DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael K. Jeanes, Clerk of Court
*** Electronically Filed ***
02/20/2015 8:00 AM

MINUTE ENTRY

The Court having previously unsealed the hearing on 10/31/15 but did not include the
hearing on 10/30/15
in that minute entry order,
IT IS ORDERED unsealing the proceedings held on 10/30/15 to include the transcript
and minute entry dated 10/30/15 and docketed on 11/4/14.

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/022015/m6705723.pdf

Does that indicate that JSS "slept on" her JA secret testimony decision, giving her the opportunity to seek advice and investigate precedents, and still made made such an egregious error in judgement?

Will re-read and add little tidbits I've forgotten....

Nurmi said that her ability to discuss mitigators 3,5,6, and 9 would be most affected if forced to speak in open court.

TIA if anyone knows which are JA's mitigators 3, 5, 6, and 9?

Are the chamber minutes allowing JA to testify in secret available anywhere else but BK's site? I am searching but no luck.

I bet other sites will have them soon. I think BK had to pay for them, but the transcript is only 34 pages long.

And speaking of 34 pages.....I've read and reread the written word in the transcript and tried to report/summarize here. Which brought home again how much we're missing in trial by tweet, where tweeters don't have the luxury of reviewing or thinking about what they're simultaneously trying to hear and report.

I too was shocked and offended, but on quick reflection I recognised that ICit is a compassionate and intelligent poster here, so I decided not to comment. This frustrating trial makes it so easy to get carried away in our wording, and I know I have done it myself.

As have I, many many times. Just ask the m-ds. :D

First...EDIT...JSS ruled that JA's family WOULD be allowed to stay after court was sealed! Leaving was their own choice.

ETA

Wilmott told JSS most of JA's mail was hateful, "some" supportive, JA enters and tells JSS most is supportive and only some hateful.

--JA told JSS that one of Travis' friends said he wanted to shoot her between the eyes.

As we thought, MDLR scoured online for JA......

ETA...Nurmi said that her ability to discuss mitigators 3,5,6, and 9 would be most affected if forced to speak in open court.

ETA. JM must often feel like he's the only adult in the room during these chamber mtgs. He tried to tell JSS that JA being nervous wasn't enough a reason to seal the court, and that he was concerned if she went forward her decision would be reversed on appeal.

Last observation...the DT and their client worked JSS like they were a con team. Nurmi makes motion to seal, JSS hesitates, Nurmi says, but you already TOLD us you would, JSS says..that was just about cameras, isn't this different? Nurmi and JW tag team her with the nervous scary angle, changing the story as they go along, JSS says to DT...OK, you're right on the merits so I will send folks to the overflow room, and JW says....that isn't good enough, as my client will explain to you, enter JA who says not only does she demand the court sealed she demands her testimony sealed FOREVER!! Or she won't talk at all!! Take that!!

And that's when JSS says...OK, well if you put it THAT way.

Moving goalposts. A con. They've had JSS's number all along.

BBM - So... these are the mitigating factors KN had given, plus "mental illness" I'm guessing since he is now talking about a #9, though who knows where they put that on their list:

- was a good friend
- lacked support from family
- suffered abuse & neglect as a child
- tried to make the best of her life
- tried to improve herself
- is a talented artist
- mental illness

Are the ones I bolded sound about right for the ones KN claimed to be most affected by JA not being able to testify in a star chamber, never to be released?

So what was she going to do, change her story again and say that due to being abused as a child(age unknown but word is she claimed to starting having trouble with depression about age 16/17) by a friend and because she didn't want to tattle on them but instead tried to make the best of her life and deal with the trauma all by her lonesome self(because she couldn't talk to her abusive and neglectful parents), she sunk deeper and deeper into depression and it has become a vicious cycle that culminated in her murdering TA due to all the years of internalized anger?

I don't see how saying any of that in open court would be any worse than accusing the man you claimed to love for all eternity was a pedophile just to try and get away with murdering him in a fit of entitled justification because you let him believe you were okay with being nothing more than his bootie call..

In fact, if that's going to be her new story, then it means she would now have us believe that she thinks it's okay to protect someone that in her eyes abused her when she was a child, by sealing for all eternity their name/actions, all because she's just that good of a friend.:facepalm:

Edit: This list may be incorrect... this link has the ones at issue as:

#3 Ms.Arias is remorseful for her conduct.
#5. Ms.Arias suffered both physical and emotional abuse during her relationship with Mr.Alexander.
#6.The abusive nature of the relationship caused Ms. Arias severe emotional stress at the time of the incident.
#9.Ms.Arias' psychological makeup impaired her to cope with the tumultuous relationship she had with Mr.Alexander.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-2-20-thru-2-23-Break&p=11505978#post11505978

I truly believe JSS has PTSD from this case. The difference in pics of her two yrs. ago and now are stark. Her face now looks "ravaged". She seems to be barely holding it together on the podium ... going through the rote moves of a judge while remaining somewhat detached and unengaged now ... just trying to hold on until the nightmare finally ends. imo

Regarding PTSD potential.....It's possible JSS already had PTSD in her history and this case ramps it up. The case itself might not have initiated the PTSD. A new event can resemble a traumatic experience in a tiny way and cause PTSD symptoms to flare. One extended Jodi manipulation, for example, and a PTSDer might experience severe distress, if manipulation figured into the initiating trauma.

I don't actually see JSS as ravaged as others do. This case is a lot to handle: it would run down anyone. Only once do I recall her even having a day off (after she was seen sniffling and snurfling on the bench), and she's managing other cases as well. Plus, she must surely have a life away from the court?

I was just pondering a few things...

Anyone else notice in Juans response to Nurmis latest mistrial motion where IT said the defendant admitted none of the super secret AFFADAVIT witnesses planned to actually testify in person? Which means Nurmi lied to JSS and to the Court
Of Appeals when he pled his case to them. Wonder why he doesn't get punished?

This whole clapping/pretend clapping spectator. I wish they'd ban her before she does something even more stupid. We have 1 week left, why do ANYTHING to cause any trouble or drama? I find it hard to believe Travis' family, who always acts so respectful, is ok with this type of behaviour at court.

Thank you Dr Geffner for insulting Mormons. I hope Willmott and Nurmi spend their whole weekend stewing over THE WORST BLUNDER EVER.

morning :seeya:

1st BBM
Whoa, I didn't hear about this as I hadn't read the motion. Great catch, but considering we're dealing with "not a judge" Stevens nothing will come of it, and I feel that's wrong. The secrecy construct has had a big impact on this phase, and who knows how things would have played out without it? Not only the murderess's testimony, but also witless #1s as well. But Juan being Juan, rolled with it and he still managed to be very effective.

BBM 2
That was my first thought when I heard that response. If there are any Mormon jurors (I think there has to be at least 1) the DT irrevocably antagonized them, and no amount of *advertiser censored* talk or abuse is going to get them back. I think he displayed disdain for religion in general, and for the DT to not have picked up on this mindset is another epic fail on their part.

Geff seems to suffer from the same issue most liars face...more "details" don't make the lie more convincing, instead it exposes the lie(s)

BBM - So... these are the mitigating factors KN had given, plus "mental illness" I'm guessing since he is now talking about a #9, though who knows where they put that on their list:

- was a good friend
- lacked support from family
- suffered abuse & neglect as a child
- tried to make the best of her life
- tried to improve herself
- is a talented artist
- mental illness

I thought the rubric "mental illness" was more detailed, and that the specifics were DV, PTSD and Borderline, each as a separate line item?

First...EDIT...JSS ruled that JA's family WOULD be allowed to stay after court was sealed! Leaving was their own choice.

ETA

Wilmott told JSS most of JA's mail was hateful, "some" supportive, JA enters and tells JSS most is supportive and only some hateful.

--JA told JSS that one of Travis' friends said he wanted to shoot her between the eyes.

As we thought, MDLR scoured online for JA......

ETA...Nurmi said that her ability to discuss mitigators 3,5,6, and 9 would be most affected if forced to speak in open court.

ETA. JM must often feel like he's the only adult in the room during these chamber mtgs. He tried to tell JSS that JA being nervous wasn't enough a reason to seal the court, and that he was concerned if she went forward her decision would be reversed on appeal.

Last observation...the DT and their client worked JSS like they were a con team. Nurmi makes motion to seal, JSS hesitates, Nurmi says, but you already TOLD us you would, JSS says..that was just about cameras, isn't this different? Nurmi and JW tag team her with the nervous scary angle, changing the story as they go along, JSS says to DT...OK, you're right on the merits so I will send folks to the overflow room, and JW says....that isn't good enough, as my client will explain to you, enter JA who says not only does she demand the court sealed she demands her testimony sealed FOREVER!! Or she won't talk at all!! Take that!!

And that's when JSS says...OK, well if you put it THAT way.

Moving goalposts. A con. They've had JSS's number all along.

and it's not just threatening mail that she says she receives, it's threatening postcards. Wouldn't they immediately be screened out?

morning :seeya:

1st BBM
Whoa, I didn't hear about this as I hadn't read the motion. Great catch, but considering we're dealing with "not a judge" Stevens nothing will come of it, and I feel that's wrong. The secrecy construct has had a big impact on this phase, and who knows how things would have played out without it? Not only the murderess's testimony, but also witless #1s as well. But Juan being Juan, rolled with it and he still managed to be very effective.

BBM 2
That was my first thought when I heard that response. If there are any Mormon jurors (I think there has to be at least 1) the DT irrevocably antagonized them, and no amount of *advertiser censored* talk or abuse is going to get them back. I think he displayed disdain for religion in general, and for the DT to not have picked up on this mindset is another epic fail on their part.

Geff seems to suffer from the same issue most liars face...more "details" don't make the lie more convincing, instead it exposes the lie(s)

This may be perceived as "off topic" but just curious if anyone has an opinion on The Hughes and their writing a book to be released soon after the end of the "retrial"?? I heard Chris Hughes last night on Tricia's True Crime and he said that clearly not all of Travis' family members were happy with the book. I know he has a right to publish this but without full family support not so sure I see it as appropriate . Chris also mentioned that he and his family (kids) are living in the Scottsdale area during this entire trial. why? I understand they were friends but this seems like too much and frankly unfair to his kids. The Hughes seem to always be available to media and may I ask ///all books make money...who is getting the profits from this book? I know they are highly regarded by many but frankly I can't help but think they are now exploiting the death of Travis.

On the topic of Demarte and BPD and mitigators.... Because I've been wondering why JM doesn't have a second psychologist this time around.

I wonder if Juan selected Demarte—instead of, say, Hayes, or both—to address the BPD for the purpose of baiting Jodi into destroying her own mitigator. And he had Demarte stick to the letter of the original BPD diagnosis, even though it's possible that with new information gathered since the last trial, there could have been auxiliary diagnoses.

It was obvious in the last trial that Jodi despises Demarte and will do whatever possible to discredit her. So, Juan puts JD up as the spokeswoman for BPD. Jodibait, plain and simple. Good old-fashioned sting operation.

For his purposes, Juan has no need to be attached to the BPD diagnosis (in fact, he doesn't even go into it in near the detail he used in the last trial): he only has to have a strategy to knock the BPD out of mitigation. By glomming it firmly onto Demarte, he can get Jodi to knock it out for him.

And JM has lucked out: due to DT delays, Jodi has had a whole 2 years to practice up and finesse every detail for her epic battle with Demarte. I'll bet she even rehearses in her jail cell every night. Probably does it using the metal toilet bowl for reflection 'cos she's not allowed a mirror. (Tsk, tsk, reminds me of ALV's Snow White BS and the narcissistic evil queen, going "Mirror, Mirror, on the wall, who is the fairest of them all?" Answer: Jodi, Jodi, Jodi.......). Because nothing else matters except to smash Dr. D.

Predictably, Jodi goes for Juan's bait and there goes Jodi's BPD mitigator! This whole time, Demarte has been the sole proponent of the BPD diagnosis; there's no other corroboration. And if you nuke that messenger, you've nuked your mitigator. BOOM!

As if that weren't enough, Jodi trotted out Geff for another round of smashing Dr. D. And, watch this, Phonyseca is up to bat next! And guess what her job will be?

What Juan does with the BPD in closing will be very interesting....He can very simply say the DT obviously doesn't go along with the BPD diagnosis since they think the diagnostician is not credible....STUNG!

Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!

and it's not just threatening mail that she says she receives, it's threatening postcards. Wouldn't they immediately be screened out?

I believe letters and postcards that seem especially serious are investigated as well.

I believe letters and postcards that seem especially serious are investigated as well.

so let's think about this a minute...a postcard...with the writing clearly visible and intimating a threat is sent to a jail. Would that piece of threatening mail even get to her? I don't have any jail visiting experience but my expectation would be that someone screens mail. If a threat is coming in, would it be delivered to her? Second, she says that some of the people that are sending the threatening mail are the same people who come to court. If she knows that, why not identify them and let the authorities handle them?

This may be perceived as "off topic" but just curious if anyone has an opinion on The Hughes and their writing a book to be released soon after the end of the "retrial"?? I heard Chris Hughes last night on Tricia's True Crime and he said that clearly not all of Travis' family members were happy with the book. I know he has a right to publish this but without full family support not so sure I see it as appropriate . Chris also mentioned that he and his family (kids) are living in the Scottsdale area during this entire trial. why? I understand they were friends but this seems like too much and frankly unfair to his kids. The Hughes seem to always be available to media and may I ask ///all books make money...who is getting the profits from this book? I know they are highly regarded by many but frankly I can't help but think they are now exploiting the death of Travis.

I hope that the Hughes would not have written a book about Travis without asking for and receiving the blessings of every single Alexander family member.

If that's not the case, and it's true that some of the Alexanders are unhappy the book was written, there's no way I'll either buy or read their book.

The Alexanders have already suffered too much and too long having to listen to others defining who Travis was and what his life meant.

TIA if anyone knows which are JA's mitigators 3, 5, 6, and 9?
#5. Ms.Arias suffered both physical and emotional abuse during her relationship with Mr.Alexander.
#6.The abusive nature of the relationship caused Ms. Arias severe emotional stress at the time of the incident.
#9.Ms.Arias' psychological makeup impaired her to cope with the tumultuous relationship she had with Mr.Alexander.

ETA: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11484664

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Thanks button wasn't enough, Hope4More. Thank you so much for taking the time to write that out.

As to the content - what a pant load. I wish the judge asked to see these thousands and thousands and thousands of letters.

How could she be so naive and gullible??? It beggars belief. Her decision was unreasonable and illegal. This suggests to me that she may possess some personal belief/bias impinging on her ability to judge in a sensible and rational manner. This is evident also in the continuing secrecy through needless sidebars, etc.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Thank you!! Every single time there is a question about the new mitigators for re-trial I can never find them, and every single time someone posts them I tell myself I will cut and paste them somewhere and every single time I never ever do. So thank you for doing this!

ETA: I guess we can safely say she wasn't going to cop to BPD or PTSD if those things weren't her concern with testifying in public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Plumsy1