Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 12/09-11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's true, I suppose sadistic and sexually sadistic are two different things. Sociopaths do seem to derive a sense of glee from hurting or ruining others.

Sociopathy isn't a choice. It's not a lifestyle. But they are not delusional. They control what they do and they make conscious choices and they choose what path they want to take. Jodi chose to kill. She has no one and nothing to blame but Jodi.

And I do, again, agree it is sad to live such an empty, selfish existence. But it's a waste of energy to express it to them. Sociopaths find it a waste of energy. Again they don't care. Back to her supporters. They are so self congratulatory, thinking Jodi will appreciate them and they're support. They're just more people to be manipulated, to her. She doesn't appreciate it. It amuses her. It amuses her that she can get this story past people, and it amuses her to see people so unendingly guillable. It's her fuel at this point.

Your points are so well made. I direct people's attention to more of that exchange between Arias and Travis on 5/26, because he was expressing so much of what you wrote:

Texts/ IM/ Email, etc that were not shared in the guilt phase but are now included in the sentencing phase (as reported by the tweeters)

TA - "You are relentless in your torture of people that have loved you and protected you and served you and what do you do? You try to destroy them, you are the lowest of the low"
TA -"You are sick and evil and knowing you makes me want to kill myself in punishment...... I'm so stupid".
TA -" I don't even know if you are human"
JA - "I am so sorry. If anyone should it is me. You are light upon this world. I can't even compare"

TA - "Hitler had more conscious"
TA - "Send your piece of **** lie fest so I can mock it"
TA - "We already know based on all the last emails you sent and then invaded my privacy that it is ********"

TA - "Yeah, you are a three hole wonder, you are good for something"
TA - "I loved someone that never existed, what I thought was real never existed. Finish your worthless email"

TA- "I know you got into my computer and erased an email to Lisa"
TA- "You stole my journals, you slashed my tires, and I know it"
JA - "I may be a coward, I may be a *advertiser censored*, but the one thing I am not is violent. I did not slash your tires"

TA- "You never saw me of more value as a piece of **** unless I was serving some purpose to U. I am less than nothing to you."
JA - "I really did love you, but I let it get so distorted. I am so sorry. I have no excuse. none."
TA - "You tried to murder me from the inside out..... how could you?"
TA- "Why did you manipulate me into loving you? I was a good guy?"
TA- "Why did you have to do it to me? Why did you hate me? What was your objective, what was the point?"
JA - "I don't know what you mean ruin you? I would never set out to deliberately do that to you."

JA- "The sexual part of me was an unevolved way of trying to be more loved"
JA - "I knew you weren't in love with me. I knew you cared, but that it wasn't that kind of love"
JA - "My sex drive is gone.."
TA-"I doubt that "

"Jodi tells Travis she's been a bad influence. He says he's not mad about that"

JA- "There's no excuse for me to be alive"
TA -"I want a real answer"

TA "Yes, I'm addicted to it. I keep taking you back and you know it. You know I'll get pissed but I'll take you back"
JA- "Honestly, aside from what I wanted to say, it was me that wanted to hear your voice just once"
JA- "It's a little fix, your not the only one who is addicted"
JA- "What's the purpose, it's not marriage, it's just sex"
JA - "Here I come looking like an angel, speaking sweetly, acting nicely, pleasing you in many ways...."
JA -"I don't want to continue to breath"

TA "I was a dildo with a heartbeat to U"
JA "But you were not just a piece of meat"

Your points are so well made. I direct people's attention to more of that exchange between Arias and Travis on 5/26, because he was expressing so much of what you wrote:

Texts/ IM/ Email, etc that were not shared in the guilt phase but are now included in the sentencing phase (as reported by the tweeters)

TA - "You are relentless in your torture of people that have loved you and protected you and served you and what do you do? You try to destroy them, you are the lowest of the low"
TA -"You are sick and evil and knowing you makes me want to kill myself in punishment...... I'm so stupid".
JA - "I am so sorry. If anyone should it is me. You are light upon this world. I can't even compare"

TA - "We already know based on all the last emails you sent and then invaded my privacy that it is ********"

TA - "I loved someone that never existed, what I thought was real never existed. Finish your worthless email"

JA - "I may be a coward, I may be a *advertiser censored*, but the one thing I am not is violent. I did not slash your tires"

TA- "You never saw me of more value as a piece of **** unless I was serving some purpose to U. I am less than nothing to you."
JA - "I really did love you, but I let it get so distorted. I am so sorry. I have no excuse. none."
TA- "Why did you have to do it to me? Why did you hate me? What was your objective, what was the point?"
JA - "I don't know what you mean ruin you? I would never set out to deliberately do that to you."

JA - "I knew you weren't in love with me. I knew you cared, but that it wasn't that kind of love"
TA-"I doubt that "

TA "Yes, I'm addicted to it. I keep taking you back and you know it. You know I'll get pissed but I'll take you back"
JA- "Honestly, aside from what I wanted to say, it was me that wanted to hear your voice just once"
JA - "Here I come looking like an angel, speaking sweetly, acting nicely, pleasing you in many ways...."

Heartbreaking to read this. It's so clear that she was the abuser, the manipulator, the mistress of deception. She toyed with his emotions and taunted him till he drew his last breath. Poor Travis.

Beth Karas did bring up something about MST and how BN corrected it from 10:27 to 9:27 on June 10, 2008 because of the time zone difference. That would have been in the first hearing, not last week's. Someone posted a snippet of the notes. This did not come through at all in the tweets. He questioned him about it while questioning him about the difference between 2:44 and 1:44. Beth posts a lot things that are not in tweets. This did help clear up Juan's questioning on it being 1:44 and not 2:44. We didn't understand.

Jumping off my own post to respond to you again geevee. I do agree that the line of questioning doesn't really have anything to do with dls time or AZ's time in relation to CA's. It is only about the time on the computer and whether it was accurate or not and whether or not BN was accurate. The only thing that matters is that in summer AZ is on PST so if the computer was in MST it was wrong at that point in time.

TA-"I doubt that "

Based on that above exchange that I had not read in full until now it appears that Jodi DID do some pretty serious things to prompt Travis to go off on her like that. I am now convinced his reference to invading his privacy was also a reference to her recording their sex phone conversations. I think there are other things she did to Travis that may not yet be known. And I'm glad the entirety of the conversation is being shown to this jury it shows that Travis WAS addicted to the type of sex Jodi provided and Jodi knew it. It's also important to note that the only thing Jodi denies doing is slashing his tires (which get real we all know she did). She doesn't even try to deny stealing his journals or hacking into his email.

Jumping off my own post to respond to you again geevee. I do agree that the line of questioning doesn't really have anything to do with dls time or AZ's time in relation to CA's. It is only about the time on the computer and whether it was accurate or not and whether or not BN was accurate. The only thing that matters is that in summer AZ is on PST so if the computer was in MST it was wrong at that point in time.

LOL The only thing I'll beg to differ with is, MST was the correct time for that computer in AZ, they were on Standard time, everyone else was on Daylight Saving Time. :)

The defense's mitigation testimony is beginning in Eric Williams capital murder trial - I'll post again when they finish, just so we can compare how a more normal trial operates. ;)

:seeya: Thank You, geevee !

I saw a tweet earlier from WAT that the state rested their case.

LOL The only thing I'll beg to differ with is, MST was the correct time for that computer in AZ, they were on Standard time, everyone else was on Daylight Saving Time. :)

No Arizona is on PST at that time. Everyone else was in their own time zone but Arizona's time zone changes during dls. That is why BN says he adjusted the time back when he saw it was in MST and why Juan did the same.

Both the killer and Alyce LaV testified that Travis committed violence upon the person of Arias, beginning October of 2007. After the two of them argued heatedly, "he shoved her her, pushing her to her knees." I don't find this credible but LaV did. I can readily believe that Arias indulged in the drama of sinking to her knees in tears at least once in their relationship, like a silent film actress. She always aims for the maximum drama & shock in her histrionics that move from choke outs to body slams and much, much more.

The incident of January 21, 2008 belies the record of that day & the next which Martinez presented in court. For me, it was always the sort of flawed lie that stops the listener. Arias tells us she walked in on her sexual partner, unannounced, and was the accidental recipient of the photograph on paper of a boy about five in briefs. Would there be reason to believe this was a picture of Travis in briefs (which we have seen)? Was there a reason to assume it was not Travis but a child he lusted after, known or unknown? Would her mind immediately smack Travis with the label pedophile?

* As Val1 produced for us, there was a March 10, 2013 juror question: "Travis stated on the phone sex that he didn't like spidernan---why did he buy you spidey underwear?" Arias answered, "I don't know. There was a child he was close with." My interpretation of this liar's reply that says less than it evades is that the picture of Travis with his dad is a mental fixture for her, all too useful. "The child he was close with" is he, Travis. There never was another four or five year old but she incorporated him, yes abusing him again in death, as the victim in her pedophilia slander.

We do know this continuous maligning of her victim defeats the mitigation of remorse.

*page 23, Thread closed prior to this one, Post#568. Date 12/06/1014, 7:24 p.m.

BBM - I always thought she was on her knees frequently during their relationship. :drumroll:

Based on that above exchange that I had not read in full until now it appears that Jodi DID do some pretty serious things to prompt Travis to go off on her like that. I am now convinced his reference to invading his privacy was also a reference to her recording their sex phone conversations. I think there are other things she did to Travis that may not yet be known. And I'm glad the entirety of the conversation is being shown to this jury it shows that Travis WAS addicted to the type of sex Jodi provided and Jodi knew it. It's also important to note that the only thing Jodi denies doing is slashing his tires (which get real we all know she did). She doesn't even try to deny stealing his journals or hacking into his email.

TA-"I doubt that "

Wow g. This is even more harrowing and sad than the little pieces we got in the guilt phase. Thanks so much for this. Now that the whole thing is out it is so obvious Travis isn't just mad at her. He is confused and hurt and incensed. I agree JSR, after reading this in full I am convinced that the trigger was definitely Jodi revealing she'd recorded their call. And he went off on her. I mostly think this because of what she says here:

"JA- "Honestly, aside from what I wanted to say, it was me that wanted to hear your voice just once"

Aside from just wanting to have phone sex with you, I just wanted to hear your voice. She probably told him that she recorded it because she missed him and loved him and wanted to hear him whenever she wanted and that the phone was stolen and that's why he's so angry. He knows she's lying.

Also, this text was so interesting to me:

Travis didn't say anything about ruin. He said you wanted to mueder me inside and out (omg...), he asks her why she did it, he asks her why she hates him...but never said anything about her wanting to ruin him or anything even along those lines. She revealed herself right there. That was what she wanted to do. Ruin him. Nice catch gcharlie.

And I agree JSR it is interesting that the only thing she latches on to and denies is the tire slashing. Because there's no innocent "oh, I just loved you too much and did something crazy" excuse. That is just flat out angry vandalism and vengeance. She didn't want him to see her as violent, just misguided.

TA-"I doubt that "

So these are a combination of texts/emails/IMs in chronological order? I don't think I've seen this before. What email is he referring to here?

OMG!

I have just checked the justice4jodi fb pg to see if they have stopped supporting Jodi.

They have posted 2 videos on youtube alleging JM has been found guilty of "Prosecutorial Misconduct" on 3 previous occassions. WARNING - these videos are bound to rile some of us up, please be kind to the messenger (me)! These videos are jib jab like.

10 min video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76iN6zn_3qc&feature=youtu.be

3 min video w/Michael Kiefer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGWpjR1z8rQ&feature=youtu.be

These are poorly done and choppy. The 2nd one doesn't cite sources . . . .

ETA: After reviewing the longer video w/clips from Judges questioning Juan's previous behaviors - I think this is laying out the DT whole tactic of getting Juan to mess up enough to compromise the case.

So these are a combination of texts/emails/IMs in chronological order? I don't think I've seen this before. What email is he referring to here?

Remember her saying that she sent some message or email to him on MySpace? I believe that's what is being referred here.

Wow g. This is even more harrowing and sad than the little pieces we got in the guilt phase. Thanks so much for this. Now that the whole thing is out it is so obvious Travis isn't just mad at her. He is confused and hurt and incensed. I agree JSR, after reading this in full I am convinced that the trigger was definitely Jodi revealing she'd recorded their call. And he went off on her. I mostly think this because of what she says here:

"JA- "Honestly, aside from what I wanted to say, it was me that wanted to hear your voice just once"

Aside from just wanting to have phone sex with you, I just wanted to hear your voice. She probably told him that she recorded it because she missed him and loved him and wanted to hear him whenever she wanted and that the phone was stolen and that's why he's so angry. He knows she's lying.

Also, this text was so interesting to me:

Travis didn't say anything about ruin. He said you wanted to mueder me inside and out (omg...), he asks her why she did it, he asks her why she hates him...but never said anything about her wanting to ruin him or anything even along those lines. She revealed herself right there. That was what she wanted to do. Ruin him. Nice catch gcharlie.

And it is interesting that the only thing she latches on to and denies is the tire slashing. Because there's no innocent "oh, I just loved you too much and did something crazy" excuse. That is just flat out angry vandalism and vengeance. She didn't want him to see her as violent, just misguided.

I had the same reactions to the points you outline, MeeBee. But the ruin you part, good God! It's the same thing she said to LE after she murdered him! She didn't want to ruin his reputation, nooo...This is so creepy and manipulative.

No Arizona is on PST at that time. Everyone else was in their own time zone but Arizona's time zone changes during dls. That is why BN says he adjusted the time back when he saw it was in MST and why Juan did the same.

Ok, I see what I did wrong here. I'm using the wrong terminology. MST and PST would not be used in the summer because it's daylight savings time. AZ does stay technically stay on MST all year (I had to look it up). I think what I'm meaning say is MT and PT. Arizona in the summer would have the same time as pacific time because the clocks don't change but are still technically in MST.

I will not use MST and PST anymore. I thought it was just the name of the time zone all year. And I will not say it changes time zones because it technically doesn't. I was wrong there.

Not to belabor the issue (and I don't wanna argue with you MeeBee, we're generally on the same page) but I don't recall any testimony about time zones, however AZ's "time zone" does not change, everyone else moved to DST, during which, AZ time (MST) is the same time as PDT. A distinction that doesn't change the fact of the time but a necessary one, I think.

Ok, I see what I did wrong here. I'm using the wrong terminology. MST and PST would not be used in the summer because it's daylight savings time. AZ does stay technically stay on MST all year (I had to look it up). I think what I'm meaning say is MT and PT. Arizona in the summer would have the same time as pacific time because the clocks don't change.

I will not use MST and PST anymore. I thought it was just the name of the time zone. And I will not say it changes time zones because it technically doesn't. I was wrong there.

I think you have it. :)

Not to belabor the issue (and I don't wanna argue with you MeeBee, we're generally on the same page) but I don't recall any testimony about time zones, however AZ's "time zone" does not change, everyone else moved to DST, during which, AZ time (MST) is the same time as PDT. A distinction that doesn't change the fact of the time but a necessary one, I think.

We don't recall it because it wasn't tweeted. Someone posted the notes from Beth Karas in which she talks about the time zone testimony. Again, it helped to clear stuff up.

So if it was in MST during the summer than that it was right. If it was in MDT then it was wrong.

I feel stupid :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member