Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 12/01/14 In recess

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe as well, that he fought hard and when he had no fight left, he did the only thing he knew, the only thing that helped him overcome his childhood, he prayed. And just the thought of that, brings tears to my eyes.

Well, the conversation, I realized, has turned kind of morbid and potentially insensitive to those who've lost their loved ones in this way, so I think I'll end this convo now and do like everyone else and scroll and roooolllll...

Because really, whether Travis went into shock or not matters about as much to me as the sequence of the wounds and the suggestion that his death was peaceful is about as silly to me as Jodi doing Travis a kindness by sending him off to heaven in a Mormon atonement...

Well, the conversation, I realized, has turned kind of morbid and potentially insensitive to those who've lost their loved ones in this way, so I think I'll end this convo now and do like everyone else and scroll and roooolllll...

Because really, whether Travis went into shock or not matters about as much to me as the sequence of the wounds and the suggestion that his death was peaceful is about as silly to me as Jodi doing Travis a kindness by sending him off to heaven in a Mormon atonement...

I refused to read it, the ignore feature came in handy tonight.
Sleep well my friend, hoping we have a full court day tomorrow. Really looking forward to juror questions so we can see where their heads are at. Unless of course, Nurmi drags his re-direct on for both days this week.

considering we know that Deanna and Travis went to the Bishop to confess their sexual contact it doesn't make sense that TA would leave a meeting with the Bishop, walk outside, and confess pedo to someone he wasn't close with.

I do wonder if they wanted Bishop Parker to verify that they were together that night, making it possible that it happened. Why not take the Church down too...another thing that TA loved.

Actually, that is part of their plan... some of the sites I've come across truly make me wonder what happened to society.

I believe as well, that he fought hard and when he had no fight left, he did the only thing he knew, the only thing that helped him overcome his childhood, he prayed. And just the thought of that, brings tears to my eyes.

Bravo, NashBridges. :toastred:

Her witnesses are not afraid for their lives; that's just something that they think sounds plausible enough to fly. What they actually fear is their lies being exposed. They want secrecy so they can say whatever they want and not have to worry about anyone questioning it or their motives.

The talk of threats began at the onset of the guilt phase, perhaps with depositions when JM warned those who planned to lie under oath that he would not let that go. Once they knew he meant business they wanted to bow out but could not find a way to do that gracefully--so they claimed it was due to intimidation. Reality is, the "threats" are and never were much more than some name-calling in social media and the prosecutor warning witnesses not to lie.

Now it has morphed into "fear for their lives." It matters not to this defendant and her supporters that they have caused much of the social media vitriol that they now claim is threatening. I doubt they fear those "threats" at all and given how easily JSS falls for their claims, they may even welcome them.

Perhaps these "witnesses" that fear for their lives are just projecting what they know some of their fellow JA supporters are capable of, let alone JA herself.

http://www.fox10phoenix.com/story/25161955/new-trial-date-set-for-man-in-arias-stalking-case
http://www.fox10phoenix.com/story/2...e-velez-mitchell-identified-as-threat-targets
http://www.fox10phoenix.com/story/23703796/man-charged-in-arias-trial-threats-set-for-court

As for the three, any guesses as to who the "longtime boyfriend" is, according to Troy Hayden's post?
http://www.fox10phoenix.com/category/254145/arias-case

Again, I feel like you're only talking about the bleeding to death part. By then, perhaps the hazy fog of death washing over him gave him a peaceful or calm feeling. But the events preceding it probably were not very calm or peaceful or without fear.

Here's a story from a woman who was stabbed in a frenzied attack more similar to Travis' so I feel like it applies better. She almost died. Her attack and the part after doesn't sound very calm or peaceful. As she lay in the car bleeding out, she interestingly never describes a calm or warm or peaceful feeling washing over her. Again, when I say it depends, I say it depends on the circumstances. You keep describing people who are just lying around bleeding out. That doesn't really apply here. Even so, it doesn't mitigate the terrible, agonizing death he suffered.

Here's the story of Becki Duckworth:

http://isurvivedamurderattackmyfamilydidnt.com/the-day-i-was-stabbed/

We don't know any specifics about this case/story except for the fact that the woman's first instinct was to protect her children and I applaud to that (and please note that she doesn't say a word about physical pain per se, most likely because pain sensors tend to get overridden in situation like this one to give a victim fighting chance) also even if you get stabbed in the heart ,depending on many factors, you may go on to live for quite some time... on the other hand when you get your jugular cut you don't tend to live too long...

According to ME's report and testimony Travis had his SVC cut and had a few minutes of life, right?

Well, now go figure out (and it's easier than it might seem and you don't have to have a medical degree to be able to do that all you have to do is just spend some time on learning this stuff) Travis' blood loss rate using the links I shall provide in my post. And after you provide me with the correct figure we will continue this conversion (otherwise consider it finished) because it feels like I'm just banging my head against the wall here...

http://www.nataonline.com/np/314/calculation-blood-loss

http://bja.oxfordjournals.org/content/85/3/487.full

P.S I am off to bed for today and I am going to take this moment to express my condolences and to say once again that Travis died a terrible death and although it "could" not have been very painful in terms of physical pain and it was especially horrible in the first few second and I mean the rush of fear you get when you get deeply stabbed is outright staggeringly horrific... well it was painful in other ways... AND LIKE I SAID BEFORE HIS DEATH WAS A FAR CRY FROM PEACEFUL IN FACT IT WAS THE COMPETE OPPOSITE OF PEACEFUL!... and I beseech you all to go ahead and do your own research on the matters of physiology (and pathology) to get the full picture of it.

Just came to mind. Remember when Dr what ever her name is, mentioned during cross that perhaps someone will testify about Travis have pedo tendencies. So she knew who the defense will call to confirm that. Enter Matthew Mc. (who was the one to try to get the false letter's in). So is he one of her secret witnesses.?

Just came to mind. Remember when Dr what ever her name is, mentioned during cross that perhaps someone will testify about Travis have pedo tendencies. So she knew who the defense will call to confirm that. Enter Matthew Mc. (who was the one to try to get the false letter's in). So is he one of her secret witnesses.?

I think the good doctor said that perhaps Jodi told someone and they'd come forward.

Have the day off tomorrow so see you all in the twitterfeeds and here...:seeya:

(yes I survived the big Sedona Earthquake of 2014) :D

And guys, the worst of it is that people (people who have medical degrees) who know what I'm talking about don't want to talk about Travis, Jodi and stuff and people who want to talk about it cannot possibly be expected to fully understand what I'm talking about... it's a vicious circle of sorts...

Travis stumbled out of his shower after being stabbed. He tried to get away but had a vicious psychopath hacking at his back, legs, shoulders, head...

He was terrified. I firmly believe it was indeed awful, and to say it was unpleasant would probably be a gross understatement.

This poor man was being murdered with a knife by someone he thought was a friend. The betrayal alone had to cause him immense anguish. No one will ever convince me he did not suffer or that his death was "not awful or unpleasant."

I understand you have a theory that you believe in--that Travis died an easy, peaceful death. I wish I could believe that but no matter how hard I try, I cannot.

All kinds of insane arguments get made. In our case it was argued, out loud, in court that my sister's murder wasn't either heinous, cruel or depraved (it qualified for all 3 as I believe this murder should have) because she fought too hard to save her own life therefore the number of stab wounds was needed to kill her. I'm 100% serious. Argued with a straight face. Some people think jurors are insane clearly.

Excellent research, Val! I'm quite curious about the owner of the Sony DSC too. Oh, on the Flickr pics, if you click on one, below it shows the camera data, click on 'Show EXIF' to see more.

Great find on that pic, can't tell what it is she's holding but it does seem a bit thick for a cell phone. I don't know what the Helios looked like so no real clue if it could have been her phone or a camera.

We went through so much with the camera memory card on the Post Verdict thread, one of the posters (whose name unfortunately escapes me) finally came up with a reason for why the pic of the card looks so thick in the evidence bag, it was in a card case (or something of that nature, I'd have to find the post for the terminology used) but it looked different than the adapter shown in your pic, but very intriguing that a card from the DSC can fit into the camera that Travis had, really good work, Val. :)

Thanks, as for Exhibit 215 that the peeps on Blink are calling a blue sd card:
exh215.jpg

I think it's just the back of a black Sony one like the one shown here because it certainly isn't the blue one shown in this pic(I have no idea where the obviously blue one beside it came from):
JAsonystick.jpg

If you look at where the cut corner is on the one in the bag, it matches the black PRODuo memory stick in the second pic, which as I think was shown in all that stuff for compatible cards, does work in both the cameras.

All kinds of insane arguments get made. In our case it was argued, out loud, in court that my sister's murder wasn't either heinous, cruel or depraved (it qualified for all 3 as I believe this murder should have) because she fought too hard to save her own life therefore the number of stab wounds was needed to kill her. I'm 100% serious. Argued with a straight face. Some people think jurors are insane clearly.

Thanks KCL for sharing your past experiences, no matter how painful it must be to remember them.
I'm looking forward to reading your observations and your further insights into this sentencing retrial.

Well, he cant testify in secret anymore, CoA said so.

Eh...maybe they will just put a bag over his head.

I just used it myself, not interested in reading that rubbish. Click on the persons name, go to their profile, add to ignore list.

Thank you for sharing this! I will use it when needed!!!!!!

Teresa

That's what I was thinking, though I thought he was supposed to during the trial and then didn't because of the letters he'd helped forge. Perhaps he's decided she's worth going to prison for after all, at least it's free room and board...and hey, maybe he can get rich by writing a book to add to all the other ones out there about her.

I hope it's him. I am/was afraid it's someone "credible" that might create doubt in the jurors minds.
I can't believe that Travis who led people to believe he was a virgin, was somehow out there telling people he was a pedophile. How does that even make sense?

I can think of one scenario where he could have been interested in something that could VERY loosely have been defined as "child *advertiser censored*". That's if, say when they were still teenagers, they got hold of some kind of *advertiser censored* that featured other teenagers (or purported teenagers).

Traci Lords made a lot of *advertiser censored* videos before she turned 18. When that was discovered, her previous *advertiser censored* was then considered to be child *advertiser censored*, and anyone who had a copy of the pre-18 videos could, legally, be considered to be in possession of child *advertiser censored*.

Googling Gayla brings up some interesting things she's posted online about CMJA. Btw, Gayla worked with the murderer at a Denny's in Yreka. CMJA was sleeping with a Denny's cook then.

Favorite Gayla-ism.....she describes CMJA as being taken over by evil personalities, whom CMJA would refer to in the 3rd person. OK then.

Lol, and that after JA supposedly stopped practicing Wicca? :facepalm: I guess she's never heard the proverb, "Money is the root of all evil."

Because there are such thing as instincts (or in other words innate behaviors) and they are on until the third stage (class) of hypervolimic shock is reached. Just go educate yourself, man and then try to disprove what I say from the physiological standpoint! And for your information all of my statements are backed up!

Class 3: 30-40% blood loss; hypotension, tachycardia over 120, tachypnoea, urine output under 20 ml/hour and the patient is confused (and "confused" is mildly put).

http://www.patient.co.uk/doctor/resuscitation-in-hypovolaemic-shock

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instinct

I'm no doctor but I think most people are aware what happens during shock and a violent fight to survive ain't part of it, instinct or no. I've read that shock involves trying to put the body and mind on a "power save" so as to protect the main organs.

And I don't think I can be convinced that "confusion" is the same thing as what happens during fight or flight.

But clearly, Travis would've gone into shock relatively quickly with such a large amount of blood loss, and he certainly exhibited the signs of it early on during the attack, if jodi's narration of events is to be believed.

And the body and mind do seem to have an incredible ability to protect the person and I think during the seconds before Travis ultimately succumbed, he felt no pain.

However, he screamed and he struggled during the attack initially and that belies a totally "peaceful" death. Finally, how long Travis suffered before he died does not mitigate what jodi did. He suffered. For me, it is irrelevant whether it was for two minutes or 20 seconds. His was an especially heinous and cruel death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KiKi_T