Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 11/3/14 Hearing - Part 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:wave: having posted here in awhile, but always checking to see where this mess is at...lawd, it's always interesting ain't it?

I hope whoever JM find to look at the hard drive again asks all the right questions, just like you have so far in the thread MeeBee!

One of the most interesting questions I would have stems from the article about this motion.

Before the first trial in 2013, Alexander's computer was analyzed by a different defense expert, who did not detect any deleted files. Arias' attorneys, Kirk Nurmi and Jennifer Willmott, asked to see the computer again, but only in recent weeks were they able to obtain it from the prosecution for forensic evaluation by their own expert.

An evidentiary hearing on the computer scheduled for Oct. 20, the day before the trial began, had to be canceled because that was the day the defense expert finally received it, and he had not had a chance to look at it.

How and why did the DT file a motion on this before the new "expert" had even looked at the computer?????

Also, It seems reasonable to believe that this came about b/c of some sort of sudden revelation from JA<modsnip>. How exactly would she explain that? It's beyond suspicious that someone with no previous history of visiting *advertiser censored* sites, would suddenly go on a binge days before he's brutally murdered, and then coincidently the convicted murderess concocts allegations that he's a pedophile. SMH

And lastly, I had to google what a "write blocker" is and what purpose it serves. From what I can understand, it is software that is installed so that "the hard drive can not be altered" and Det. Melendez used this according to protocol. The motion goes on to allege that Det. Flores did not use a write blocker when he "erased" all the files. This brings up 2 questions...1) wouldn't the forensic people responsible for analyzing the drive leave the write blocker in place so that going forward no one would be able to alter the HD? Is there a forensic trail showing when it was removed? And nowhere in the motion does KN mention that their new found expert have a write blocker in place prior to his analysis of the HD.

FYI..... *advertiser censored* supposedly accessed on June 10. The Compaq computer was removed from TA's house on that date. Maybe LE turned computer on before or after removal and that possible Trojan virus kicked in?
That makes sense. That is how viruses are spread.

Yes, I know the problem with cloud storage, since I don't do nude anything with pics or other media. I use it for family pics, cause I do most pics for mine and my SO's family, it is cheaper and easier to get pics to them after events. I also like it for music, it is easier to keep my play lists up to date. I am an avid user of music over tv... I also agree about the ms word software, it is going to make me insane if that happens... But I will find a work around. I just hope JM is on top of his game (and why wouldn't he be) and getting this whole thing squashed. My insanity comes in that with all of the media out of court rm Nurmi is pulling, and now has this put out there about the so called *advertiser censored*, JSS needs to really slap his hand, head, and other areas of his body. This is just beyond what a defense atty can pull, and I wish some higher ups will come shut it down real soon.... Not fair to TA's family and friends, as well as general public being put through this garbage being spewed...

Good points. The convenience of the cloud is wonderful, no doubt about that. I totally understand it and the use of different devices all being able to access the same area is a great convenience.
Its a good way to think about it. So long as whatever is put on the cloud is something one doesnt mind others seeing in the unlikely event it ever gets hacked.

For Nurmi, isn't it ironic how he wanted all the media to be blocked from secret witness and yet he releases all this crap to the public for them to get in an uproar. He wants his cake and to eat it too.

Yes. She would have little choice.

I trust JM did nothing wrong and that he's doing everything right that he can possibly do to finally get justice for TA's family, even with this slime raining down on him and the process.

If this manuever takes the DP off the table-- by JSS' hand , by default (losing jurors to delay) or by choice (TA family just can't take any more), I sincerely hope that JM pursues every single charge in the book against Nurmi, and that he is relentless in the pursuit.

Nurmi should absolutely not be allowed to slither away.

Shades of Baez .. Never happened

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

If I were JSS the first question I'd ask would be to Nurmi- as in, are you telling me that you just uncovered this shocking evidence of misconduct? As in, within the past 2 days? As in, not back before the retrial began when JM could have addressed these allegations? Sparing us a potential mistrial?

And I would DEMAND proof if he said yes its new. As in, dated communucations with "expert."

BBM:

:seeya: Good question ...

BUT the problem is I have absolutely NO faith whatsoever that JSS will handle this entire matter correctly !

Any other judge, maybe ? JSS ... NOT !

JMO and :moo:

Jeffrey Evan Gold @jeffgoldesq · 4h 4 hours ago
#JodiArias *advertiser censored*-gate. State has to file reply brief. Juan is not going to take this sitting down. Watch for #GoldPatrol! Update later today.
0 replies 8 retweets 35 favorites

He did have help. It's not his usual writing style. Attys get pretty personalized writing styles. I could always tell exactly which of my colleagues wrote a particular brief.
Yes, Jodi was the help.

is this what Jodi was trying to work on when she was her own atty and did she meet with the new PI during that time?

I can't remember if it was twitter or Facebook but I found a link to a PC Guide forum with a thread titled McAfee detected Trojan. All except one of the websites were listed and the one that wasn't I couldn't read clearly.

Fouund this about Chris getting access to TA's e-mails--

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-207912.html:

CH and Skye were in Cancun. Found out he was dead. First thought was that it was JA. Told investigators this immediately. When CH got home, called TA's webmaster and he sent CH TA's passcodes. CH tried them and the passcodes let him in. They read everything. As well as lots of other emails. Including google chat. Never once did JA ever ONCE say anything about pedophilia or abuse. Never, ever once. The only confrontations ever was TA confronting JA.

Is is possible that information on TA's computer could have been erased at this time? I hope not but just wondering. The dates may not line up with when Nurmi says the erase/delete occurred but that would be of small consequence compared to the other lies in this trial.

Yes, depending on what is proved, JA could walk. AZL answered this last night, and I posted a video that Jeff Gold posted last night on the same thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aM51H1eeB58

Verified Attorney
Blog Entries

Uh, I feel sick. I hope this isn't true. If it's true and actually involves child *advertiser censored*, the DP is off the table and even the conviction is in question. If it is not true, I hope KN has a damn good reason for thinking it was true before putting something like that about the victim in print.

I notice he didn't ask to file this one under seal.

I could just vomit. :gaah: :pullhair: :ohdear:

Good points. The convenience of the cloud is wonderful, no doubt about that. I totally understand it and the use of different devices all being able to access the same area is a great convenience.
Its a good way to think about it. So long as whatever is put on the cloud is something one doesnt mind others seeing in the unlikely event it ever gets hacked.

For Nurmi, isn't it ironic how he wanted all the media to be blocked from secret witness and yet he releases all this crap to the public for them to get in an uproar. He wants his cake and to eat it too.

My thought would be how can he submit a motion to have all media stopped, then turn around and cause such a media circus. He is beyond Kray Kray when he files these motions. Can JM file a motion to stop this and ask for a statement submitted to stop this out right lie, and put a muzzle on the Defense team. I know JM does not fight dirty, but maybe he should start....

CH and Skye were in Cancun. Found out he was dead. First thought was that it was JA. Told investigators this immediately. When CH got home, called TA's webmaster and he sent CH TA's passcodes. CH tried them and the passcodes let him in. They read everything. As well as lots of other emails. Including google chat. Never once did JA ever ONCE say anything about pedophilia or abuse. Never, ever once. The only confrontations ever was TA confronting JA.

Is is possible that information on TA's computer could have been erased at this time? I hope not but just wondering. The dates may not line up with when Nurmi says the erase/delete occurred but that would be of small consequence compared to the other lies in this trial.

From my understanding, he was able to read his EM, facebook, or other media he was own, with TA's passwords. He was not on TA's computer, so he would not be able to delete any files if he wanted to. Just em's and media files, which are on internet, not on his computer. I hope I'm clear here.

From my understanding, he was able to read his EM, facebook, or other media he was own, with TA's passwords. He was not on TA's computer, so he would not be able to delete any files if he wanted to. Just em's and media files, which are on internet, not on his computer. I hope I'm clear here.

I'm glad you brought that up. I was wondering how the heck CH would have been allowed into the crime scene to access TA's computer.

Good point, maybe a virus scan was unintentionally performed to remove the "*advertiser censored*". If you put any virus scan on a computer, it would quarantine and delete the viruses.

Maybe Travis did not have an anti-virus, and Jodi tried to plant a virus, failed at it, Travis got mad for her messing around on his computer. Another sick, vicious reason as to why she had to kill Travis. She was desperate to do anything to make him look bad.

The Hughes' may have been trying to protect Travis' assets since Chris was the executor of his will, unknowingly ... 6 years later, this comes up?

I hear what you're saying. The LE would have take the computer as well as the camera at the crime scene.

:seeya:

Snipped and BBM:

Last night when I heard this news that it is POSSIBLE CMJA could "walk," I took a peak into :crazy: LaLaLand ...

And OMG they are planning for her "Homecoming" ! They really do think she is going to be free !

One of them was even planning :drumroll: . . . her Thanksgiving Dinner !

OMG ... just un-freakin-believable ! This absolutely cannot happen !

:tantrum:
She oughta be having Thanksgiving dinner at Perryville!!!

I'm glad you brought that up. I was wondering how the heck CH would have been allowed into the crime scene to access TA's computer.

I am actually a little surprised the webmaster gave CH his passcodes if the webmaster knew he had died.

I agree that CH should not have been able to access Travis computer itself. He most likely only was able to get into email accounts, etc.

There are websites being developed that will help a person when they die. There are different ones that are doing different things for people.
However, the best advice I read about was just making sure a close friend has your online accounts and passwords and make sure your friend does what you want them to.
It sounds like maybe CH was given this sort of permission by Travis.

I personally know of 1 person that was in a fantasy league and he stopped being a participant. We all wondered why. Someone finally found out he had died.
It kind of shocked me and made me realize this kind of stuff does happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member