Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
William Pitts ‏@william_pitts · 2m2 minutes ago
Sounds like Martinez is trying to attack the basis of the accusation… By asking if Neumeister knows what he's talking about. #jodiarias

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer · 2m2 minutes ago
That could account for 70,000 files, Martinez says over objection from Willmott. #JodiArias

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 1m1 minute ago
Juan- What's the significance to it being recycled #jodiarias #3tvarias

But it sounds like his evidence to support that has nothing to do with Travis Alexander's actual hard drive… Only the copy. #jodiarias

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 2m2 minutes ago
Perry- That folder was present on drive and then deleted. There isn't any info at all, no data in the file. #jodiarias #3tvarias

Wait is this true? I'm confused now.

Smith says almost 9,000 files were modified on working clone. Willmott's irrelevance objection again overruled.

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 18s 18 seconds ago

Juan asks Smith to explain what a hash value is.

It's a fingerprint of electronic data. #JodiArias

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 8s 8 seconds ago

The hash values of each drive was different than the other.

Willmott is over ruled yet again with her objection. #JodiArias

Main problem is that there may be no original image of the hard drive before the computer was turned on to compare. #jodiarias

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 18s 18 seconds ago

Juan asks Smith to explain what a hash value is.

It's a fingerprint of electronic data. #JodiArias

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 8s 8 seconds ago

The hash values of each drive was different than the other.

Willmott is over ruled yet again with her objection. #JodiArias

I sense another bombshell from Juan....

I think it's just the opposite. Image copies are what are required protocol - they are condensed, write protected and can be sum checked against the original. Clones are simply copies of a drive that can be used to restore. As I suspected BN didn't have the proper equipment or software when he made his copies - they're not proper image copies and are worthless. He testified that he used a write blocker, but lives files say otherwise. That's perjury. Also that drive #4 was probably an image copy that Dworkin made for BN off of his clone in order to attempt to satisfy JM's entirely proper request. But the clone had already been changed before an image copy could be made.
Yep, and that's what JM has been leading to. He is not certified in this field at all, his 'work product' is unusable and they need to get another expert for court testimony.

I think it's the opposite lin. A clone is what is needed, it is an exact copy of a hard drive. So you have two hard drives that are exactly the same. An image is just compressed image of the hard drive on a Zip file. I don't think it's proper for forensic purposes.

Wiillmott again points out that these things have nothing to do with the original drive, only the versions that Neumeister was working on.

Which just goes to show, Wilmot continues to give Juan bogus HD copies.

AZL: Is there such a thing as Defence Misconduct? Any repercussions for altering evidence?

Well, a defense team could be sanctioned by the judge or the State Bar. But no one's saying they tampered with evidence so far--just with a clone BN was using.

But again so far none of this proves anyone actually knew about it and covered it up. #jodiarias

The registry won't hold what a person is doing day to day. If a person is punching the keys is it in the registry? #jodiarias #3tvarias

Perry-No....that is in history #jodiarias #3tvarias

But again so far none of this proves anyone actually knew about it and covered it up. #jodiarias

The registry won't hold what a person is doing day to day. If a person is punching the keys is it in the registry? #jodiarias #3tvarias

Perry-No....that is in history #jodiarias #3tvarias

Poor William Pitts, he thinks this is still about prosecutorial misconduct.

Smith says that just because something is on the registry, it doesn't mean the user went there. It could be the anti-virus program.

Juan- So if registry shows a certain site does that mean the user went to that site #jodiarias #3tvarias

Perry- No..it has more to do with anti virus and commands. It doesn't mean the user was going there #jodiarias #3tvarias

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 25s 25 seconds ago

Commands being given by the computer involving certain sites would show up in the registry.

Not things a person did on the cpu. #JodiArias

Looks like once again the DT have painted/filed themselves into a corner. And some time ago a certain someone mentioned Einstein?

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer · 1m1 minute ago
Smith says that the drive was damaged. Martinez is done.

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 10s 10 seconds ago

Smith tried once to make an image from the TA laptop.

The drive just clicked, it was damaged and didn't work anymore. #JodiArias

I think it's the opposite lin. A clone is what is needed, it is an exact copy of a hard drive. So you have two hard drives that are exactly the same. An image is just compressed files of a the hard drive on a Zip file. I don't think it's proper for forensic purposes.

MeeBee, the way my computer forensics people always explain it to me is that an image is needed for forensic work because it is an exact copy and is protected from alteration. Reading the files using a special viewer program does not change any metadata, etc. A clone is also an exact copy but in a "live" state.

Juan- What happened when you went to make an image from TA hard drive?
Perry- It was damaged #jodiarias #3tvarias

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 17s 18 seconds ago

Juan has no more questions.

Willmott asks for a short break.

Judge gives her 10 min recess.

Hit the pit yall! #JodiArias

Monica Lindstrom ‏@monicalindstrom 47s48 seconds ago
#JenniferWillmott says the original evidence has not been changed #JodiArias so this line of questioning is irrelevant

Hello Wilma ! This whole shenanigans of computer tampering during the last 7 years is irrelevant. This is supposed to be the penalty phase ONLY, mitigation to spare JA's pathetic life. All of this crap is IRRELEVANT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scyna0895