Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 11/17-11/18/14 In recess

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now JA can add Perryville to list making it 1001

It defies logic, in the middle of the desert heat to carry gas cans in a car, the vapors alone can make you sick. The killer claimed she wanted to save money on gas, yet she rents a vehicle 100 miles away from her house, that would be ~90 minutes each way, go figure.

It's hardly worth the trouble to actually list the Jodi quotes that make me want to scream and break stuff... but didn't she also say she ran out of gas? Because a roving band of crazed, gas-stealing marauders (a Mad Max reference, for those of you who haven't seen the movie) stole all her gas? Because she forgot she had a trunk full of gas? Or couldn't unlock the trunk? Or the gas cap? Sure, Jodi. It took you so long to actually get to Utah because you slept, you got lost, you ran out of gas (but then magically got gas somehow?), were abducted by aliens, went back home to make sure you'd turned the iron off, got stuck behind an RV going about 10 miles an hour, stopped at every roadside vendor you drove by, kept having to deal with skateboarders disassembling your car bit by bit... but the one thing you for sure didn't do was go to Mesa and murder Travis.

(This of course refers to the "I was never there" story she started out with a few decades ago.)

I also might be misremembering. I think it's not that Nurmi was asking for the lap top, it's that he wanted more time to begin trial because the computer expert was still examining Travis' laptop. I think that's what I'm thinking of.

BBM: Don't know if this is relevent, but there is reference to the computer on page 5, 6, 7& 8 of this 59 page motion filed by DT in October.

http://media2.abc15.com/html/pdf/JodiAriasMotionOct1.pdf

Just to clarify, both of the above comments have to do with JA's computer that was broken (presumably seized in that condition). It was turned over to defense shortly before trial, along with an image copy. It had been sent out of state for repair, and the State wasn't able to look at it either until late 2012.

My question is who the heck was in the evidence room with the PI to allow this error?

Maybe that is what the motion is about? The State not protecting the evidence and now its destroyed? Because of the PI !?

The hard drive was in the hands of a defense expert, so it would be defense's responsibility to protect it - especially as they wanted to use that "expert's" findings to bolster their case. As it is, they didn't - it's their own fault.

Also, the evidence is not destroyed per se. There are other copies of the hard drive, taken way back when. Whatever the defense expert found, will be on those copies too. The only thing is, defense can't prove that those files were deleted, because they damaged the hard drive.

However, it's patently obvious that nothing was deleted - not by humans, at least. To suggest that seasoned LE officers would do this is ridiculous, considering that they know full well that there are other copies out there.

AZlawyer, then why did Nurmi make such a big deal of it? Why did he claim there was *advertiser censored* on it? How does he get away with that?

He won't. But why say it if you can't get away with it? I'm not sure. I did notice that he immediately asked the judge on the next trial date to question the jurors as to whether they had heard anything about the case in the media...so maybe to get rid of more jurors and cause a mistrial?

Good night all. And thanks again to those who sent me the Edible Arrangement and to those of you who would have gone in on it if you'd known about it lol. :) You're the best!

Just to clarify, both of the above comments have to do with JA's computer that was broken (presumably seized in that condition). It was turned over to defense shortly before trial, along with an image copy. It had been sent out of state for repair, and the State wasn't able to look at it either until late 2012.

No, I'm talking about Nurmi in October of this year trying to get the beginning date of the trial put off because his expert was still examining Travis' computer (and of course tried to blame Juan for not getting it to him in time, so, essentially, blaming him for the delay). I remember it pretty well now. The motion hindsight posted is in reference to something else.

I
He won't. But why say it if you can't get away with it? I'm not sure. I did notice that he immediately asked the judge on the next trial date to question the jurors as to whether they had heard anything about the case in the media...so maybe to get rid of more jurors and cause a mistrial?

Good night all. And thanks again to those who sent me the Edible Arrangement and to those of you who would have gone in on it if you'd known about it lol. :) You're the best!

I wish I had known, I'd have donated for sure.

If she receives LWOP, are visits are perryville through glass and speaking over those phones or do they actually sit in a room with their visitors and get to physically touch etc?

Does anybody know if Juan gets to cross this witness as soon as she is done OR does he have to wait till defense calls all their witnesses?

I hope it is immediately after each witness is done.

As katiecoolady says, it's right after each witness... PLUS... there are jury questions.

In the guilt phase, they gave a good idea of how the jury felt about the testimony. Will be interesting to see if Dr. Fonseca can beat LaViolette's grand total of 161 jury questions.

He was the only' journalist' that tweeted that there was 'possible child *advertiser censored*' on Travis' computer, which everyone knows is not true. The egg all over his face is well deserved.

I'm just loving it that plenty of the more vocal supporters have ostrich-size egg on their faces. They embraced the allegations wholesale, not stopping to think that in this particular case, the allegations involve tangible facts and evidence which means they can be definitively proved or disproved. But then again, given their immunity to facts and reality, it's hardly surprising that they got carried away by the idea, and the idea alone.

And for dessert, more egg in the form of the email to the 9-year old.

It's funny, too. The hard drive was supposedly given to the defense back in the beginning of September. In October, a month later, Nurmi was saying the expert was still examining the hard drive (trying to pass the buck off to Juan for his expert taking too long). As of last week the expert was still examining the hard drive and Nurmi said it would still take weeks more (so it wouldn't have mattered if Juan had given them the computer a week sooner or even a month sooner, so the complaint is stupid). This expert is painstakingly combing through each and every one of the thousands of *advertiser censored* sites found on the computer looking for child *advertiser censored*. Can you imagine how mad he's going to be when the judge orders the defense to drop the matter and this expert just spent two months out of his life sifting through *advertiser censored*? Maybe while even knowing that it was a virus???

I also believe this. She had to have cleaned up well enough not to mess up the car she was fixing to drive back in.

And she was most likely not wanting to be all covered with blood if she got pulled over.

"Hi! Is there a problem, Officer? Wait, is it my license plates? Oh, um, I was at Starbucks, see, because I love Starbucks, and animals, I love love love animals, plus I'm an artist and a really good singer too, and anyway there were these dumb skateboarders in the parking lot and they... oh, what? Blood? What blood? Where? Oh you mean this blood? Oh that's nothing, just some mean kids at prom. Don't worry, it's all been taken care of. Anyhoo Officer, I'll just be on my merry way, don't mind me... No, sorry, I really can't get out of the car right now, I'm on a road trip to visit a guy I'm maybe going to start dating but it's not like we're boyfriend/girlfriend yet but maybe we could be sometime because right now I'm totally single because I broke up with my last boyfriend but he and I are still really really good friends and did I tell you he's taking another woman to Cancun and I'm totally fine with that? By the way, are you married? I have a really bad sense of direction, can you tell me the breast way to get to Utah? What? Did I say 'breast?' Oh my gosh, I meant 'best,' not 'breast.'"

While we are in this lonnnnng delay, wanna play a game?

What juror question would you like to see?

For this witness.

I'll start:

1. Do you think pedophiles are also normally attracted to grown women with breast implants who have no children to exploit?

2. Do you think Jodi Arias is mentally ill? If so, why was an insanity defense not used in the trial?

3) What is an exact science?

4) Are either Psychiatry or Psychology exact sciences?

It's funny, too. The hard drive was supposedly given to the defense back in the beginning of September. In October, a month later, Nurmi was saying the expert was still examining the hard drive (trying to pass the buck off to Juan for his expert taking too long). As of last week the expert was still examining the hard drive and Nurmi said it would still take weeks more (so it wouldn't have mattered if Juan had given them the computer a week sooner of even a month sooner, so the complaint is stupid). This expert is painstakingly combing through each and every one of the thousands of *advertiser censored* sites found on the computer looking for child *advertiser censored*. Can you imagine how mad he's going to be when the judge orders the defense to drop the matter and this expert just spent two months out of his life sifting through *advertiser censored*? Maybe while even knowing that it was a virus???
BBM
Any expert would know that they were generated by viruses. Ordinarily, anti-virus programs put malicious/malware files in specific folders, and change the file extensions (e.g. .doc, .jpg and especially .exe) so that they're disabled/inactive and identifiable as malware, for quarantine/deletion purposes by both humans and anti-virus programs.

ETA: Great point about the time lines. Funny indeed.

That evil woman dragged the poor man into the shower and then used the same shower to clean herself. I firmly believe that.

I've always thought she did get in the shower with Travis's dead body and probably even stepped on him trying to clean herself off. The image is nightmarish. After that, she drove off and started to miss the feel of him, the smell of him...oh, how she "loved" him, huh...but on to Utah to grind another guy.

JA may have stripped down while his body was laying on the bathroom floor, gotten into shower alone and washed, then maneuvered his body in. She was doing something with water on the bathroom floor, as evidenced by the "wet line" on the box of computer paper in the closet. Also, that plastic cup found in the shower alongside his body was used for something.

Her final washoff? Maybe she just reached up and aimed the showerhead outward and that's why there was water on the floor?

I've always thought she did get in the shower with Travis's dead body and probably even stepped on him trying to clean herself off. The image is nightmarish. After that, she drove off and started to miss the feel of him, the smell of him...oh, how she "loved" him, huh...but on to Utah to grind another guy.

Totally Agree.

That reminds me of how this witness I believe said those things about Jodi missing him and missing the smell of him. That is the kind of thing that goes too far with the jury and they will most likely be mad how the DT tries to insult their intelligence. Since Jodi is the one who killed him she has no right to miss him. Sorry, she cant have it both ways and jury will be upset at that.

The DT tends to try to do this a lot. They try to create self fullfilling prophecies.
They do it with their motions and attempts to get mistrial.
They will cause something themselves and then turn around to try to use it in motion or attempt to get mistrial.

Examples of this sort of thing is the Hard Drive fiasco. Seems mostly their actions from what we can tell so far.

Other examples are saying the trial has taken too long, ineffecient counsel, and other things. All their own fault.

They cant have their cake and eat it too. It insults everyones including the judges intelligence and it seems so glaringly obvious that I always wonder why they are not immediately admonished by the judge in stronger ways than we have seen so far.
It makes me wonder if a different judge would react much differently.

Maybe the COA will address them stronger in their final rulings.

JA may have stripped down while his body was laying on the bathroom floor, gotten into shower alone and washed, then maneuvered his body in. She was doing something with water on the bathroom floor, as evidenced by the "wet line" on the box of computer paper in the closet. Also, that plastic cup found in the shower alongside his body was used for something.

Her final washoff? Maybe she just reached up and aimed the showerhead outward and that's why there was water on the floor?

I agree.
That cup no doubt was used by Jodi for something. I didnt think about her maybe using that to clean herself off and maybe that was one of the reasons for the cup.

Somehow I missed about the computer paper. Interesting.
No doubt she spent some time afterwards. These are all signs she didnt just run out of the house after killing him. She seems pretty methodical about things. Diabolical is probably a better word.

Weve talked before how JA sometimes has bits of truth mixed in with her lies.

One thing that Ive always wondered about is when she said to the detective that she would have worn gloves if she killed him or something along those lines.

Since they only mainly found the 1 bloody palm print I have always wondered if she did have gloves with her and just somehow messed up by the glove slipping off or something to cause palm print.

The way she brought up the gloves just seemed to come up quickly and seemed like she mentioned it after she knew she was getting caught by the detective so it was like a hail mary and seemed like maybe she did have gloves. Trying to use reverse physcology on him.

That statement always struck me as bizarre and wondered if some truth in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tammy58