Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 12/05-08 In recess

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dworkin, when deposed, said he found no images of nude women, women's breasts, etc.

Then, on the stand, he said that there was some *advertiser censored*, but that he didn't remember specifics.

When JM reminded LD during cross that in his earlier deposition he denied finding any *advertiser censored*, LD recants saying that he stands by what he said at his deposition; i.e., that he wasn't asked to look for *advertiser censored* and didn't find any.

You're right. I'm re-reading Beth Karas' notes and the Tweets I collected from the hearing and it sounds like BN found
  • *advertiser censored* site URLs had been typed into the web browser
  • viruses that connect with *advertiser censored* sites
  • the Zlob trojan, which BN testified that you get from visiting *advertiser censored* sites in the first place or downloading a video viewer to watch *advertiser censored*
  • when JM asks BN to find the *advertiser censored* sites listed in Nurmi's motion, BN says it's taking a while for him to find those particular sites because "there's just so much *advertiser censored* on this computer"
  • BN says on the stand that "if you put in the word '*advertiser censored*' there are 25,000 hits"
  • The sheer number of "scrubbers" on the computer point to someone trying to cover up *advertiser censored*
  • 100s of 1000s of *advertiser censored* URLs in the history

He does not say that he found any actual *advertiser censored* on the computer. No photos of breasts. No images of women nude from the waist up.

The number of scrubbers on the computer does not point to cover up of *advertiser censored*. My son was not impressed by this number.

I wonder why the assumption is made that he had all these scrubbers to HIDE the *advertiser censored* rather than taking it off the computer? Are they specifically to hide your tracks?

Dworkin, when deposed, said he found no images of nude women, women's breasts, etc.

Then, on the stand, he said that there was some *advertiser censored*, but that he didn't remember specifics.

When JM reminded LD during cross that in his earlier deposition he denied finding any *advertiser censored*, LD recants saying that he stands by what he said at his deposition; i.e., that he wasn't asked to look for *advertiser censored* and didn't find any.

Based on above provided link and following comment, here is a mini transcript of that testimony - Juan Martinez questioning Lonnie Dworkin (defense witness):

Beginning @ 1:10:04

JM: And that involved the computer that we’ve been calling the victim’s computer, correct?
LD: Correct.

JM: With regard to that computer, did you check to see whether or not there were any images at all of women’s breasts in the victim’s computer?
LD: Not specifically. No, I did not.

JM: Generally, did you do that?
LD:: No, not generally.

JM: Did you even look to see if there were any photographs of any women’s breasts on there?
LD: Not specifically, no.

JM: As you sit here today can you tell us if there were any images of women’s breasts in that computer
JW: Objection. Speculation. He just said he didn’t look for them.
JS: Overruled. You may answer.
LD:: I don’t have that knowledge because I wasn’t asked to do that.

JM: Right. But the bottom line is, as you sit here, you can’t tell us that there is because you didn’t look, right?
LD:: Correct.

JM: And you can’t tell us that there are any images whatsoever of any nude women, whether it’s breasts or otherwise, right?
LD: Not without reviewing my notes. I would have to review my notes. If you’d like, I could.

JM: You’re now telling me this may be in your notes or…and before you told me that you didn’t review the data. Which one is it?
LD:: When I’m asked to provide …

JM: Sir, when I ask which one is it, not a long answer…, if you don’t mind.
LD:: Can you re-ask the question?

JM: Sure. Is it that you didn’t look in this computer for any nudes or is it that there weren’t any?
LD:: I recall there was some *advertiser censored* on the computer. I don’t recall if they were specifically just women’s breasts or if there was a …more *advertiser censored* than that or of a different nature of *advertiser censored*.

JM: Do you remember that we had an interview about this issue that we discussed ?
LD:: I remember we did have an interview a couple years ago, yes.

JM: And isn’t it true that at that time that you told me that there was no *advertiser censored*?
LD:: If I said that at that time, then I would stand by that statement. I just don’t have the specific knowledge at this time.

JM: All right. So you don’t have any knowledge at all at this time is what you are trying to tell me?
LD:: Correct.

JM: Okay

~to be continued~

I have to say that I would never want to be questioned by Juan.

He is a great attorney and the way he asks some of the questions gets confusing at times and sometimes intimidating. LOL

Like when he asks things with a negative word thrown in which make the question be the opposite of what you normally would think.

Jose Baez drove me crazy with another negative word style with his "Is it Not?"
or something like that LOL

I have to say that I would never want to be questioned by Juan.

He is a great attorney and the way he asks some of the questions gets confusing at times and sometimes intimidating. LOL

Like when he asks things with a negative word thrown in which make the question be the opposite of what you normally would think.

Jose Baez drove me crazy with another negative word style with his "Is it Not?"
or something like that LOL

Well it appears that JA, either alone while she was representing herself, or via her attorneys after they came back on board, has figured out how to thwart JM's questioning style and has passed this tactic along. Just don't answer and consistently indicate that he is a "slimey" attorney and he's "misrepresenting" what you are trying to say.

Seems they are a little upset that he was able to turn around both JA, the queen of lying liars, and most of her "less than professional and honest" witnesses during the guilt phase. So they just aren't going to let him do it this time. If all of her witnesses consistently state that JM is "slimey", mean and twisting their words, I guess the hope is that the jury will believe that the big bad prosecutor just wants poor little abused JA to die?

MOO

I find it interesting that BN has not mentioned that TA, apparently the master of looking at *advertiser censored* 24 hours a day and then scrubbing it clean off his computer with every anti virus program available (and yes, I would think 22 anti virus programs would negate any of them from ever actually working), never thought to install a VPN or Proxy service on his computer to keep his illegal child *advertiser censored* viewing from being traced back to his IP. I was also not aware that you could find child *advertiser censored* pretty much anywhere on the open web just by surfing for it. Thought maybe that would be more prominent on the underground web or TOR. :waitasec: But then again, I can honestly say I've never even tried to type the words "child *advertiser censored*" into a search engine. Pretty sure TA didn't either but lets just bring the innuendo into a sentencing phase anyway. Why not?

*sarcasm alert*

MOO

There was no mention of child *advertiser censored* at all .

Ms LaV had already testified there was no evidence of such either, just JA's word that there was a picture.
http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/04/10/did-arias-expert-intentionally-ignore-stalking-evidence
2:41 p.m. ET: LaViolette said there is no vidence Arias caught Alexander masturbating to an image of a little boy other Arias' statements. She believes that the incident did happen, because of the other materials she has reviewed in this case.

2:37 p.m. ET: Martinez is grilling LaViolette about why she told him during an interview in November 2012 that Alexander was masturbating to an image of a little boy on a computer. She says she was mistaken, because the image according to Arias was a photograph.

Not sure how accurate this transcript is but this is where I think the link is with the little boy idea(it was TA as a little boy in that pic with the spidey pants...)
http://www.realitychatter.com/t4249-jodi-arias-court-documents#195870
16. Travis stated on the phonesex that he didn't like spiderman-why did he buy you spidey underwear? IDK. There was a child Travis was close with.

I refuse to assume that Dog-In-The-Eye-Guy is truthful.

BN needs to prove his allegations that JM is a liar, that there are more than 100,000 *advertiser censored* pics/vids/files on the HDD, that they were put there by TA, and that the State deleted them and lied about it.

If he fails on any of those points, he and the DT have been discredited.

BBM

I feel that if you understand a subject well, you can explain it to anyone, even the least informed, the simple fact that BN cannot or will not explain these issues to JM, hardly an uninformed man, tells me BN does not have the depth of knowledge in this realm of computery that he would have others believe.

Not surprising though, he was hired by the defense to enhance Travis' voice on the phone sex recording, which is BN's forté, delving into the registry and putting himself forth as a forensic expert of this nature is near fraudulent, imo. Why he has his hands in any part of this investigation is a true blue mystery.

I find it interesting that BN has not mentioned that TA, apparently the master of looking at *advertiser censored* 24 hours a day and then scrubbing it clean off his computer with every anti virus program available (and yes, I would think 22 anti virus programs would negate any of them from ever actually working), never thought to install a VPN or Proxy service on his computer to keep his illegal child *advertiser censored* viewing from being traced back to his IP. I was also not aware that you could find child *advertiser censored* pretty much anywhere on the open web just by surfing for it. Thought maybe that would be more prominent on the underground web or TOR. :waitasec: But then again, I can honestly say I've never even tried to type the words "child *advertiser censored*" into a search engine. Pretty sure TA didn't either but lets just bring the innuendo into a sentencing phase anyway. Why not?

*sarcasm alert*

MOO

Why is it, that to be the victim of a heinous crime, TA has to be a saint? Maybe he was accessing *advertiser censored* 24/7. Maybe he was an absolute a-hole. Maybe he was a fake. Maybe he hid behind his guise of religiousness. Maybe he was fkd up.

Does that make it ok for him to be slaughtered by his crazy zzz girlfriend?

BN didn't, but "our expert" did?
oUyMSId.png

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByBlLbpcgb3wSnFwOFJfdE5nLTQ/

Yea... he could take a pic after the alleged damage was repaired but didn't do one before and now it's beyond repair after he was done with it? I'm not buying it.

I just read somewhere in trial Jodi had CLAIMED the pic of beeny weenie was BEFORE she was baptized ??? No WAY.....I'm going to try and find that now.
Ok, here it is ~

Remember, not too long ago, a few days ago, a computer forensic guy said that he had taken a couple of photos off of Jodi Arias` hard drive and they were male genitals, actually an erection very close up. Well, these photos were identified today. They were sent to Jodi by Travis Alexander 15 days before he baptized her. And they were displayed in the courtroom.

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1302/06/ddhln.01.html

Again, where's the proof? They were taken from a cell phone that went missing for years and then magically turned up with penis pics and sex tapes and what's worse, the judge allowed this very questionable "evidence".

Why is it, that to be the victim of a heinous crime, TA has to be a saint? Maybe he was accessing *advertiser censored* 24/7. Maybe he was an absolute a-hole. Maybe he was a fake. Maybe he hid behind his guise of religiousness. Maybe he was fkd up.

Does that make it ok for him to be slaughtered by his crazy zzz girlfriend?

I agree. It is irrelevant.
IMO this was a crime of extreme jealousy and her reputation. Mostly extreme jealousy imo.

*sarcasm alert*

MOO

And why leave his laptop for all to use, and for it to be discovered. Or if a pop up box warning of a virus and click here, and someone not knowing what it was and clicked it.

If he was looking at that much *advertiser censored* I'd think he'd been more careful and discreet. Something like that would bring down everything he held in the world. OH yeah I forgot that's whats Jodi doing now.

1:13 p.m. ET: Defense attorney Nurmi is showing photos of Alexander's genitalia that he sent her with his phone. The photos were sent November 11, 2006, just 15 days before her baptism. Arias seems to be getting upset on the stand as the photos are shown.

1:07 p.m. ET: Alexander baptized Arias in to the Mormon faith on November 26, 2006.

That should be easy to track I would think???? It was on his phone

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/02/06/live-blog-arias-testifies

Or so JA tells us... where's the proof? We know from past testimony(msg's) that she had used his phone, reading, deleting and sending msg's pretending to be him, as well as that one where he specifically asks her if she used his phone and when she questions why he doesn't respond.

I wonder why the assumption is made that he had all these scrubbers to HIDE the *advertiser censored* rather than taking it off the computer? Are they specifically to hide your tracks?

We don't know what they are but most likely, the vast majority will be malware programs, masquerading as antiviruses or alerts from resident antivirus programs (You've been infected! Click this box to clean the virus!) sort of things that download crap programs and infect a computer further. Sort of like that recent fake Java update box folks here (and all over) were dealing with a few months ago.

According to Dworkin, the hard drive sent to the third party for repair was JA's external drive, and the penis pics were found on it by Dworkin, there were timestamps on the photos (not generated by Encase) but court ended with objection, sidebar, recess and when they came back on Monday the objection to the pics were sustained and they went onto the Helio phone. Which he said there are no tools (like Encase) get get data off of that phone, only screen captures and audio. He found 7 or 8 recordings which he downloaded/saved to his computer and took screen shots of texts and pics.

Perhaps someone should ask Dworkin where the sim cards went that BN claims weren't there, otherwise just how did Dworkin get the data off the phone?

I have been reading a lot tonight about the case, and found the sex tape content, and I truly did not recall CMJA talking about "braces" when they had sex in the bathtub. Anyway, Travis responded "yes I liked the braces." I just wonder what that is, and I damned sure am not going to look it up. I thought I knew a lot, but braces and sex just doesn't ring a bell.:blushing: Anyone know?

I have been reading a lot tonight about the case, and found the sex tape content, and I truly did not recall CMJA talking about "braces" when they had sex in the bathtub. Anyway, Travis responded "yes I liked the braces." I just wonder what that is, and I damned sure am not going to look it up. I thought I knew a lot, but braces and sex just doesn't ring a bell.:blushing: Anyone know?

I think they were talking about her hair braids. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member