Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 12/05-08 In recess

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Juan was asking for the actual items (copies, disks, whatever) that BN was using
to compare to the actual items (original, copies, drives, whatever) Juan has.

If this is not what Juan is asking for I give up.........why ask for a copy of BN's copy if BN could taint the copy he returns.

A third party expert (FBI?) should examine all items - compare - analyze - then report to court.

ETA: They (FBI?) could hand out a flow chart of what happened.

@Justice4TravisA: #JodiArias UPDATE:

Mon. 9:30a - Status Conference

Wed. 9:30a - Evidentiary Hearing.

Thurs. 8:30a - Trial

I'm stumped too. I think Juan's expert may try to explain the possibilities. It'd be one thing if the copy was incomplete, somehow. But the *advertiser censored* is all there, so what gives?

Given the intervening years between the HDD analyses, I'm wondering if BN's ability to find it now has to do with improvements in computer forensic tools such as Regripper, etc. Heck if I know!

I'm stumped too. I think Juan's expert may try to explain the possibilities. It'd be one thing if the copy was incomplete, somehow. But the *advertiser censored* is all there, so what gives?

This might be a clue you can do something with. Goes over my head. BN said (i think i have this right) that he didn't see the *advertiser censored* eitheir at first. He said that what clued him to dig for it was the huge number of scrubbers he found...."a red flag.'

I think CMJA is what clued him to search, not the scrubbers, but the point is that he too is saying the *advertiser censored* wasn't immediately obvious. Why? And what the heck is reverse engineering? Is that what wasn't done the 1st time around?

for the attys in the group: can the State say in their closing comments that the defense instead of showing Ms Arias to be worthy of life instead has chosen to attack the victim and that in itself shows her true colors?

I'm still clueless why both would have missed the *advertiser censored*, virus related or not. What could that good reason be?

I think the simple answer is that they were referring to the parts of Travis' computer that they were asked to look at - his actual activity (photos, messages, browsing history). And in those parts, they didn't find any *advertiser censored*, or active viruses.

If they'd been asked to look at anti-virus program log files (outwith Travis' activity) they might have added, "But I did find lots of *advertiser censored* files and viruses which had been deleted/de-activated by anti-virus programs."

But they wouldn't have been asked to look at those, because they have no bearing on actual user activity.

There is no reason for him to be difficult, and I don't know for sure that he really is being difficult. When I read the Twitter reports from inside the courtroom, he seems to be playing the "Nick Burns Your Company's Computer Guy" role, but when I read Beth Karas' site (which I have been trouble accessing—she's migrating it to a dedicated server this weekend) it seems like he's just trying to answer nonsense questions from the prosecutor.

He was absolutely being difficult. And beyond rude. When JM asked him to turn something over, the only appropriate answer was "yes, sir."

It isn't his job or right to instruct the State what is or isn't relevant, much less to make accusations of misconduct.

I think BN is doing this now, to make it clear he wasn't hiding anything before. He turned over an image and says that should be good enough and Juan's "badgering" about getting a copy is unnecessary. However, now that Juan is clear he wants his copy and the judge has ordered it, there should be no problem now with it. He got it out there. Fair enough. And he may be right. I think we sort of talked about this and I said something about Willmott maybe having a point in her motion because what they turned over is apparently a compressed image and that should work.

But Juan still wants the copy. When you ask for a copy, you want a copy. BN is saying Juan doesn't know what he wants and what they've given him is fine and he's just splitting hairs. Juan may not understand what the image of the copy BN an gave him was, as alluded to in his motion. But he knows it wasn't a copy. And I think Juan does understand he hasn't gotten the copy, obviously, because he keeps asking for it.

I think it's extremely unlikely that Juan's flying solo on this. He may not get his terminology right (or whatever) off the cuff, but he's almost certainly very clear about what he wants for a reason - a reason that an expert has pointed out to him.

Just stumbled across a wealth of info from one of the best sleuthing sites I have ever seen! There's info about the text JA "accidently" sent to Travis instead of another man. Also about another guy named "Steve Carroll"....yall remember that name?
Good stuff I had totally forgotten about. Feb. 2013 !!
There's so many people there that are still here today and waiting for JUSTICE FOR TRAVIS

BTW It's Websleuths

Posted by our very own wenwe4

When you sent this text to TA instead of Steve Carrol you were upset
I was freaking out . . . It never went well when he knew details about my social life . . .he would get angry - start off as teasing me . . or start clicking around on my friends messages . . . or if he was on my page he wanted to know who, what, where . . .

East Mesa is kind of a small place and he saw me on a date with another guy and he started teasing me - at this point it was pure wrath.

Text message talk about his wrath . . . hey there someone has my google password because he helpedme on a googleblog . . . . the second portion didn't go thru because you were able to stop that

You and your steve coverup make me freaking sick . . .
he got into my email an found one from Steve and I told him we were just friends - I thnk that is wat he is referring to . .

Txt - 'why don't you have him f@ck you in the woods . . . .is this about/
yes and the little red riding hood

Exhibit pg 118/132 - after he tells you having sex with mr.Carol - #6576 -
read response - 3 text messages - one message broken into 3

plese don't give me anymore grief about steve or anyone else - lets just adopt a don't ask don't tell policy and we will both be better off . . still love him and apologetic

pg #119/132 from TA to JA

I freaking bet - I wonder how much you send out that I don' see .. . btw thanks for not paying for the car . . . you are more and more like your Mom every day

he wanted to know what it said
Did he demand to know what it said
yes
Did you feel obligated to share the 2nd part with him
yes - he was speculating how bad it could have been - it wasn't bad - just said to email me @ different email
why did you have to justify to TA on this day when you were not dating him
I don't know why - he just had it that way

did you send him a 2nd half of text message/
not that second half
did yu send him something else?
yes

pg 120 #6587
JA @ Hotmail for now - thanks a lot
why did you send that text and make that up?
this was the gist of what I sent . . . I cancelled it in my phone and couldn't find it . . so I just sent what was

the sole message on the page
how did this conversation end?
he said I;m sorry too - ILY
that reel you back in?
made me feel better

talk about one more thing in this exhibit = #121/132 final page of the exhibit (?) what was subject matter that conversation?
I have a blank page

Judge perhaps we can take lunch

Excused for lunch

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-199284-p-4.html

Did I dream this or did DF's brother commit suicide? Could he have confessed something to TA about child *advertiser censored* and TA was trying to help him? Hope I'm not totally losing my mind, LOL.

He did indeed.

Many of us think this is where JA got the whole idea for her pedophile testiphony.

We commented on this in detail during the first phase of this trial.

From what I understand, Juan wants a copy of BNs 2 images he made with the State's image from the original HD.
It's confusing, because it seems like Juan is asking for something he already has. And, like BN said, it's like asking for a picture of a picture.

Unless Juan is going to check for evidence of evidence tampering. Kind of like maybe the DT unleased an executable on their copy and then turning around to say the resultant *advertiser censored* hits was on the original but really the *advertiser censored* hits had not happened yet because just an executable is residing on the original.
Or something like that. :)

cindymac- for some reason I'm having trouble directly responding to your post...but just wanted to thank you for it...and AMEN to what you said!! I really do think it is that simple.

It's not really confusing. Juan wants it. BN says there's no need because it's a copy of a copy he already has. He's saying Juan doesn't understand. Maybe Juan does understand but he wants it anyway, so he can line up their copy with his own forensic copy so he can, to quote BN "reverse engineer" the process he used. I get BN's argument. But If Juan wants it, he wants it, he is in his rights to ask for it, I assume. BN can say he has it already and argue over it and be a computer snob about it, but at the end of the day, if you're ordered to provide it there's no reason not to give it over.

That makes sense. I agree, Juan should be given access to what BN has analyzed. It's a fair request, for comparision sakes.

I don’t care if Travis downloaded satanic dancing, human sacrifices or Jihadi beheadings. What does that have to do with Jodi hacking him to death, slitting his throat and shooting him? Not about what Travis watched.

In fact, if his personality was influenced by *advertiser censored* or violence to women, SHE would be the one who is dead. He would have taken his rage out on Jodi, not the other way around.

The defense wants the jury to believe that JA was a righteous vigilante who may have gone a wee bit overboard, but in some ways was very heroic and saved America from the demon scourge that was TA. JMO

But....maybe the copy Juan wants is to prove they erased something in order to "claim" that Juan did it.

^^^ That is my theory exactly. It would explain all the hemming and hawing to give it over, including a short talk with his attorneys.

He was absolutely being difficult. And beyond rude. When JM asked him to turn something over the only appropriate answer was "yes, sir."

It isn't his job or right to instruct the State what is or isn't relevant, much less to make accusations of misconduct.

He should have respectfully asked JM to clarify. "Do you want a copy of what I've already done or do you want a copy of the original HD that I received from the state? So much of this phase seems to have an "Embarrass Juan at all costs." element to it.

Juan obviously wants his own expert to look at BN's work, but does anybody know if there's an advantage/disadvantage of looking at one (the image) over another (the copy)? I'm thinking that the PT's expert may have requested to look at the "copy"; hence, the reason for Juan wanting it ordered by the Judge...and let me tell you, that whole "requested vs ordered" nonsense was a lame- but successful- attempt at delaying this retrial even longer. It's going on two months on the resentencing phase. How ridiculous is this? And...if I'm not mistaken, it is the Judge's responsibility to keep things moving along. There's no one else to blame for this going on as long as it has, IMHO.

That request vs. order thing got me too. Juan said the judge ordered you to do this, and Willmott objected and said the prosecutor requested it. The judge sustained and I thought huh? He did make the first two requests, but after the first hearing, the judge did order it. Did she forget that, or something?

Given the intervening years between the HDD analyses, I'm wondering if BN's ability to find it now has to do with improvements in computer forensic tools such as Regripper, etc. Heck if I know!

Great point!

@Justice4TravisA: #JodiArias UPDATE:

Mon. 9:30a - Status Conference

Wed. 9:30a - Evidentiary Hearing.

Thurs. 8:30a - Trial

Ah Ha
The first evidence of a possible single work day next week to continue the trial.
With no Fridays, its our only shot.

Taking bets if this sole day will happen or not.

If the judge wants this trial finished before the next millenium perhaps they should consider
-starting at 8 AM instead of 9:30 AM each day
-start going till 5 PM instead of leaving at 3ish or earlier
-start having court on every weekday and quit skipping Fridays, other days
-start having Saturday court days

-Better yet, just start denying the ridiculous DT motions and anything that is related to an appeal of original verdict needs to force DT to wait and file appeal AFTER sentencing phase. Its irrelevant during this phase. Its an appeal about the original guilt phase.

Just stumbled across a wealth of info from one of the best sleuthing sites I have ever seen! There's info about the text JA "accidently" sent to Travis instead of another man. Also about another guy named "Steve Carroll"....yall remember that name?
Good stuff I had totally forgotten about. Feb. 2013 !!
There's so many people there that are still here today and waiting for JUSTICE FOR TRAVIS

BTW It's Websleuths

Posted by our very own wenwe4

When you sent this text to TA instead of Steve Carrol you were upset
I was freaking out . . . It never went well when he knew details about my social life . . .he would get angry - start off as teasing me . . or start clicking around on my friends messages . . . or if he was on my page he wanted to know who, what, where . . .

East Mesa is kind of a small place and he saw me on a date with another guy and he started teasing me - at this point it was pure wrath.

Text message talk about his wrath . . . hey there someone has my google password because he helpedme on a googleblog . . . . the second portion didn't go thru because you were able to stop that

You and your steve coverup make me freaking sick . . .
he got into my email an found one from Steve and I told him we were just friends - I thnk that is wat he is referring to . .

Txt - 'why don't you have him f@ck you in the woods . . . .is this about/
yes and the little red riding hood

Exhibit pg 118/132 - after he tells you having sex with mr.Carol - #6576 -
read response - 3 text messages - one message broken into 3

plese don't give me anymore grief about steve or anyone else - lets just adopt a don't ask don't tell policy and we will both be better off . . still love him and apologetic

pg #119/132 from TA to JA

I freaking bet - I wonder how much you send out that I don' see .. . btw thanks for not paying for the car . . . you are more and more like your Mom every day

he wanted to know what it said
Did he demand to know what it said
yes
Did you feel obligated to share the 2nd part with him
yes - he was speculating how bad it could have been - it wasn't bad - just said to email me @ different email
why did you have to justify to TA on this day when you were not dating him
I don't know why - he just had it that way

did you send him a 2nd half of text message/
not that second half
did yu send him something else?
yes

pg 120 #6587
JA @ Hotmail for now - thanks a lot
why did you send that text and make that up?
this was the gist of what I sent . . . I cancelled it in my phone and couldn't find it . . so I just sent what was

the sole message on the page
how did this conversation end?
he said I;m sorry too - ILY
that reel you back in?
made me feel better

talk about one more thing in this exhibit = #121/132 final page of the exhibit (?) what was subject matter that conversation?
I have a blank page

Judge perhaps we can take lunch

Excused for lunch

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-199284-p-4.html

I don't believe JA's "interpretation" one bit. What a bunch of cr@p!

The defense wants the jury to believe that JA was a righteous vigilante who may have gone a wee bit overboard, but in some ways was very heroic and saved America from the demon scourge that was TA. JMO

^^^ That is my theory exactly. It would explain all the hemming and hawing to give it over, including a short talk with his attorneys.

He should have respectfully asked JM to clarify. "Do you want a copy of what I've already done or do you want a copy of the original HD that I received from the state? So much of this phase seems to have an "Embarrass Juan at all costs." element to it.

That's seems to be what Juan is saying, that someone deleted stuff then used an incinerator to cover their tracks and pinned it on Juan. Just like their pinning damage caused by Jodi's electronics on Juan.

WOW. I really should have bolded the entire email!
JA knew there WAS a way to mend it, and she was not going to let Travis ruin her "reputation." She would have to kill him....She is pure evil, through and through. I swear I actually had chills reading that email, and knowing what was coming :frown:

That has always been my theory about her main motive. She had to kill Travis because he was going to tell all of his Mormon friends what an evil freak she was. And she wanted to land herself a rich Mormon husband. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop