Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 12/04 In recess Computer Exp Hearing

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed. I don't know how many people use spybot - it's a nifty little utility. It's got me wondering though - when you opt to perform a full system scan, the program literally searches known viruses, worms, trojans, etc by name. You get a window with the names of the ick it's looking for at the bottom. So, it'll say something like 89% of scan complete....Zlob.download.net (just for example).

I have a 13 year old boy who downloads any free game he can find so I've had my fair share of nasties on my PC. Spybot will only remove some automatically while others can only be deleted by going into the registry manually to delete it, clearing caches, cleaning the registry, and sometimes having to repeat the process a few times over to remove all the registry keys associated with a certain virus.

Just thinking aloud, really, and wondering how spybot's files appear on a hard drive. Hmmm.
We have Spybot and BN lied about it not checking the registry and attempting to clean it up.

I don't get it. Has JM had his computer forensics guys look at the 2008 image of the hard drive or not? Did they find this *advertiser censored* or not? Is it on the copy given to Dworkin or not? How is this difficult?

Yes, and first and foremost, respect for the court! None of the DT or their witnesses have shown any! They are a classless lot.

ETA: But then JSS hasn't demanded it.

Yes, they've given her every scintilla of respect she's demanded and earned.

I've been so ridiculously buried at work that I have not had time to search and read about the retrial. It's killing me too. If it's not to much to ask, can someone help link me to YouTube videos of actual court so I can catch up? It's also killing me that I don't know what the jury questions were after the Sexpert testimony. I don't seem to be as good at searching this forum as I was last year. HELP?!?!? Thank you in advance....

Okay, JSS's court calendar has been updated.

12/8/2014 9:30 Trial - Continuing State Of Arizona
Jodi Ann Arias
12/10/2014 9:30 Evidentiary Hearing - Motion Undesignated State Of Arizona
Jodi Ann Arias
12/11/2014 8:30 Trial - Continuing State Of Arizona
Jodi Ann Arias

:seeya: It's an older photo.

One of JSS's and her Defense Team recent rulings is : NO Photographs/Videos of CMJA when she is in her :jail: stripes !
I thought JSS actually ruled the opposite, and photos of JA in her stripes are permissible.

Frigga, I've been poring over everyone's posts & re-tweets. Just now caught up except for page 5. Page 5 was when the hearing got underway, a dark age ago. I'm swirling in the after blast of our unified flabbergast at the testimony & examinations. Juan Martinez definitely knew the character he was grappling with and Juan will not let go. The judge doesn't have Neumeister's number nor is she eager to figure him out. Thinks she is displaying even handed detachment. Unfortunately, the events of the day called for clear decisions, forcefully conveyed, and rule over disorder.

Since we're here to observe in our handicapped, modest way, we can chalk up for the prosecution that Neumeister exposed himself. I see an old parchment writ of culpable error naming one Esteban Flores plus one Juan Martinez, ever so slowly crumpling as the hours ticked by. It's the size of a spit ball now and will go out with the courtroom sweepings tonight.

The defense and their entrusted B have nothing, had nothing. As Dmacky suspects, the $89 Arias signature is all over this project we see in its last throes now. It was when she took up her self-representation in August that the sudden, immediate demand for access to all evidence in & at the Mesa P.D. was demanded in the name of Jodi Ann Arias & for the person of her personal investigator, Dorian Bond. After a cursory examination, who knows what inspirations lit her fevered brain from one day to the next. But as you suggest, Dmacky, she knew what she wanted, all too well.

The thanks button just wasn't enough. Thank you Tuba!

Your post got me thinking... does anyone think the secret name on the paper of the third individual who handled the hard drive could have been Dorian Bond?

Would that even be a possibility?

Why can't anyone tweet stuff verbatim? Why is there SO much editorialising? It seems to me the tweets are getting worse and worse and way less informative. Is there no one out there who wants to purely deliver the news anymore? Is it all about 'social' media? /end rant

This is why we need a live blogging journalist there who isn't limited to 140 characters per post, and being hosted on their employer's website would be much more given to sticking to verbatim questions, answers and rulings (objection - and the answer is....? Who knows, they've moved on to the silly pic). I'm grateful for what we do get from the tweets but honestly, only a couple seem to treat it as a job and not a day at the amusement park.

The Freemans, for two.

I'm wondering how they can get Matt M. on the stand without Juan ripping him a new one? Or Bobby J. and have Juan asked about his and Jodi's drug use and show the picture of him and Jodi and the lines of coke on the table, and Jodi in the spider man t shirt and braids, and get in to how kinky Jodi when they has sex

I hope that they're not going to call ALV or Samuels to beg for her life? And if Darryl B. gets up there I'd like to someone ask why he keeps calling Jodi a girl,she's a grown woman, she was a grown women when he met her (twenty two years older), and she was a grown woman when he had anal sex with her, she wasn't a girl.

Of course it may not work in any other court with any other judge, but this trial is providing a template for avoiding the death penalty when faced in any court where SKS presides.

Am I the only one who thinks something may be wrong with the judge's health? Fanning legal papers at the bench, she looks so frazzled, I am just worried about her health and making it to the end of this trial through hell.

I am thinking this too. Maybe she is not well, but not sick enough to recuse herself. Something seems definitely off and I hope she is ok. Stress can reek havoc on the healthy mind and body. This trial has got to be over the top stressful for her. IMO

We have Spybot and BN lied about it not checking the registry and attempting to clean it up.

He also lied about the "only way" to get a virus/trojan that directs a computer to *advertiser censored* ... is to watch *advertiser censored*. His pants? They're on fire!

I finally had a chance to read on Beth Karas' site her summary of what happened in the hearing today and view her video report. The reporters on Twitter are doing the best they can, but WOW what a difference BK's quality courtroom journalism makes. It probably helps a lot that in her blog she can use more than 140 characters to report her observations, attorney's questions and testimony. It's a huge difference.

According to BK, BN explained in much more detail what he's doing and how he's finding the things he's finding. There's more to it than just him saying the other forensics people have all been unqualified and/or liars.

I still don't know how many mitigation witnesses the defense is talking about and whether all of them are scared of death threats from the internet though.

I'm so frustrated that we can't hear this for ourselves.

In this case, BN wasn't really being questioned about facts he knew, but rather about whether it made any sense to turn over an image of the hard drive and, if so, what issues needed to be addressed to get that done. I don't think it's any big deal to call a break to let him confer with defense counsel.

It seems insane. No, they wouldn't have to be deposed, but the State ought to be given a chance to interview them.

Unless there's some super-awesome excuse for the late disclosure, JSS can tell them to forget it. But she doesn't want JA saying in a post-conviction relief petition that Nurmi provided ineffective assistance of counsel by not disclosing these witnesses on time....so it's a tough call.

How easy is that? So all witnesses came aboard at the very same time? I'm guessing the law and the court don't care about delving into this.

Do we know if the witness list Nurmi talked about today is even a new witness list? That witnesses have been added? I could be so wrong, but what I got from the tweets was that Nurmi has 14 witnesses. He didmt say how many of them were affidavits, only that the three that wanted to testify in secret are now going to do affidavits. Juan said he had a problem with those three. Is it possible that all 14 witnesses are all actually affidavits. Juan had said before there were three witnesses and the rest are affidavits. I just didn't read in posts of tweets that it was a new witness list, but I could of missed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member