder she told Flores, in a rare moment of truth, "I had to move on." The idea of marrying Travis consumed her thoughts and actions. Everything she did revolved around snaring him. And him being alive and not marrying her was absolute torment.

She 'loved' him only in the sense of what he could do for her, her station in society, and her image. She exploited his weaknesses, compromised his morals, and then used all of that to try to establish common ground with him and convince him that he would be better off in the end with her than without. He couldn't stomach that, and in the end he became a danger to her 'reputation', and he had to go. What she's doing to him now in death is no different than what she did to him in life, she's using him to her greatest benefit, only now the safety of her lies is protected by the silence of his death.

I think it was worse than what you describe..

It's been over 24 hours and I'm still bloody floored the sex expert had the balls to say in open court that Jodi misses seeing, feeling and smelling Travis. I honest think that's just as bloody insulting/disgusting as the fake pedo claims. It's the 1# thing I want Juan to call her out on.

To say that she's obsessed with him is to imply that she can climb out of her own head. She's only obsessed with herself. All others, Travis included, are objects to be manipulated, arranged, and used for her ends. That's why she was able to kill him with no regrets. She is not obsessed with 'him', because he was nothing other than an object to her, and a very inconvenient one, in the end.

I don't think 'Tony' is involved in a massive conspiracy. But I do wonder why and how the DT had his HD. Was it an innocent mistake, and they had it from another case? Or did he offer it up when they said they needed one?

I am wondering the same thing. If it's from another case then it's possible "Tony" walks from his possible charges.The potential of a possible sexual predator walking free could have devastating effects on a community.. Did Nurmi know about the HD Debacle and if he did would he risk his career?

To say that she's obsessed with him is to imply that she can climb out of her own head. She's only obsessed with herself. All others, Travis included, are objects to be manipulated, arranged, and used for her ends. That's why she was able to kill him with no regrets. She is not obsessed with 'him', because he was nothing other than an object to her, and a very inconvenient one, in the end.

I think she was obsessed with making him want her.

It's been over 24 hours and I'm still bloody floored the sex expert had the balls to say in open court that Jodi misses seeing, feeling and smelling Travis. I honest think that's just as bloody insulting/disgusting as the fake pedo claims. It's the 1# thing I want Juan to call her out on.

What a weird and inappropriate thing to say after committing a gory murder...'seeing, feeling, smelling' YUCK. And these 'expert' liars seem just as strange as her. If she meant Arias misses seeing and feeling Travis' butchered body and smelling his blood then yes I think that's true. Her eyes lit up whenever the autopsy photos were shown in court. Sick, sick woman.

Re: Computer forensics Here is my understanding of EnCase, after reading a bunch of articles about it.

I do not believe "We'll never know" what went on about the hard disk. Each and every time a computer is turned on files are written to the hard drive. Inside the Operating System, numerous files are changed. Inside the registry, files are changed. Inside any software program used, files are changed.

Each and every one of these changes is "written" onto the hard disk. The time and date each action took place is written. The time a browser accesses a webpage is written. The time another webpage is accessed is written. And so on and so on. And finally, the time the computer is shut off is written.

So all of the above information is on the hard disk. Then the hard disk is removed from the original computer. It is placed into a special copying device, such as one manufactured by EnCase. A mirror image copy of all information on the hard disc is created. Not just of the files on the computer, but of the actions of the Operating System, with all those times and dates. And this is all copied without ever "booting up" the original hard disc. The EnCase machine extracts the information and stores it. And when it stores it, it does so in a very special way. It encrypts all of the data it is collecting in a manner that inserts numerical codes in between every so many bytes of data. And the the numerical code doesn't stay the same, it keeps changing. This system produces a "signature" for the encoded data, so that if anyone ever changes a file or attempts to change a file it will show up when the disc with changes is compared to the orignally produced EnCase file.

If someone changed a file, it will show up. If there was a virus, it will show up. If a virus created or erased a file it will show up. Everything will show up.

This will likely turn out to be one of the more interesting aspects of this case. Was there a "really dumb" computer expert for the Defense involved?

I am wondering the same thing. If it's from another case then it's possible "Tony" walks from his possible charges.The potential of a possible sexual predator walking free could have devastating effects on a community.. Did Nurmi know about the HD Debacle and if he did would he risk his career?

There's no indication that the "Tony" drive had any *advertiser censored*. It's extremely likely that the HD examined by the defense expert was really Travis's HD, since the *advertiser censored*/virus deletions happened at the same time the defense team booted up the machine. So the wrong HD was returned to the prosecutor, but the right HD was examined. Probably. :)

Good first post Buttercup! Welcome to WS!

Azlawyer,

Can Jm use all the videos he wants of people testifying in the first trial, to dispute what Dr Sex or any other defense witness says?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89