Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 12/19-1/5 Break

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes AZ's opinion would be nice to have on this. My suspicion rests on the fact that the journals are her intellectual property and so could possibly be grounds to claim part of any money generated by using them outside of the court process. I would love to be assured otherwise!

I think it would fall within the fair use exception to the copyright laws if it's evidence that was seized by law enforcement. I'm pretty sure no one paid the Unabomber to print his "manifesto." :)

I think it would fall within the fair use exception to the copyright laws if it's evidence that was seized by law enforcement. I'm pretty sure no one paid the Unabomber to print his "manifesto." :)

Thanks, I guess I better check and see if my pp is still operable...

I'd just like to say a few things about JA's journals. I wish that she had not murdered Travis and cut short his life and in many ways her own as well. But I'm just not able to feel sorry for her--for her financial troubles. The truth is that there are millions in the world who are dying of poverty, have no protection from the elements, no clean water etc. And so many Americans struggle to make ends meet, pay the bills and look after their children. They just work hard and do the best they can. Arias was okay---she had food to eat, a job, shelter (even if she did have to sleep on the floor at times) and if all else failed she did have her family to depend on.

It's easy to read her journals and feel sorry for her. However, she did not write about hitting her brother with a baseball bat, lashing out at her parents, kicking Doggy Boy, stalking some of her boyfriends, luring men with sex (she couldn't care one bit about 'degrading' herself, it was a manipulation tactic ), pretending to be a friend of Travis' when she actually just used him for sex, money, status etc. She stalked, manipulated and threatened Travis to the point where he was extremely afraid. And the manner in which she murdered him was beyond barbaric. I guess my point is that she was never a normal, young woman who snapped under the pressures of adulthood. I think she's been struggling with psychopathic tendencies since she was a child.

I'd just like to say a few things about JA's journals. I wish that she had not murdered Travis and cut short his life and in many ways her own as well. But I'm just not able to feel sorry for her--for her financial troubles. The truth is that there are millions in the world who are dying of poverty, have no protection from the elements, no clean water etc. And so many Americans struggle to make ends meet, pay the bills and look after their children. They just work hard and do the best they can. Arias was okay---she had food to eat, a job, shelter (even if she did have to sleep on the floor at times) and if all else failed she did have her family to depend on.

It's easy to read her journals and feel sorry for her. However, she did not write about hitting her brother with a baseball bat, lashing out at her parents, kicking Doggy Boy, stalking some of her boyfriends, luring men with sex (she couldn't care one bit about 'degrading' herself, it was a manipulation tactic ), pretending to be a friend of Travis' when she actually just used him for sex, money, status etc. She stalked, manipulated and threatened Travis to the point where he was extremely afraid. And the manner in which she murdered him was beyond barbaric. I guess my point is that she was never a normal, young woman who snapped under the pressures of adulthood. I think she's been struggling with psychopathic tendencies since she was a child.

I too, will never feel sorry for her. I don't have access to her journals, I will wait until they are all free and available online as I refuse to get PayPal. But from what I've read as far as others thoughts/opinions, I don't care how hard she fell into the PPL scam, how destitute she was, extc, she had moved back home and was living for FREE. She made a choice to kill him. Nothing I read will change what I think of the lying sack of ....

2-Someone brought up that a memory stick could have been used by JA to download the photos to a memory stick and then delete the photos from the camera. Great point. Which makes me wonder if there still exists the memory stick somewhere. JA seems to be the type to take "souvenir" like that so it would not surprise me if she still has possession of it somewhere.

I don't know what to think about the stun gun angle, although it could explain how he ended up sitting on the shower floor. I agree about a memory stick, though. I keep wondering if she maybe hid it somewhere along the way (as opposed to destroying or otherwise disposing of it) so that she could later dig it up and look at the the souvenirs of her handiwork, had she gotten away with it. Given her penchant for memorializing every moment of her oh-so-fascinating life, the opportunity to document and revisit her exciting crowning achievement (so far) would be pretty hard for her to resist.

I know she butchered a man, I also know there is no excuse for it. I am not saying anyone wants to get in her head, BUT, evidently some of us took the time to read her ramblings, so all is not lost I guess.

Please, I wasn't being difficult. ME, the person, has heard more than I can tolerate from Arias. Of course, if you can read her journals and find insight do so. I've gotten to the point inside myself that I don't/can't hear anymore.The defense and Arias has stooped so low that I can't look or listen to anything they present. My heart aches for Travis and his family and I just want IT to stop. Arias planned and killed Travis. Travis suffered horribly...:( To me the trial is done. I pray for justice for Travis and his family.

I know she butchered a man, I also know there is no excuse for it. I am not saying anyone wants to get in her head, BUT, evidently some of us took the time to read her ramblings, so all is not lost I guess.

Please, I wasn't being difficult. ME, the person, has heard more than I can tolerate from Arias. Of course, if you can read her journals and find insight do so. I've gotten to the point inside myself that I don't/can't hear anymore.The defense and Arias has stooped so low that I can't look or listen to anything they present. My heart aches for Travis and his family and I just want IT to stop. Arias planned and killed Travis. Travis suffered horribly...:( To me the trial is done. I pray for justice for Travis and his family.

i'd just like to say a few things about ja's journals. I wish that she had not murdered travis and cut short his life and in many ways her own as well. But i'm just not able to feel sorry for her--for her financial troubles. The truth is that there are millions in the world who are dying of poverty, have no protection from the elements, no clean water etc. And so many americans struggle to make ends meet, pay the bills and look after their children. They just work hard and do the best they can. Arias was okay---she had food to eat, a job, shelter (even if she did have to sleep on the floor at times) and if all else failed she did have her family to depend on.

It's easy to read her journals and feel sorry for her. However, she did not write about hitting her brother with a baseball bat, lashing out at her parents, kicking doggy boy, stalking some of her boyfriends, luring men with sex (she couldn't care one bit about 'degrading' herself, it was a manipulation tactic ), pretending to be a friend of travis' when she actually just used him for sex, money, status etc. She stalked, manipulated and threatened travis to the point where he was extremely afraid. And the manner in which she murdered him was beyond barbaric. I guess my point is that she was never a normal, young woman who snapped under the pressures of adulthood. I think she's been struggling with psychopathic tendencies since she was a child.

yes!!!!!!!

To be honest, I don't WANT to get into her head. Arias killed a man and there is no excuse.

Some days I want to read her ramblings and make sense of the senseless but other days just looking at her exhausts me. This trial with all its delays and drama exasperates me. :gaah: The verdict cannot come soon enough.

Re this part:

"I just don`t think we are quite right for each other. I'm a little too sensitive. Although I prefer to think of it as Christ-like."

Did she just compare herself to Jesus here?
My goodness. How arrogant can someone be.

I thought it was hilarious! And all that talk about how she soothed him with her great compassion? Oh PUH-leeze! And the bit about going into the bank because he couldn't face going in? Have they ever heard of ATMs, which accept deposits? What a priceless, selfless GEM she is/was; GEM being an acronym for Grotesque Egotistical Murderer.

When my email was high jacked I learned that the hacker had sent out that very email to all of my contacts using my email address. I had to contact everyone and tell them it wasn't me. Rather embarrassing and very aggravating. Thankfully no one fell for it.

It's pretty annoying, all right. I have a domain that someone used as a return address (they did not access my account, but used my domain name and mishmashes of names of family members gleaned from my website to send spam. I received THOUSANDS of bounce messages, not to mention some angry ones. That was a few years ago, but every now and then it starts up again.

More recently, my son's and my sister's yahoo account address books have been hijacked and I get spam from both those return addresses (on several of my own email addresses, which tells me right there that it's spam). The subject is usually From Firstname LastInitial Period. Neither of them would send a message with that kind of subject, either. I never open them. That's been going on off and on over much of 2014. Earlier I had received email from both of them with text (I was suckered into opening them at first) that used phrases like "My Dear". From my SISTER? From my OWN SON? I don't THINK so. Spammers are SCUM. Jodi would fit right in with them.

Her writings are exaggerated also: 1. not hard but "very" hard 2. took "all" my money but than spend 40 dollars on tickets 3. not just fees, but "ton" of fees 4. the one non exaggeration: he screamed at her for overdrawing her account again and and wants to put a gun to his head, he probably did not say pull the trigger ( poor guy had probably been in the bank most of the day trying to figure out her bank account 5. not compassion but "great" compassion 6. not despairing but "really" despairing 7. "just" marry Travis not marry 8. there is more, and as CMJA would say tons more exaggerated words not just in this one entry but throughout her journal

I can believe he got extremely frustrated with her and said something like "shoot me now", as frustrated people sometimes do ... as a figure of speech. That's not particularly impressive for her journal, though, so instead of taking on the responsibility of driving him crazy with her BS, she cherry-picks it out of the conversation, turns it back on him, and writes that he wants to get a gun and shoot himself in the head because of HIS financial problems, as if she has nothing to do with it, and HE is such a drama queen. She embellishes everything until it no longer bears any relation to what was originally said, the way it was said, or what ACTUALLY happened.

I can believe he got extremely frustrated with her and said something like "shoot me now", as frustrated people sometimes do ... as a figure of speech. That's not particularly impressive for her journal, though, so instead of taking on the responsibility of driving him crazy with her BS, she cherry-picks it out of the conversation, turns it back on him, and writes that he wants to get a gun and shoot himself in the head because of HIS financial problems, as if she has nothing to do with it, and HE is such a drama queen. She embellishes everything until it no longer bears any relation to what was originally said, the way it was said, or what ACTUALLY happened.

BBM

And she messed up by writing that because according to her new testimony, HE ALREADY HAD A GUN, up on the wobbly shelf. lol

The only interest to me is the person who laments that people kill spiders on September 12 (they are of God!) slits a human beings throat on June 4!

I think it's helpful for LE and forensic psychologists when they have journals from killers to study for insight..not for sympathy

:seeya: Good Morning, Y'all !

:please::please: Hoping this re-trial ends some time in 2015 !

:please::please: Justice for Travis and his Family !

:toast:

HAPPY NEW YEAR !

:newyear::party::newyear::party::newyear:

:fireworks::fireworks::fireworks::fireworks::fireworks::fireworks:

I hope that Travis' loved ones can begin to heal in 2015. They've been forced to watch the 'Jodi Arias show' for several years now and that is 'cruel punishment'. They deserve to move on with their lives and to be happy. Travis would want that above all else. The very worst thing for Arias--besides being given a sentence of LWOP or death--would be for her to know that Travis' loved ones are happy and doing very well. No need for lethal injection as knowing that everyone else is happy and FREE while she has to sit in a prison cell for the rest of her life will slowly kill her.

:seeya: Just dropping by to wish you all a Happy New Year and a wonderful 2015. I hope you all enjoyed your Christmas holiday. If Santa was able to enter Arias' cell, there being no chimney and all, I guarantee her stocking was filled with coal.

Roll on January 5th, and please let this be the beginning of the end!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem