Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 2/20 thru 2/23 - Break

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
4/15/08: The good news is I got an email today saying that I qualified for the Cancun trip. I’m very very excited about that. Prepaid has allowed me to have a lot of fun. I’m very fortunate.

Apr 29
4/29/08: The other news is my date w/ Mimi this last Saturday didn’t happen because she was sick. I decided to turn lemons into lemonade and I went and got her an herbal remedy [illegible] ingredients, in a wicker basket with raffia and left it on her porch. She texted me 10 minutes later saying thanks but please don’t be so nice to me. I asked why not she basically said never mind. So I just laid it down. I told her via text I like you, but I don’t know if you like me. So I need to know, so I know if I should ask you out again. I never heard back from her. At church however she came up to me and asked if I got her text. I said no. She said well we need to have a chat. That night we did. She told me she was interested but wasn’t sure how interested. So she wanted to schedule the date again. So time will tell. That’s good news in my opinion. The better news is I asked her to go to Cancun w/me today and she said yes. So barring that she gets work off we are off to Cancun!!! Life is good! Everything is falling into place. Having said that I will close for now. I’m happy.

Back on the loop de doop roller coaster I go. :(

From documentaries I have seen, they examine all mail for contraband and read everything......

They must of been lax the day the ninja's sent Jodi threatening postcards.

upper post - IIRC the ring was for Linda Ballard.

It doesn't paint a flattering picture of their being his friend. There's no way I'd ever use them for a character reference!!!:snooty:
It shows them as judgmental and siding with a girl (the defendant) whom they barely knew over their long-time "friend".

Maybe that is why they have written this book.

Their friend got slaughtered and emails they wrote to him are being used to defend the killer. They probably didn't realize how harsh and judgemental they sounded when writing to him. All three worked it out but none of that is shown in court.

They could be carrying a lot of guilt around because of that and want to show the world that they never thought Travis was the subhuman the DT has painted them as saying he was (please correct that into proper English, I know what I mean lol).

Just wait LinasK, once JA gets sentenced to death, everyone will thank JSS. :)

My thanks will go to JM and EF who got justice for Travis in spite of JSS and the defense crew.

The felon gets away with alot of things because no one asks for proof. Show us the threatening letters, show us the xrays of the finger, there needs to be proof and everyone is afraid to ask for the proof. That makes no sense to me. If the felon or her team makes certain remarks they should beable to back them up, especially to the judge. The judge should ask for proof, set an appointment up for xray fingers, doctors to exam the felons mental issues since they now hinder her ability to testify, have the jail show proof of the threatening letters or postcards since this stuff is supposedly read by the jail. If the letters come to her lawyer, then he needs to show proof. The felon gets away with too much, however, her time is short and soon she will be in prison. A whole different life awaits her and it will not be to her liking. She will be low 'woman' in the ranks.

Absolutely and this would have stopped a lot of the DT false allegations.

It was well within the judge's right to demand the DT show her what they had that proved Travis had viewed child *advertiser censored*. And this needed to be done BEFORE the judge allowed the DT to get up there in front of the jury and start claiming Travis was looking at child *advertiser censored*.

Ive seen other judges do this. Once Juan started objecting to the false allegations, the judge should have put an immediate stop to it and have a real "sidebar" with the DT to force them to prove to her that what they had would prove the allegations.

Time and time again she allowed the DT to claim absurd allegations against Travis and even the Prosecuter and the police department with ZERO evidence. And it was all false. It could have and should have been stopped at the judges desk.

And Juan was objecting every step of the way and was being shot down.

My thanks will go to JM and EF who got justice for Travis in spite of JSS and the defense crew.

Hello Amster. Ive been meaning to ask you if you saw my reply to you the other day about the COA reason that answered one of your questions?

I can find the post if you didnt get to see my reply.

Has the book been published? I thought they WERE waiting? Now I am confused.

Chris told Tricia last night that it is pretty much ready as you can "just push a button" and release it as an e book. I am not even certain they intend to publish it in hard copy.

Maybe she gets postcards from Cancun saying "sure is nice here at the Ritz-Carlton Cancun. Hope you and Large Marge are having fun at Sheriff Joe's County Facility. Hope you die in Perryville asap"...and she considers it a threat
image.jpg

Are their books about Travis? Or are they about this high profile murder trial. To me that is the difference.

I've been wondering whatever happened with the book Travis himself wrote, "Raising You." Last I recall, his family was going to have it published.

:maddening: Yeah, the Hughes were so close to Travis that it did not take very much effort on JA's part for them to turn against Travis just when he needed their support and understanding the most. It wasn't enough that JA was turning the guilty screws against Travis, the Hughes had to start turning those screws as well in trying to make him feel guilty for not wanting a serious relationship with JA; and, in fact, (JMO) Travis was starting to sense the truths about JA, enough to become afraid of her motives. The good ole Hughes were right there to assist JA in making Travis feel guilty for wanting to get away from JA.

What you're implying is that the Hughes' were instrumental in driving Travis towards a more extended relationship with Jodi than he might have wanted otherwise? Because they got him to feel guilty about maybe he wasn't being more overtly sensitive to her needs? Interesting......

I don't much care for the Hughes' myself: I think they see a big opportunity in this situation. But they also aren't my friends. They were Travis' friends and he highly valued their opinion. Their connection was complicated by his business relationship with them. That's on Travis, though, and it was between him and the Hughes', not something we could evaluate in hindsight, given that he's not here to explain. Relationships often aren't simple, and this one evidently was in that category. I don't think we should be judgmental about how either party handled that relationship, because all 3 of them might have been quite fine with it.

I also think some posters are letting go of the fact that Jodi was manipulating all 3 them. They could never have guessed that evil was in their midst and letting loose among them. In the same situation, I don't think I would have guessed, either. Jodi's manipulations laid the groundwork for opinionatedness on all sides—Skye, Travis, what's his name—because they all had to dig in their heels just to attempt to sort out the situation. She was deliberately divisive.

Plus, the Hughes' were in some sense taking care of Travis, because they knew he wanted a wife. Blame Jodi: they were three normal naive people whose complicated relationship she made even more complicated.

Some things in Travis' life were on him, not on anyone else. One of the signs of his maturity is that he knew when that was the case. I think we should put his relationship with the Hughes' in the "it was on him" category and not second-guess either party.

I know I posted this before but perhaps it makes me feel better to express some of the small details that bug the peewaddle and doo out of me! Yes whatever became of that engagement ring? And what possible excuse could Jodi have given Travis as to why it was in her possession????

4/15/08: The good news is I got an email today saying that I qualified for the Cancun trip. I’m very very excited about that. Prepaid has allowed me to have a lot of fun. I’m very fortunate.

Apr 29
4/29/08: The other news is my date w/ Mimi this last Saturday didn’t happen because she was sick. I decided to turn lemons into lemonade and I went and got her an herbal remedy [illegible] ingredients, in a wicker basket with raffia and left it on her porch. She texted me 10 minutes later saying thanks but please don’t be so nice to me. I asked why not she basically said never mind. So I just laid it down. I told her via text I like you, but I don’t know if you like me. So I need to know, so I know if I should ask you out again. I never heard back from her. At church however she came up to me and asked if I got her text. I said no. She said well we need to have a chat. That night we did. She told me she was interested but wasn’t sure how interested. So she wanted to schedule the date again. So time will tell. That’s good news in my opinion. The better news is I asked her to go to Cancun w/me today and she said yes. So barring that she gets work off we are off to Cancun!!! Life is good! Everything is falling into place. Having said that I will close for now. I’m happy.

This is first I saw this one. I am so sad for him. You know, JA probably intercepted and deleted her message to him before he even got to see it.

She is the devil herself IMO.

Maybe she gets postcards from Cancun saying "sure is nice here at the Ritz-Carlton Cancun. Hope you and Large Marge are having fun at Sheriff Joe's County Facility. Hope you die in Perryville asap"...and she considers it a threat
View attachment 69798

I'm sure she thinks the State of Arizona is making "death threats" with having the death penalty as an option.

I guess JA is going to ride and control this show right down to the end, when the curtain is finally drawn

Does anyone believe this killer has actually received "thousands and thousands and thousands of pieces of mail" (her words) in the 16 months between the first trial and this sentencing phase? I mean, they would have to add another wing to the jail and hire more staff to handle that volume if it were true. :facepalm: As abhorrent as I find her and her entire defense team, I know I wouldn't waste the postage to send her anything, ever. I'm sure she has received mail, but no where near the amount she claims. But of course she has to exaggerate to make it appear that she is just sooooo important, which she is not.

1) I bet what tweet-short missives she has received on all those postcards won't find a spot in "her" recycling program, either.

2) Jodi probably got the other inmates to spend their precious time writing them all to her. What else have they got to do, except lavish attention on one of their own in exchange for sticky buns? There's more in it for them than anyone else.
I wonder if those postcards have postmarks and stamps on them?

I know I posted this before but perhaps it makes me feel better to express some of the small details that bug the peewaddle and doo out of me! Yes whatever became of that engagement ring? And what possible excuse could Jodi have given Travis as to why it was in her possession????

Great question. Last i recall Jodi was telling Travis...."about that ring...I can explain".

And thats the last i heard of it.

Oh. Yeah. I'm sure you'd all be glad for an update regarding me being on the fence regarding BPD and the death penalty or LWOP.. :p Well, I'm no longer on the fence... I've left the barn completely LOL! After private tutoring lessons on BPD from Britskate :loveyou: I'm still not clear on it all. I hope the jurors somehow made better sense of it all.

Oh well, I probably wouldn't have made it on to the jury anyways.

Perhaps one way to simplify the role of BPD in this slaughter—i.e. nonexistent—is to consider a statistic. BPDers have a very low incidence of homicide, way lower than the general population. They have a very high incidence of suicide, way higher than the general population. So, using BPD as a shove towards slaughter....well, NO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela