Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 2/20 thru 2/23 - Break

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand what you are saying MaLou but JSS knew when she applied the "test" that the reasons the DT presented were not sufficient enough to warrant a complete disregard of the First Amendment, hence she decided JA's concerns would be adequately addressed by sending the public to the overflow room--and JSS clearly knew this was a reasonable solution. Yet in the end, once the DT continued on, she gave in anyway.

Yup and in the chamber meeting jodi made it perfectly clear, she didn't want the public/media EVER getting her testimony or even knowing she testified. Even tried to get the judge to allow the same for her witnesses. Unreal. I love how Juan stated the decision would be overturned on appeal, he knew it.

Getting caught up and it appears that Geffner went against JM again. Is Geffner the guy who sent Jodi books while she was in jail while doing a psychological evaluation?

On the topic of Demarte and BPD and mitigators.... Because I've been wondering why JM doesn't have a second psychologist this time around.

I wonder if Juan selected Demarte—instead of, say, Hayes, or both—to address the BPD for the purpose of baiting Jodi into destroying her own mitigator. And he had Demarte stick to the letter of the original BPD diagnosis, even though it's possible that with new information gathered since the last trial, there could have been auxiliary diagnoses.

It was obvious in the last trial that Jodi despises Demarte and will do whatever possible to discredit her. So, Juan puts JD up as the spokeswoman for BPD. Jodibait, plain and simple. Good old-fashioned sting operation.

For his purposes, Juan has no need to be attached to the BPD diagnosis (in fact, he doesn't even go into it in near the detail he used in the last trial): he only has to have a strategy to knock the BPD out of mitigation. By glomming it firmly onto Demarte, he can get Jodi to knock it out for him.

And JM has lucked out: due to DT delays, Jodi has had a whole 2 years to practice up and finesse every detail for her epic battle with Demarte. I'll bet she even rehearses in her jail cell every night. Probably does it using the metal toilet bowl for reflection 'cos she's not allowed a mirror. (Tsk, tsk, reminds me of ALV's Snow White BS and the narcissistic evil queen, going "Mirror, Mirror, on the wall, who is the fairest of them all?" Answer: Jodi, Jodi, Jodi.......). Because nothing else matters except to smash Dr. D.

Predictably, Jodi goes for Juan's bait and there goes Jodi's BPD mitigator! This whole time, Demarte has been the sole proponent of the BPD diagnosis; there's no other corroboration. And if you nuke that messenger, you've nuked your mitigator. BOOM!

As if that weren't enough, Jodi trotted out Geff for another round of smashing Dr. D. And, watch this, Phonyseca is up to bat next! And guess what her job will be?

What Juan does with the BPD in closing will be very interesting....He can very simply say the DT obviously doesn't go along with the BPD diagnosis since they think the diagnostician is not credible....STUNG!

Yup and in the chamber meeting jodi made it perfectly clear, she didn't want the public/media EVER getting her testimony or even knowing she testified. Even tried to get the judge to allow the same for her witnesses. Unreal. I love how Juan stated the decision would be overturned on appeal, he knew it.

Whoa! There are transcripts of chamber meetings with Jodi in them?! :happydance: Does Beth have them on her site?

Getting caught up and it appears that Geffner went against JM again. Is Geffner the guy who sent Jodi books while she was in jail while doing a psychological evaluation?

No, that was Dr Samuels. Both are clowns who will say anything the defense want them to for $300 an hour.

Pretty freaking hilarious, the Judge telling JA she had not even ruled on that and JA all but says that she assumed her scared witnesses would get special treatment of never having any record of their testimony released to the public.

Pretty freaking hilarious, the Judge telling JA she had not even ruled on that and JA all but says that she assumed her scared witnesses would get special treatment of never having any record of their testimony released to the public.

Meanwhile in Juans resonse to Nurmis latest mistrial motion, Juan says jodi admitted those witnesses never intended to appear to testify. The whole defense team is full of carp.

Quite unassertive of JA to sit there suffering in silence...not!

No, that was Dr Samuels. Both are clowns who will say anything the defense want them to for $300 an hour.

So when I was thinking it might be Samuels I realized something. Now this was either done intentionally or just major incompetence, but ALV and Samuels seemed to be easily manipulated pawns in her game. They either really believed her. (As I think ALV did, because she couldn't believe that a man could be a victim of a woman, JMO) I think Samuels was just duped by the thing Jodi seems to be able to do with some men. (Remember in Star Wars when Obi Wan used the Jedi mind trick, that only works on the weak minded?)

DeMarte isn't a man, and she's not a man hater. She looks at the evidence and lets it guide her where it goes. I think that's a big reason Jodi hates her. She can't manipulate her in any way. I'm guessing that when she first met DeMarte she tried to work her psychological charms and get into DeMarte's personal life to ingratiate herself to her. I'd imagine DeMarte wasn't having any of that and kept it completely professional. I could see that incensing Jodi. DeMarte didn't want to be Jodi's friend. :boohoo:

Meanwhile in Juans resonse to Nurmis latest mistrial motion, Juan says jodi admitted those witnesses never intended to appear to testify. The whole defense team is full of carp.

Can't Judge Stephens do something about the defense trying to use facts in opposing ways?

Wasn't it just great when Juan told JSS (as she also stated) that if JA is so worried about the hate mail she will get she can just not read the letters, :laughing: :clap:

Ok, I'm out. See ya around Nash :peace:

Thanks, hadn't read it yet--I love it when they get called on their *****. This DT is a whole new level of scum IMO.

Hope things get better for you soon steely, we miss your posts and humor around here. Chin up,

Thanks, just a little bump in the road.

Wasn't it just great when Juan told JSS (as she also stated) that if JA is so worried about the hate mail she will get she can just not read the letters, :laughing: :clap:

Ok, I'm out. See ya around Nash :peace:

BBM

:laughcry:

I think I'm :eek:fftobed: soon myself. :seeya:

For some inexplicable reason this Judge thinks of herself as a champion of Arias' rights. She genuinely believes in Arias' right to secrecy and that her rights deserve to be protected above all else. Oh sure, the Judge believes that Arias is manipulative and if it comes down to LWOP versus LWP, the Judge will probably choose LWOP. Still, the endless delays, fragmented testimonies, and secrecy have all benefited the defendant. Sad to see this abysmal state of affairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela