Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 12/19-1/5 Break

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I find really ridiculous is this is the mitigation/penalty phase.

Nurmi and Wilmont are trying to "re-try" the entire case. Dr. Geffner is playing "proxy" for CMJA so she can have weight to her "story" when she is put back on the stand for cross by JM, and I'm sure she'll pull the meek, frightened little lamb routine.

This is the baloney the DT is trying to sell:

1907448_714919428584202_4734013161500714067_n.png

Maybe JM will just use CMJA's post verdict interview where she states her defense lawyers told her she had NO mitigating factors.

During the first trial, the book "Gone Girl" was discussed on the Sidebar here. Shades of Arias all through it.

This holiday jury break will be good, they might have a few days more of Geffner when they come back, but what JM does when they reconvene will stay with them far more than the 4 previous days in December when Dr. G put most everyone in "snooze" mode, or startled them with a "giggle fest".

At this point, I honestly don't believe CMJA was EVER TA's girlfriend, she just inserted herself into his life and wrote a complete fantasy about it in her "books".:gaah:

The BMW info is from BK site. It's really too bad that the Hughes won't be testifying. There's so much they could clear up and add.

I really think that Nurmi knew how damaging they could be, but also knew how judgemental they could be, and deliberately neutralized them before trial one.

According to the Hughes, he deliberately misled them at best, lied to them at worst, by saying the DT had proof TA was a pedophile. Nurmi was referring to the forged pedo letters.

The problem is, Sky believed him and said so in writing. JM can't call either one of them as a result. Its too damning that one of his closest friends believed him capable of such a vile thing. For whatever reason they used to explain thensekves after the fact.

Another CMJA revenge completed, to use his best friends against him after his death.

Nurmi and Wilmont are trying to "re-try" the entire case. Dr. Geffner is playing "proxy" for CMJA so she can have weight to her "story" when she is put back on the stand for cross by JM, and I'm sure she'll pull the meek, frightened little lamb routine.

Maybe JM will just use CMJA's post verdict interview where she states her defense lawyers told her she had NO mitigating factors.

During the first trial, the book "Gone Girl" was discussed on the Sidebar here. Shades of Arias all through it.

This holiday jury break will be good, they might have a few days more of Geffner when they come back, but what JM does when they reconvene will stay with them far more than the 4 previous days in December when Dr. G put most everyone in "snooze" mode, or startled them with a "giggle fest".

At this point, I honestly don't believe CMJA was EVER TA's girlfriend, she just inserted herself into his life and wrote a complete fantasy about it in her "books".:gaah:

Shouldn't Juan ask the judge to strike #7 and #8 from the list? Neither Dr G nor Dr F claimed to have made a diagnosis. I don't believe ALV could have made a diagnosis either, unless she is licensed in AZ which I strongly doubt. I don't think she is licensed to dignose in CA either. Don't know about RS.

Heh heh. The first line of that section says that JA claims life is the appropriate penalty. So if she gets life, then all appeals should be rejected since she agreed she deserves a life sentence, right? :crazy:

Heh heh. The first line of that section says that JA claims life is the appropriate penalty. So if she gets life, then all appeals should be rejected since she agreed she deserves a life sentence, right? :crazy:

That is my understanding IIRC. I know here in Texas if you can bond out you don't get a public defender, and there is no appeals unless it's a death sentence.

I have run all day just to finally get to set down and remember there was no trial until the new years. I could of shopped more slowly.

Jan 15, 08- Jodi writes Travis a check for $699
Jan 11, 08-Jodi writes Travis a check for $100
Jan 18, 08- Jodi text to Travis "My pussy is SO WET"
Jan 18, 08- EX 489- Jodi's text to Travis talking about BJ's and face ****
Jan 20, 08- is the night of the tootsie pops and pop rock sex
Jan 21-22 EX 461 & 462-Text messages where Jodi wants to borrow Travis' car

snip

Jan 22, 08- Jodi text Travis wanting to know if he put a deposit in her account.

This is what I think. Jodi owed Travis a LOT of money. He wanted her to start paying. So she writes him two checks....and then ups her sex games.

When all her checks BOUNCE.....Travis has to rescue her again, and makes a deposit in HER bank account to cover the checks. He feels pretty guilty about all the sex with Jodi while really wanting to marry Lisa, so he goes along with whatever Jodi wants. At least to keep her mouth shut.

Over the next couple of months it goes from bad to worse, and she calls mother for money and promises to move back. She spends the money, Travis quits giving her more, and she is forced to move to grandparents. All the while, Travis has met someone new {since jodi ruined the relationship with lisa], Mimi, Jodi is pi88ed she is not going to Cancun so she plays more games....with stolen passwords, etc.

Alyce is not a doctor. She a marriage and family counselor.

Anger Management, Domestic Violence Counseling for Survivors and Perpetrators,
Gender Issues, and Expert Witness

All she could give is her opinion that Travis was the aggressor and abuser from cherry picked text and eamils. Oh and what Jodi told her.

Alyce said Jodi told her she got the knife from the nightstand by the bed, and the gun went off in the closet. The next day on the stand she said she "mis spoke" about where Jodi got the knife, and the gun going off.

And that "why yes her finger is bent if she holds it a certain way" I will not forget that little piece of manipulation that Jodi did on her.

Imp it would be easier to remember what she has been truthful about than her lies.

Let's see

1. Her name
2. Her age
3. Where she was living when she slaughtered Travis

Hmm that's about it all I can think of

Is it any worse than JA continuing to sleep with Travis after finding out he was a pedophile?

Yes I'm kidding!

But she was hoping "normal" sex with a grown woman (her) would take his mind off doing little boys. She's such a saint isn't she?

okay - I want to thank TxJan1971 for the transcripts!! WOW! just started reading them and this one below Post #7 is strange! LOL!

07:20
JA: for anti-theft wheel locks so… I had to get a hotel room, I had to get my car towed, it was a big nightmare ummm and I was kinda’ hungry, it was dinnertime, it was 7:38 and it was dark cos it was January ummm…and the tow truck guy said you know there’s a Denny’s two blocks down here, and there’s a Jack in the Box there and he was driving me to the motel I said is there an IHop around, cos I really like IHop he’s like yeah but it’s like 5 miles back in the other direction. I was like uhhhh… okay. He says I can drive you there if you want. And I was like... he’s like this short Mexican guy and he seemed really harmless and I was like… ahhh okay and he, you know, I asked him about his life and he had a wife and kids and… so he wasn’t flirting… or he had girlfriend or something…

now... would you all remember the EXACT time you were hungry a year and half later??!!

I always thought that too. I think she did want pictures of her actually killing him. There is just too many photos near the point of attack. She is truly evil sick murderer.

If I remember correctly most of these photos had been deleted on the camera and LE was able to recover most of the deleted ones from the camera. Perhaps not all the ones she took were able to be recovered by LE. My guess is she actually took even more photos during her actual attack and when it was all over and she started to clean up the place then she decided to go ahead and delete them because she began to get afraid of getting caught with evidence.

There was that 1 photo down the hall where we see her boot and I always wondered if there were more before that as she was dragging him. I think she dropped the camera right at that point and it took a picture of her boot when she dropped it. Some people think it was already on floor and she kicked it by accident that made the camera go off.

Anyway, just so glad LE was able to recover them because the boot one helped prove she was present during the murder. Her pant leg had the same type of pants she was known to have.

Why take photos and then delete them? She could have taken the camera. My guess is that she had a memory stick; she's that diabolical. This fits with her meticulous planning.

okay - I want to thank TxJan1971 for the transcripts!! WOW! just started reading them and this one below Post #7 is strange! LOL!

now... would you all remember the EXACT time you were hungry a year and half later??!!

Not to give her any credit, but she could have said/ meant 7:30 - 8:00,

Why take photos and then delete them? She could have taken the camera. My guess is that she had a memory stick; she's that diabolical. This fits with her meticulous planning.

She has a thing with laundry? She had her computer in the laundry basket at her grandmothers and .. the camera and stick were found in the laundry at Travis's house ?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

TxJan1971, your transcripts are a labor of patience & love. A convenient, permanent reference for us. Thank you for your generosity. I'm grateful as are we all.

The BMW info is from BK site. It's really too bad that the Hughes won't be testifying. There's so much they could clear up and add.

I really think that Nurmi knew how damaging they could be, but also knew how judgemental they could be, and deliberately neutralized them before trial one.

According to the Hughes, he deliberately misled them at best, lied to them at worst, by saying the DT had proof TA was a pedophile. Nurmi was referring to the forged pedo letters.

The problem is, Sky believed him and said so in writing. JM can't call either one of them as a result. Its too damning that one of his closest friends believed him capable of such a vile thing. For whatever reason they used to explain thensekves after the fact.

Another CMJA revenge completed, to use his best friends against him after his death.

I am so thankful I never had such good meddling "friends" as those two.

But she was hoping "normal" sex with a grown woman (her) would take his mind off doing little boys. She's such a saint isn't she?

Continuing anal sex with a man that you think has designs on young boys would really seem creepy don't you think? Nothing "normal" about that thought process IMO.

MOO

The photos (the ones in bed and the shower) were nothing but part of the plan. She and Travis talked and texted about taking just such pics in bed. She did that to put him at ease. She shows up...has a check for the car payment....says she sorry they fought and....hey, I just got waxed and let's break in your new camera!
The shower pics were her ruse to get him in a vulnerable position, wet, naked and trapped on three sides. She didn't want to keep them, she didn't care how artsy they were...all she was doing was getting him set up where she could attack. IMO she planned on him dying in the shower...the blood going neatly down the drain. His fighting so hard ruined it. Way too much blood to ever clean up.

I always thought that too. I think she did want pictures of her actually killing him. There is just too many photos near the point of attack. She is truly evil sick murderer.

If I remember correctly most of these photos had been deleted on the camera and LE was able to recover most of the deleted ones from the camera. Perhaps not all the ones she took were able to be recovered by LE. My guess is she actually took even more photos during her actual attack and when it was all over and she started to clean up the place then she decided to go ahead and delete them because she began to get afraid of getting caught with evidence.

There was that 1 photo down the hall where we see her boot and I always wondered if there were more before that as she was dragging him. I think she dropped the camera right at that point and it took a picture of her boot when she dropped it. Some people think it was already on floor and she kicked it by accident that made the camera go off.

Anyway, just so glad LE was able to recover them because the boot one helped prove she was present during the murder. Her pant leg had the same type of pants she was known to have.

That's what I think too.

What exactly is the basis for #3? Tearless crying on the stand, but not while sitting at the defense table?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop