Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 2/5 - 2/9 - Break

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not at all surprised. I used the link you provided and found out that only 2 people had taken the survey. On some questions only 1 replied. I could have taken said survey and built up/or down the results. I almost expect Arias supporters' to do just that. Dr. D is a respectable asset to this circus.

Just playing around and found this.
Is anyone familiar with Health-grades?
This is a Patient Satisfaction feedback on their experience with Dr. Janeen A. Demarte, PHD
Over all - below national average
Staff friendliness- below national average
Total Time wait- shorter than national average
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort,,etc,- above national average
Ease of scheduling, urgent appointments- below national average
Level of trust in provider- below national average
How provider explains medical conditions - below national average
How well provider listens and answers questions- below national average
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients- below national average

This site wouldn't let me read the reviews because that part is confidential.

I was surprised.

http://www.healthgrades.com/provider/janeen-demarte-366p9#tab=patient-ratings&scrollTo=TopOfMain

then I'm surprised there wasn't more.
That is a good point.

I wonder if one of us could point that out to the website owners, and tell them our suspicions that it is bogus.

As for Jodi and discipline, first born daughters of hispanic families can be VERY spoiled and catered to, and in Jodi's early years, money was not an issue. I talk from first hand knowledge.

I truly don't think it matters what two subjective reviews based on her counseling abilities say. She is not here as a counselor, but as an expert forensic psychologist. Is she good at her job in that regard? Is she professional? She certainly seems to have done a more thorough job than any of the defense experts. She has testified in many trials since becoming licensed. You cannot please everyone.

I was playing around. I'm not familiar with Healthgrades. I was just asking is someone here was.

There is also doctor.com
There was also a review that you can read.
The review is: Too inexperienced. No compassion, she has no empathy, could not establish a therapeutic relationship with her. No children of her own, not able to understand children and parents. (this was written on 4-20-2-13)
www.doctor.com

Like I said I had no ideal I would find bad reviews. I was just looking for information on her. I can't help what is out there. I will try and find some good reviews.
I really don't care what the reviews say- statistically- they are usually pretty skewed. Even more importantly, as AZL pointed out, ANYONE can write a review- patient or not. I trust my own eyes (and ears) and my own experience of DR D. I also trust Juan Martinez judgements.

This is a Patient Satisfaction feedback on their experience with Dr. Janeen A. Demarte, PHD
Over all - below national average
Staff friendliness- below national average
Total Time wait- shorter than national average
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort,,etc,- above national average
Ease of scheduling, urgent appointments- below national average
Level of trust in provider- below national average
How provider explains medical conditions - below national average
How well provider listens and answers questions- below national average
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients- below national average

This site wouldn't let me read the reviews because that part is confidential.

I was surprised.

http://www.healthgrades.com/provider/janeen-demarte-366p9#tab=patient-ratings&scrollTo=TopOfMain

There were only 2 responses. Not much to go on really. Could be disgruntled clients or someone like the people that go to Amazon and write reviews for books they haven't really read.

I truly don't think it matters what two subjective reviews based on her counseling abilities say. She is not here as a counselor, but as an expert forensic psychologist. Is she good at her job in that regard? Is she professional? She certainly seems to have done a more thorough job than any of the defense experts. She has testified in many trials since becoming lisenced. You cannot please everyone.

I wouldn't let Samuels, Geffner, Fonseca or ALV counsel my dogs!

This is a Patient Satisfaction feedback on their experience with Dr. Janeen A. Demarte,
<snip for space>

I'm not. The rating is based on a whopping 2 responses. That's one happy client....and probably one of Jodi's toadies.

I'd be pretty cautious about accepting random online unverified reviews about health care professionals.

I see Dr. DeMarte graduated from Michigan State Univ., my home state!

As for the survey results ..... maybe Jodi had someone write a review? :giggle: Two review with mostly average results isn't bad. The scoring seems odd to me. If she acts professional and not as a buddy, I can see a patient who is already troubled not scoring any psychologist very well. Who know how many visits they even had. It can take several visits to be comfortable.

I agree with you. I was hoping someone knew information about the site. Healthgrades. I know there are medical professionals that post here. This site might not be on the up and up. I sure didn't mean to step on anyone's toes.
I'm nosy. I like to snoop.

It's not a fake site or anything, but I represent a number of doctors, and it is certainly not unheard-of for the other side to post "revenge reviews" on that site and others.

I believe the Commandments are also a Jewish "thing", since they show up in the Old Testament. But really, the values expressed in the commandments are a code of behavior that a large percentage of the world subscribes to, in many religions and by many folks who do not consider themselves "spiritual" or religious. There are cultural reasons why this might not look obvious to us (e.g. the code of behavior doesn't cover protections for women in many areas of the world), but, hey, we have those here in the U.S., too (e.g. for hate crimes often not investigated or prosecuted).

I have lived all over the world, and it's amazing how consistently these "rules to live by" show up everywhere.

This is not at all a cultural thing that JA is evil, by the way. Her behavior would be universally condemned. I'll bet that even includes ISIS, who are a veritable potluck of evils themselves.

I am pagan, wiccan, and all tho I follow a different path from Christians, as a eclectic witch, I admire the 10 comandments.(sp?) as a code of behavior.

the beautiful thing for me as a solitare eclectic, is that when I find beauty and things make sense in some ones elses beliefs, or faith, I can incorperate them into and work them into my daily life.

any ways...I dont wanna side track anything..

just catching up...thank you all for keeping me in the loop as to Jodi and whats going on..I love to read everyones insight.

http://www.courtchatter.com/2015/02/jodi-arias-document-placed-under-seal.html?spref=tw

There is an interesting Anonymous reader comment at this site regarding SOMETHING that happened at the Purple Plum after JA murdered TA. I searched around and found a WS post by Wenwe4 dated 4-9-2013 which summed up JM crossing LaV.

JM: You received info she was manipulative in her relationship with men shortly after the killing?
LaV: With what men?
JM: Any memory of your notes after JA to Yreka
LaV: Are you talking about her experience in the restaurant @ Purple Plum . . her interaction with men . .. indicated that she was

DT: objection - may we approach - you may

The DT successfully kept &#8220;whatever this was&#8221; out of the first trial; and the Purple Plum witness statement presented in this trial (through JD) was quite limited. If the commenter on Court Chatter is to be believed, the incident was NOT the &#8220;I&#8217;m new in town, show me around,&#8221; manipulation. Anybody know what this might be?

You took the words right out of my mouth AZlawyer :), was just going to post the same thing. Anyone can post those reviews, and I wouldn't put it past JA's fan club to have done as much.

Yes. In the case of ALV, most of the reviews for her book are written by outraged JA trial watchers. I wonder whether they've even read the book. Oh well, ALV brought it upon herself by lying so blatantly for her protégé. I'm still dumbfounded that she put her career on the line for a common murderess.

Oh, this also reminds me of my university years. Students would post bad online reviews for the silliest reasons. I even had one professor tearfully address the class and request students to be honest and respectful in their reviews. One less-than-nice girl wrote in her review that the professor had slept with her. I was surprised that the review was not removed for years and years. This online review system is a tricky thing.

Yes. In the case of ALV, most of the reviews for her book are written by outraged JA trial watchers. I wonder whether they've even read the book. Oh well, ALV brought it upon herself by lying so blatantly for her protégé. I'm still dumbfounded that she put her career on the line for a common murderess.

Oh, this also reminds me of my university years. Students would post bad online reviews for the silliest reasons. I even had one professor tearfully address the class and request students to be honest and respectful in their reviews. One less-than-nice girl wrote in her review that the professor had slept with her. I was surprised that the review was not removed for years and years. This online review system is a tricky thing.

Yes, to be honest, I was appalled at what people did going to ALV's book and writing negative reviews on it and trashing her as a person. It wasn't right. They hadn't even read it. While I think she played the victim a bit in her interviews afterward, I can understand why she was upset.

http://www.latinpost.com/articles/3...chologist-describes-stalker-death-penalty.htm

Dr. DeMarte described Arias as an extremely jealous stalker with borderline personality disorder and a fixation on Alexander, reports Fox 10 Phoenix. The psychologist also said that Arias refused to let him move on and resorted to spying on him and confronting other girls that he dated. She went on to say that Arias was prone to manic episodes of extreme happiness and despair and discredited defense arguments that Arias murdered Alexander as a result of abuse she endured by him and her own family in the past. The psychologist added that police interviews showed that Arias wasn't liked by some of her family members.

Which is why I keep saying, the whole story has not been told. And why I think the DT took this route, (slander the victim). But in going this route the game is making a turn and the story is beginning to come out, but will we ever hear the real story? In the beginning my first question was how on earth did a female do this by herself and I thought she had to have had help. And I admit I had doubts until JA took the stand. Then I saw what kind of person she was and it only took a short time of her on the stand for me to be completely turned off by her. I could not believe that the Judge allowed such rude behavior by her on the stand. That is when my questions really began to pile up. I started searching all the forums that followed the case and I wondered why so much evidence was not allowed in when it was plain to see. I became so ashamed of the justice system yet at the end of the trial I just knew the jury could not possibly not come back with a verdict of at least life. After the trial was over and I learned more about the evidence and saw more about JA behavior I began to believe that she was capable of anything. I looked forward to the beginning of the retrial and thought for sure this one would move along and be over in a short time. Was I ever wrong, now seeing what was not allowed in the first trial has left me in shock. But I know one thing from watching JM this does not seem to discourage him in the least, He knows he has the whole story and that is why he has not given an inch, and little by little he is allowing the DT to keep going down the path that is allowing the State to win their case, think about it, they are handing it to JM on a silver platter so to speak. Is it hard on the Family, yes, is it hard on the State's Witness', yes, is it hard on JM, no it is his job, but it is stressful. Is it hard on the Jury, very much so but the DT is blind to that and that is work against the DT in the end. I have never been on a Jury but I know that if I were on that Jury I would be so fed up with this and be wondering ( What has this got to do with anything?) I would be saying look TA is dead, JA is alive, he could have easily overpowered her, he was a man and there is no way that a woman can so easily overpower a man, tell me what really happened that day! and After this long into the trial with still no answers I would be like ok, have it your way but I am not buying it in the least, just get it over with and let us do our job, if you don't want us to have the facts then fine, we just will dismiss all your bull! Now that is just how I look at things, I don't like to be treated like I have no sense at all, and will fall for just any story. Give me facts as I do have a brain! I hope these Jurors feel the same way, and I am willing to bet that they do.

Like in so many other cases we will never know the truth of what really happened. And in this one we sure wont because Arias is never going to reveal the truth. The truth and JA are strangers.

But it never crossed my mind that she couldn't do this by herself without help and it still doesn't.

I guess I have read too many cases now where a sole petite female (even smaller than Arias) has murdered a man much larger than she was.

I read about one case where a woman weighed around 120 pounds and her husband weighed around 200+. She not only murdered him but they lived in an upstairs apartment. After murdering him, late at night she then drug his body down two flights of outside stairs to her vehicle and loaded his body up and discarded his body somewhere out in the woods.

Imo, its a mistake to ever think a female of any size cant overcome an unsuspecting male who had no clue they are about to be murdered. It has happened countless of times and it will happen again. :( Imo, the first thrust was into his chest, which DH said would have been fatal, and after that Travis was trying his best to get away from her and only threw up his hands trying to deflect more stab wounds. He never had a chance to fight back. He was in the process of dying when she drove the knife into his chest.

In fact some of the murder cases committed by female perpetrators have been some of the most extreme horrific overkills I have seen. Female murderers aren't only capable but they are mean and ruthless. I don't remember another one at the moment though that stabbed the victim repeatedly, slashed their throat from ear to ear, and also shot them in the head. Using two deadly weapons is somewhat unique I think and shows just how truly evil JA is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loislooking