Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 12/09-11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. But if the computer itself is set in MST for all year, it's wrong in the summer and right in the winter, after daylight savings time ends.

Now I think I'm getting confused, lol... but is it possible that the computer was automatically set to adjust to DST ? Which would mean that the time was an hour off since Arizona doesn't participate in DST . Or, am I just confused ? :sheesh:

Yes, I understand. I thought I was helping lol. It doesn't matter what time of year it is in AZ, if a non-Navajo Nation computer is using a network time server to keep time and it is set to MDT it's time is incorrect.

I had my own "Twilight Zone" moment going through a Mountain Time Zone many years ago. Me and some friends were traveling by car to a Colorado ski resort. We had a New Years Eve celebration car party from around 12:01 A.M. - 12:30 AM somewhere West of Amarillo, TX while stil in CST as we were going further west before we would go North to Colorado. Around 12:30 AM we crossed the border into New Mexico and Mountaint time, and low and behold, it was 11:30 PM again. LOL

Quite a car party that night. 2 New Years Eves. LOL :)

I must have misunderstood where you were getting confused. Sorry!

What I initially was saying is if the computer was on MST, then it was right. But if it was set on MDT it was wrong. I worded it weirdly. So if it was on MST like BN said then he didn't need to adjust the time. Maybe now that explains why the search warrant was served half an hour after the time it was woken up, which didn't make sense.

Eff it.

Is there an easy way to enlarge the text of the letter? Zooming in does nothing when I try it....

I copy and pasted it into my Paint program then just enlarged it in there to read it.

Now I think I'm getting confused, lol... but is it possible that the computer was automatically set to adjust to DST ? Which would mean that the time was an hour off since Arizona doesn't participate in DST . Or, am I just confused ? :sheesh:

Yeah, that is where I was confused. I didn't know there was MST and MDT. I know what daylight savings time is and I know when it begins and ends and I know AZ doesn't do daylight savings time. But I thought MST just represented mountain time, same as I thought with all the time zones, if that makes sense.

But I think you're right, if the computer was set in MST at one point, then it would probably automatically switch to MDT the way most computers do unless Travis unselected the automatic DLS observation option so his computer would always be right. Depends on the settings.

Well damn.

This is what Nurmi/JA do, ties you up in knots so badly ya don't even know what time is it. :scared:

I finally read that letter. It's hilarious. It's 3 full pages of tiny tiny writing *****ing about being lied to. LOL!

LOL Now I am confused. It seems I am in the rabbit hole with you :smile:
You are right about both states being the same time in June. :thinking: TA and JA started dating in 2006. DST was extended by a month in 2007. If that helps :confused:
I am totally lost.

From 1986 to 2006 this was the first Sunday in April to the last Sunday in October, but starting in 2007, it is observed from the second Sunday in March to the first Sunday in November, adding about a month to daylight saving time. (See: New Federal Law.)

Read more: Daylight Saving Time | Infoplease.com http://www.infoplease.com/spot/daylight1.html#ixzz3LWVZHyyb

I may be way off here, but I seem to recall something about the laptop name/date during the trial. I don't recall if it was during Deanna, JA or one of the experts but iirc it had something to do with it having been bought by Deanna in a different state ...sorry I'll have to see if I can find a reference. The other thing that is a possibility, is that JA had been fooling around on it for her own use and without realizing AZ doesn't use DST, set it so it did?

Yeah, that is where I was confused. I didn't know there was MST and MDT. I know what daylight savings time is and I know when it begins and ends and I know AZ doesn't do daylight savings time. But I thought MST just represented mountain time, same as I thought with all the time zones, if that makes sense.

But I think you're right, if the computer was set in MST at one point, then it would probably automatically switch to MDT the way most computers do unless Travis unselected the automatic DLS observation option so his computer would always be right. Depends on the settings.

:happydance:

It's little wonder poor BN hesitated. And he LIVES in AZ!

I find it interesting that the long messages from Travis to Jodi (previously posted by geevee) was written on 5/26. Didn't Juan say something to BN about the computer running virus checks on 5/27? Then when was the break in @ JA's grandparent's house (5/28?) The murder happened on 6/4 -(one week later). I wonder if she called and reserved the rental car between the 5/26 & the date she picked it up. Looks like she was quite busy that week!

Yes Marg, the time thing is confusing.
Arizona is unusual in that it does not observe Daylight Saving Time. However, California does observe it.
California is PST and Arizona is MST.

MST is one hour later than PST.
This means that during the two-thirds of the year from Spring to Fall when Ca. observes Daylight Saving Time, both states have effectively the same time. California advances its clocks by one hour (like most other states do), matching the time in Arizona (which does NOT advance its clocks).

In the Winter, when the clocks are returned to normal, there is a one-hour time difference between the two states.

Am I taking the time difference in that someone with a computer in a different time zone ie; maybe California? and that is when and whom ever downloaded the *advertiser censored*?

:seeya: Thank You, geevee !

I saw a tweet earlier from WAT that the state rested their case.

The day has finished, several witnesses testifed (I lost track but 6 or so, maybe more), mainly mitigation to his character and behavior (the warden, the baliff on duty in the courtroom, a few others), tomorrow there will be expert witnesses and the judge told the jury that when they do get the case they may be sequestered but he would give them a day's notice. I believe he told them to expect it to go into next week but I couldn't hear him very well, so that's the wrap for today.

:happydance:

It's little wonder poor BN hesitated. And he LIVES in AZ!

Lol that's what I was just thinking. BN lives in AZ so he knows MST would be correct all year. There's no excuse for his confusion. So the point Juan was making was still valid. He made a one hour adjustment for one time and not for the other. Either he messed up on one or the other. Either the time was right or it wasn't. I just made it more complicated than it needs to be lol :facepalm:

But he also told the friend/family of friend during a Sunday dinner that if he didn't show up one Sunday it was because he was dead....or words to that effect. IMO Travis knew after that drawn out argument with JA that she was capable of killing him and was going to stick to his staying pissed at her without taking her back.

In other words, I don't believe (and never have) that he knew she was coming there that night and that he was waiting up for her.

MOO

I don't either, but I do believe that when she showed up, he did not kick her out (obviously). I'm of the belief that the two revisited this subject after sex that early afternoon. She arrived equipped.

I don't either, but I do believe that when she showed up, he did not kick her out (obviously). I'm of the belief that the two revisited this subject after sex that early afternoon. She arrived equipped.

I agree. They kissed and made up, he was made to feel like he'd overreacted, decided to part on good terms and they had one last roll in the hay. I think Travis was still done with her that day realizing she was just toxic and unstable, but decided to harbor no ill feelings toward her and maybe even felt sorry for her and succumbed, as he did, to her carefully crafted seduction. He was just too nice to cut her off completely from his life and he was addicted to the sex. And she knew it. She was highly aware of what she could get away with.

Well damn.

Now I understand your concern. I don't know if computers in AZ know that they are not supposed to change. Most computers in any time zone will change for DST. You have an excellent question.

And I was married to a guy later diagnosed both antisocial and narcissistic. I spent years after our relationship learning everything I could about the Cluster B's. I was determined to never fall victim to someone like that again. He was horrifically abused and humiliated as a child. There's pretty substantial evidence to suggest conduct disorder (used to dx antisocial) by his mid-teens.

He was the epitome of any predator or abuser someone reads about. Charming, perfect, funny, gregarious. Everyone who met him loved him. He didn't have any long-time friends but I didn't think about it because he'd moved around a lot. He'd been married previously too and that relationship lasted 7 years.

Every personality disorder is different and everyone that is afflicted with them is different too. I consider borderlines to truly be their own worst enemy - but there are some who are highly manipulative and extremely emotionally (at least) abusive. All four of them are so similar, but with different motivations.

Any borderline fears abandonment. But so too does a narcissist - though they fear what it projects to those they deem matter and loss of their narcissistic supply. The overwhelming majority of them have issues with interpersonal relationships because, in reality, dealing with their PD 24/7 is exhausting. The best way I have to describe it is loving a porcupine. They might be cute and look friendly - but damn they hurt. They push everyone away. Narcissists and antisocials tend to hurt outward. Borderlines and histrionics tend to hurt inward - but their actions can have incredibly harmful affects on those around them. My ex systematically sabotaged every relationship - very often doing the unthinkable to those who once loved him. It seemed a self-fulfilling prophecy since he often told people they'd end up leaving him.

Borderline and severe early childhood trauma go together like peanut butter and chocolate. Most borderlines are women and most of those women have suffered abuse. Many times a cluster B disorder is co-existing with other disorders or illness - which contributes a lot to why some turn out like Jodi while others could never harm a fly.

I am sorry your sister has such a rough go of it. There's a lot of stigma (some well deserved) when it comes to PD. I think of all of them borderline is probably the most misunderstood. This is a really great website that probably saved my sanity, should you ever need it:

http://outofthefog.net/

Thanks to everyone for helping us understand a lot about these "ills".

I do have a question I have been wondering about.
Do people like Jodi (perhaps a bonafide sociopath?) hold grudges longer than normal people?

She had practically a week to come to her senses and realize it is a stupid idea to take her revenge out on Travis because she would probably get caught. But that week of time never fazed her, when most people would probably realize its a stupid idea to murder someone. But she held onto her grudge, and if anything, her rage got worse over time. So I wonder if holding grudges is a "trait" of people like Jodi?

Another case was similar with the NASA lady who drove non-stop for many hours with diapers to confront and try to kill the lady person in the love triangle. She also had ample time to come to her senses and if anything her rage got worse over time, so she held onto her grudge for a long time.
She too had been planning revenge for a long time it seems even before she traveled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carmenbellaxx