Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 12/05-08 In recess

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if AZ (where I live btw for 40 years or so) never changes their time, why would JM say something like, "but you know it's actually 2:44pm not 1:44pm, right? and BN agrees?" CA changes to DLST. AZ doesn't. jmo

Computers automatically switch on DLS anyway. It wouldn't make a difference.

Computers automatically switch on DLS anyway. It wouldn't make a difference.

Not if you set the time zone and location right... Like in China where computers don't change the time automatically, but in a Russian city 50 km from the border computers used to changed the time automatically, although I don't know how it works in AZ.

Mine doesn't. I pick GMT zone, I think. Have done it for years.

Maybe it just depends on the operation system. We out ours on CST and it switches on its own, same with the cell phones. Or maybe GMT doesn't observe DLS?

I don't think what Juan said had anything to do with DLS though. BN had gotten the time wrong. And getting the time right is of significance because at exactly 1:44 that day, Travis was taking a picture of Jodi's beef curtains, so he couldn't have been messing with Spybot.

Not if you set the time zone and location right... Like in China where computers don't change the time automatically, but in a Russian city 50 km from the border computers used to changed the time automatically, although I don't know how it works in AZ.

AZ doesn't observe DLS so the clocks never change (except for the Navajo nation). It's the only mainland state that just switches time zones, depending on the year. So, again, Juan's comment didn't have anything to do with DLS.

Also, CA time in June is the same time in AZ. Sooo, someone an hour behind would have to have not changed it on their computer/camera date in March 2008? if they are on CA time. got me jmo

What do you mean?

You can change the date and time back and forth, however if the time stamp was created with the "wrong" date and time setting changing the date and time to the right date and time won't change the time stamp. Just set the date years back on your phone/camera then take a pic and then change the date back and see what happens.

Back then most computers didn't use a network time server by default.

No, my question is not whether it was changed back and forth but whether it was wrong. Maybe Spybot wasn't cleaning up files at 1:44, maybe it was cleaning up files at 10:44 or 8:30. Maybe not at the same time as the photo.

I deleted the post, ty.

There's something with the hour difference and I'm just trying to understand it is all.

Unless BN just misspoke on the time and Spybot really was just running an automatic update that day at 1:44.

Tomorrow morning is a status conference, apparently so JSS can get Nurmi to tell her his time strategy and how much longer he plans to wind this out. Looks to me like the afternoon will be for trial. I don't have any idea what's up with Tuesday, does anyone? Wed. is the neverending hearing continuation and Thursday should be more trial. On Friday Nurmi starts digging for new motions to post by Monday morning. ;)

According to tweeters JM was pretty clear that the computer time was 2:44 but clock (AZ) time was 1:44, I can imagine if Travis didn't change his clock settings Windows would automatically observe daylight saving time and set the computer clock ahead an hour.

You don't have to be a pedophile to recognize the resort to the voice of a twelve year old. It is also cloying and saccharine. There was no inducement from Travis, from Steve Flores or from Inside Edition & 48 Hours but there was that voice. Not regression, instead a put-on, with a sing song emphasis full of fake surprise. The reaction it stirs in me is impatience and the desire to shake it off. Did someone just throw a gooey dessert? Oh, it's Arias.

Oh Gosh! *giggle giggle* (bats eyes, flips hair, points chin down and eyes up, head slightly tilted)

I bet that used to work on Daddy, or other older gents like DB or GS, but not so much on guys your own age.

Never mind, I think I understand what you guys are talking about now.

Perhaps Travis' computer was in the wrong time zone. Perhaps he still had it on MST even though he would have been on PST in the summer. MST is an hour ahead of PST. Perhaps this is something Juan and his experts picked up on, thus the correction. Do people in AZ have to manually switch the time zones on their computer twice a year or will it do it automatically there? Or is there a setting for Arizona time? If not, this could be the cause in the discrepancy in BN's reporting and Juan's finding of 1:44.

No, my question is not whether it was changed back and forth but whether it was wrong. Maybe Spybot wasn't cleaning up files at 1:44, maybe it was cleaning up files at 10:44 or 8:30. Maybe not at the same time as the photo.

And all I am saying that you can "tweak" time stamps easily... time stamps can be ,sometimes, unreliable...

Attachments

• 20080608_115105.jpg
    20080608_115105.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 191
MeeBee, I'm not sure but CA and AZ are on the same time in June. I did a quick search and it's been that way for a long time. I know 40 years in my own personal experience about the dreaded DLS time.

I'm pretty sure in 2008, GMT or GMT AZ or MT time was available for XP then, but not everyone used it or knew about it possibly? So Travis was in AZ in June 2008, but it should be on the same time if set, unless he bought it in CA and never knew how to change it. I forget where D lived AZ or CA & when did he get this laptop?

Here are the Windows time settings, check the Note near the bottom.

timesettings.jpg

MeeBee, I'm not sure but CA and AZ are on the same time in June. I did a quick search and it's been that way for a long time. I know 40 years in my own personal experience.

I'm pretty sure in 2008, GMT or GMT AZ or MT time was available for XP then, but not everyone used it or knew about it possibly? So Travis was in AZ in June 2008, but it should be on the same time if set, unless he bought it in CA and never knew how to change it. I forget where D lived AZ or CA & when did he get this laptop?

That's what I'm saying. CA and AZ would both be on PST in the summer. If Travis' computer was set for MST still and he never changed it back, this is probably why the times on his computer were an hour ahead and they were able to correct it to the actual time. Because they knew it was not in MST but an hour behind in AZ that day. Travis was just set in the wrong time zone. Just like Jodi's phone being set to "Green-Witch" time.

It's not under JSS court calendar for tomorrow, it's under media relations/high profile scheduled tomorrow, so I don't know? Thanks AZL

https://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/MediaRelationsDepartment/HighProfileList/hplSelectItem.asp

I know you won't be surprised to learn that those calendars are managed by 2 different people. :) So there's no reason to expect them to be consistent lol.

Never mind, I think I understand what you guys are talking about now.

Perhaps Travis' computer was in the wrong time zone. Perhaps he still had it on MST even though he would have been on PST in the summer. MST is an hour ahead of PST. Perhaps this is something Juan and his experts picked up on, thus the correction. Do people in AZ have to manually switch the time zones on their computer twice a year or will it do it automatically there? Or is there a setting for Arizona time? If not, this could be the cause in the discrepancy in BN's reporting and Juan's finding of 1:44.

Some systems offer an "AZ" time zone that ignores DST. Nowadays, it seems that most do. In 2008, though, I think you would more often have to pick MST and uncheck a separate box to ignore DST.

Maybe it just depends on the operation system. We out ours on CST and it switches on its own, same with the cell phones. Or maybe GMT doesn't observe DLS?

I don't think what Juan said had anything to do with DLS though. BN had gotten the time wrong. And getting the time right is of significance because at exactly 1:44 that day, Travis was taking a picture of Jodi's beef curtains, so he couldn't have been messing with Spybot.

Unless this is another of JA's lies and she used the remote to take her own pics, thus some of the badly focused ones.

Oh Gosh! *giggle giggle* (bats eyes, flips hair, points chin down and eyes up, head slightly tilted)

I bet that used to work on Daddy, or other older gents like DB or GS, but not so much on guys your own age.

Worked like a charm on WZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member