Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 2/20 thru 2/23 - Break

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This may be perceived as "off topic" but just curious if anyone has an opinion on The Hughes and their writing a book to be released soon after the end of the "retrial"?? I heard Chris Hughes last night on Tricia's True Crime and he said that clearly not all of Travis' family members were happy with the book. I know he has a right to publish this but without full family support not so sure I see it as appropriate . Chris also mentioned that he and his family (kids) are living in the Scottsdale area during this entire trial. why? I understand they were friends but this seems like too much and frankly unfair to his kids. The Hughes seem to always be available to media and may I ask ///all books make money...who is getting the profits from this book? I know they are highly regarded by many but frankly I can't help but think they are now exploiting the death of Travis.

Their idea not to release the book until AFTER the sentencing is a correct one. If it were up to me I would have had them not make any public mention of it until then, too. Nevertheless, I am sure their hearts are true and they are NOT exploiting Travis.
Chris and Sky loved Travis like a brother. It was a huge expense to write this book. They published it on their own dime. If, as and when ANY profit is made beyond recouping their expense, they have said they will donate it to charities Travis supported. This trial will begin and end. Travis' truth will now be known and read about. Forever. It matters! He inspires people, even after his death through the sharing of stories of how he helped others. It is a story that deserves to be told. Perpetually.

Their children are fine. Of course.

They rented a home to be there for the family, now as in the last trial, rather than trying to fly back and forth and back and forth. Travis was Chris' best friend, he wants to see this trial through to the end.

Some of Travis' siblings have a fear that this would be used against the State during this phase of the trial, I am guessing. Unfortunately, that did happen, but not to a degree that will change the jury's opinion.

The book is a compilation of many, many stories from folks that knew, trusted and loved Travis Alexander. I believe once it is complete and the family members who were concerned will be ever thankful for this testament to the GOOD GOOD works Travis did in so many people's lives. All one has to do is look at the Hughes when they are in the courtroom, they are VERY MUCH WITH THE FAMILY. The love and respect between them is overt.

http://www.travisalexanderjustice.com/friends

Respectfully, please rest assured their hearts are TRUE. They wrote this book as they did NOT want their beloved friend's memory to be tarnished forever by Jodi Arias' lies.

The book is named "Our Friend Travis" . Please have calm in your heart it was written in loving LOVING memory of their friend. Travis' photo hangs in their living room, right along side of their family pictures as that is how they loved him then, and now. Here is Chris Hughes from his longer three hour interview with Tricia

Chris Hughes was asked by the host, What would Travis say to this group of people?

Chris Hughes "Travis would preach a sermon,
You are a divine child of God
Greatness is in you
Your past does not have to equal your future

What Travis wanted to do
(Chris is crying)
He wanted to share God, JESUS, and personal development

If you are happy, awesome!
If you are not, you do not have to live like that anymore
you can tear up the pieces of the paper of your life tear it up into little pieces and write it all over again

be better today than you were yesterday

Travis would tell you, my life was a MESS, and I pulled myself up.... with the help of God.
Tricia, for your listeners, there may be somebody like Travis, or like me, we did not have anything, not even the money to go to college, but you know what he
lifted himself up
You can live any life of your choosing, it is your choice and ONLY YOUR CHOICE

If Travis were here he would lift you all up in Christ right now
That was Travis
Travis was good as Gold.

We all have an obligation to forgive, I am going to ask everybody that is listening to not allow Jodi to have any power in your life.
Regardless of the verdict, if we do not forgive she will have power in our life. I refuse to give that to her. We have to forgive.
I am unsure if I have the scripture quote perfectly, but it says
I the Lord I will forgive, it is given to you to forgive ALL people.
I will forgive and I will be liberated, completely, from this tragedy in my life. We cannot hold the grudge and keep the darkness in our life, that does not hurt the other person,it only hurts us. Allow the light of forgiveness to penetrate your heart."

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websle...as-true-crime-radio-sunday-night-8-pm-eastern

check out the book for yourselves www.ourfriendtravis.com

Attachments

• OurFriendTravis cover Julia.jpg
    OurFriendTravis cover Julia.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 324
I am happy to hear this re: Hughes book. Yet I stand by my opine that I would rather they did wait until this was over. That's just me. I do appreciate the info. I think it's important we know the real Travis. Speaking to over and above all the good we do know. He deserves that and the folks who loved him.

Good summary Hope.

I would like to clarify something though--JSS's comment about JA being safe as she is in jail was specific to JA adding (after realizing that the Judge wasn't totally convinced with her jail mail threats) that she had heard that one of TA's friends said he/she would like to shoot her between the eyes.

... and did they offer proof? That is what is used in arguments, in a court of law, is it not? God help us.

She has also pulled this "I'm receiving death threats by mail" before, way back when the ninjas were still in the picture and she said they mailed her and told her not to talk or her family would be killed. (It didn't occur to her that she was on national television doing just that). She told quite a riveting story of the inmates sharing the mail they'd received and when they came to her she quickly hid it and said, "nothing."

I tell ya, girl has quite a small bag of tricks.

Those ninjas didn't follow Ninja 101 "when someone else is being prosecuted for your crime, let it happen, don't do anything to risk being detected by authorities".

She says and does all of these things in an attempt to manipulate, sometimes successfully, sometimes unsuccessfully, her attorneys, the court system, the media, and you can almost feel KN and JW's frustration in that sealed court transcript, and yet their defense is that the victim, Mr. Alexander, should never have expressed the same frustration, exasperation or upset. He was supposed to be this super PhD psychologist who at every turn handled her chaos and manipulation in the best possible fashion; to reach a bar that they, IMHO, have never come close to hitting.

Chris and Sky loved Travis like a brother. It was a huge expense to write this book. They published it on their own dime. If, as and when ANY profit is made beyond recouping their expense, they have said they will donate it to charities Travis supported.

They rented a home to be there for the family, now as in the last trial, rather than trying to fly back and forth and back and forth. Travis was Chris' best friend, he wants to see this trial through to the end.

Some of Travis' siblings have a fear that this would be used against the State during this phase of the trial, I am guessing. Unfortunately, that did happen, but not to a degree that will change the jury's opinion.

The book is a compilation of many, many stories from folks that knew, trusted and loved Travis Alexander. I believe once it is complete and the family members who were concerned will be ever thankful for this testament to the GOOD GOOD works Travis did in so many people's lives. All one has to do is look at the Hughes when they are in the courtroom, they are VERY MUCH WITH THE FAMILY. The love and respect between them is overt.

Respectfully, please rest assured their hearts are TRUE. They wrote this book as they did NOT want their beloved friend's memory to be tarnished forever by Jodi Arias' lies.

The book is named "Our Friend Travis" . Please have calm in your heart it was written in loving LOVING memory of their friend. Travis' photo hangs in their living room, right along side of their family pictures as that is how they loved him then, and now. Here is Chris Hughes from his longer three hour interview with Tricia

Chris Hughes was asked by the host, What would Travis say to this group of people?

Greatness is in you

What Travis wanted to do
(Chris is crying)

you can tear up the pieces of the paper of your life tear it up into little pieces and write it all over again

Travis would tell you, my life was a MESS, and I pulled myself up.... with the help of God.
Tricia, for your listeners, there may be somebody like Travis, or like me, we did not have anything, not even the money to go to college, but you know what he
lifted himself up

That was Travis
Travis was good as Gold.

We all have an obligation to forgive, I am going to ask everybody that is listening to not allow Jodi to have any power in your life.
Regardless of the verdict, if we do not forgive she will have power in our life. I refuse to give that to her. We have to forgive.
I will forgive and I will be liberated, completely, from this tragedy in my life. We cannot hold the grudge and keep the darkness in our life, that does not hurt the other person,it only hurts us. Allow the light of forgiveness to penetrate your heart."

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websle...as-true-crime-radio-sunday-night-8-pm-eastern

God bless you for this post. I wanted to write a book about my situation, but I didn't want people to assume they knew me through my writings. I wanted to be know as Alan's sister, who had a lot of heart to give, and to give it freely. I still may, but I doubt it.

God bless you for this post. I wanted to write a book about my situation, but I didn't want people to assume they knew me through my writings. I wanted to be know as Alan's sister, who had a lot of heart to give, and to give it freely. I still may, but I doubt it.

Write it!!!! My Gram used to teach us "If you don't speak up, not even God will hear you!!"

It turns out, Gram was right about just about everything. xoxo

I don't mean to offend, but I hope the Hughes book isn't mainly about "preaching a sermon".

Me too. She uses anything and anybody to try and get her way, it seems she threw that in to manipulate the process to her advantage. It was so very obvious and transparent what she was doing when she started to back-pedal, changing her tune after JM made it clear that the Alexander family had no concerns whatsoever.

It's even more twisted than that, IMO. Here are her attys arguing that the court be sealed because open court brings lots of scary hateful mail, the very thought of which makes her too nervous to testify.

Enter JA, who promptly undercuts her attys and the cause with her claim that actually her mail is mostly supportive.

She admits that "some" of her mail is hateful, but can't even let that stand without making that rideculous implicit comparison between how much she's hated and how many folks hate Travis enough to threaten the Alexanders by mail.

Chris and Sky loved Travis like a brother. It was a huge expense to write this book. They published it on their own dime. If, as and when ANY profit is made beyond recouping their expense, they have said they will donate it to charities Travis supported. This trial will begin and end. Travis' truth will now be known and read about. Forever. It matters! He inspires people, even after his death through the sharing of stories of how he helped others. It is a story that deserves to be told. Perpetually.

Greatness is in you

What Travis wanted to do
(Chris is crying)

lifted himself up

That was Travis
Travis was good as Gold.

Thank you.

I still hold the same opinion on the Hughes' and that the book was just them being anxious to get their side of the story out and tell the truth of Travis. I can understand the family not wanting this book at this point in time, precisely for the reason that the defense would use it against them, which they did, and that's frustrating because the Hughes' could have been so helpful on the stand if they weren't so "tainted" and helped explain that hurtful email. Now juan is left with very little in fighting the email, even though he knows the truth behind it. I can understand that and I can see why some feel it would have been better to wait to announce the book until after this was all done. But it's overboard to say they are vultures who just want to exploit Travis. I truly don't believe that.

It's even more twisted than that, IMO. Here are her attys arguing that the court be sealed because open court brings lots of scary hateful mail, the very thought of which makes her too nervous to testify.

Enter JA, who promptly undercuts her attys and the cause with her claim that actually her mail is mostly supportive.

She admits that "some" of her mail is hateful, but can't even let that stand without making that rideculous implicit comparison between how much she's hated and how many folks hate Travis enough to threaten the Alexanders by mail.

My daughter, who was in high school when the trial started but is now halfway through completing her college degree, always sings "girl can't help it...." whenever JA does that.

All 32 pages of the transcript unsealed? That's what I am reading.

... and did they offer proof? That is what is used in arguments, in a court of law, is it not? God help us.

Frigga, there was ZERO proof provided. I don't know what the "rules" are regarding allowing all this garbage the DT puts out there in as fact, but it seems to me there is a disconnect on this issue all the way around.

For instance, yesterday during his testimony Geffner, in reponse to first hand info provided by the Hughes about how JA would steathily stand outside of the bathroom door while TA was in there and then run away just before he came out, just randomly threw out there that perhaps TA had summoned JA for oral sex and that is why she standing outside the door. I do not understand how this speculation was allowed to stand.

All 32 pages of the transcript unsealed? That's what I am reading.

Yes but you gotta pay for Beth Karas' site if you want to read it, for now. I'm sure someone else will have it for free later on in the day but I'm anxious to read it!

Go to the Juan Martinez Prosecutor Support Page. ;)

He said that JSS issued rulings on 17 motions, denying them all
He gives details of the defense motions that were all denied yesterday

Maybe JSS's one-on-one with each juror last week caused her to get a move on or risk a mistrial through loss of jurors ... for which she'd rightly be blamed imo.

I am happy to hear this re: Hughes book. Yet I stand by my opine that I would rather they did wait until this was over. That's just me. I do appreciate the info. I think it's important we know the real Travis. Speaking to over and above all the good we do know. He deserves that and the folks who loved him.

Part of the dilemma as I see it, either they had to start collecting info, stories from friends/family, pictures, documentation from websites etc that have now expired, etc. as early as possible while the information is still fresh and viable, or they wait until the trial is over (which is now running into the 7th year!!) and hope like heck that they can still find all those data points to put together a cohesive book worthy of TA's memory. The unfortunate part is that opting to preserve the memories while they could access them easily(just look at how hard it is to even google info from the first trial, let alone from 2008) they have compromised their ability to testify in a really meaningful way, something I would hope never once crossed their minds when they first started down this path.

I may not ever buy their book, I don't buy books from tragedies as a rule, just something I've never been comfortable with, but I do hope that it is successful enough to support the charities that TA cared about. For anyone like me that would prefer to make direct contributions to said charities, we do have that option as well.

I sincerely hope that one day soon, all of his family and friends are able to move on and use their memories of TA to only enrich their lives and how they live them.(Yes, I'm truly hoping this especially for all TA's siblings and even though Steven is the first one that comes to mind because of how hard this has hit him, they all hold a place in my heart right beside all the wonderful things I've come to appreciate in my life more fully, through getting to know their brother during the past few years.):peace::heartbeat::hug:

The book is a compilation of many, many stories from folks that knew, trusted and loved Travis Alexander. I believe once it is complete and the family members who were concerned will be ever thankful for this testament to the GOOD GOOD works Travis did in so many people's lives. ....

Respectfully, please rest assured their hearts are TRUE. They wrote this book as they did NOT want their beloved friend's memory to be tarnished forever by Jodi Arias' lies. ]

Zoey, the key word here is that you are "guessing" why some family members seem to have objected to the Hughes' book. If an earlier poster accurately related what happened on Tricia's show, Chris Hughes refused to name dissenting family members. If they were all on board, the question would have been easy to answer.

I've defended the Hughes many times for many things here. I don't believe that they are greedy. I do think Travis loved them, which is good enough for me.

But....the Hughes don't "own"Travis. His story is NOT theirs, and not theirs to tell without the full permission of T's family, IMO.

ETA. The grossest injustice that has been done throughout both trials, IMO, is that the Alexanders have had to sit in silence as others defined Travis. I have no doubt that the Hughes genuinely believe they are doing a good thing by presenting the "real" Travis to counterbalance what's been said. If the Alexanders aren't fully supportive because of timing, I wish the Hughes had honored that concern and not spoken of the book until the trial was over.

If timing is not the issue, I'd like to know why the Alexanders aren't fully supportive. They've more than earned the right, as far as I'm concerned, to define Travis as they see him, if they so choose, or to give their blessings to someone else who wants to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela