Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 2/5 - 2/9 - Break

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No kidding? Thought you were maybe in your 20's now. Haha. Let's see, in 1977 I was 29. My children were 7 and 9. They are now in their 40's. I do remember the song. :)

Nah, I'm an old Liberal Rebel, but not old enough to have been a hippy. That was my siblings generation. But I am a Baby Boomer and did grow up with the Beatles.
My preference in the late '70's was E.L.O.

Nah, I'm an old Liberal Rebel, but not old enough to have been a hippy. That was my siblings generation. But I am a Baby Boomer and did grow up with the Beatles.
My preference in the late '70's was E.L.O.

Yep that was my DH. Liberal rebel and all. You should see him now. Conservative...well maybe still a rebel but a good one. I think most young people are liberal. Then we face the real world and become conservative. IMO anyway.

BTW...thanks for adding the post about Juan rocks as a prosecutor. You have been so positive throughout this ordeal of the sentencing phase and I very much needed it! You rock too.

I was in an antique store last weekend and they were playing music from the 50's. All of a sudden I heard the Platters singing "The Great Pretender". Oh my, I had to swoon! :). My DH asked me to please not sing! Those were the days.

Lol. I love 40's and 50's music.

I'm a geriatric mother of a tween who I stayed up with last night til 2AM, helping him finish a science fair project (he won 1st place!!!). Bedtime for me....have a good weekend, y'all. :)

Lol. I love 40's and 50's music.

I'm a geriatric mother of a tween who I stayed up with last night til 2AM, helping him finish a science fair project (he won 1st place!!!). Bedtime for me....have a good weekend, y'all. :)

Every time you post about your son, it's always good. You must be a wonderful Mother. Congratulations on him winning first place!!

goodnight everyone! Past my bedtime.

There's got to be an app for hacking the stun belt controls....

If only there were, LOL. They have 80,000 volt handcuffs that are being tested now. They seem to do a better job. I haven't had the pleasure of trying them on just yet, but nothing could ever hurt as long and painfully as the mace. :gaah:

Firstly, thankyou to Val1 for this link:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/evil-deeds/201305/jodi-joran-and-casey-the-psychology-evil

Jodi, Joran and Casey: On the Psychology of Evil
How are the Jodi Arias, Casey Anthony and Joran van der Sloot cases similar?
Post published by Stephen A Diamond Ph.D. on May 24, 2013 in Evil Deeds

Excellent article for those interested in gaining a psychological understanding on JA's murderous behaviour.
I had not seen this post prior to my earlier comments on BPD, but the concepts in this article accord with my own opinion. JA's behaviour was aberrant. She most likely experienced a 'high' after planning the murder, then successfully executing the murder of Travis (unseen). She commented in her diary "UTAH WAS AMAZING!" She was caught trying to flee with two knives and a gun in her possession. Who would her next victim have been, if not caught?
In accord with several on here, I believe she will continue to be dangerous. My opinion only.

[Stephen Diamond, Ph.D., is a clinical and forensic psychologist in LA and the author of Anger, Madness, and the Daimonic: The Psychological Genesis of Violence, Evil, and Creativity].

Ugh....I've heard enough from her. I'm sorry. MOO
ace6eb5a7a1fe87443462e0fb318e2b6.jpg

Does anyone else think there is a good chance that Juan filed the "Time to Vent" motion? I do! I have been reading that this was actually posted days before Deanna testified. The other attorney verified somethingabout this post. Something was sealed? Both or just one? Is Juan going after the leaky defense team that constantly whines about the media? Why would Nurmi file this if he was so adamant about keeping Marc Magee's name a big secret? Why would he file this if he knew it would be exposing his team for leaking information?

We are going off topic. Remember while this thread is relaxed on the weekend break it is still retrial only discussions. Personal discussions should move over to the Sidebar. Don't make me get my wooden spoon.

Does anyone else think there is a good chance that Juan filed the "Time to Vent" motion? I do! I have been reading that this was actually posted days before Deanna testified. The other attorney verified somethingabout this post. Something was sealed? Both or just one? Is Juan going after the leaky defense team that constantly whines about the media? Why would Nurmi file this if he was so adamant about keeping Marc Magee's name a big secret? Why would he file this if he knew it would be exposing his team for leaking information?

Perhaps someone found out that MM wasn't the author of this?? If that would have been discovered it would be interesting to know who might have been behind it, and could the affidavit have also been authored by someone other than MM?? Nah, that's too conspiracy minded for me to believe, or is it? :thinking:

Have any motions been filed for anything yet? Can they be filed on the weekend electronically?

Someone has been very quiet. The felon must be mad at the team and has not given them any.

Can the felon ask to represent herself again!?!

We are going off topic. Remember while this thread is relaxed on the weekend break it is still retrial only discussions. Personal discussions should move over to the Sidebar. Don't make me get my wooden spoon.

I love wooden spoons, LMAO.

Perhaps someone found out that MM wasn't the author of this?? If that would have been discovered it would be interesting to know who might have been behind it, and could the affidavit have also been authored by someone other than MM?? Nah, that's too conspiracy minded for me to believe, or is it? :thinking:

I have been very curious about this motion. The dates are suspicious to say the least. There was a post or a twitter saying MDLR was being investigated for something. As far as I know this is a rumor but it is something that makes you go Hmm.

Has anyone heard from Tuba? Wondering if all is well with her. She hasn't posted here in weeks.

Travis was a man who was physically bigger than her. But what you are failing to see is how she did this by herself: she is fairly tall, and more importantly- she caught him naked, wet, unexpecting her, unarmed, and in a small space. She basically confined her prey where and when he was the most vulnerable. There's no way he could have tackled her, especially not when she had two weapons on her- knife and gun, and possibly a stun gun. From the crime scene pictures she took, I personally think she stun gunned him first to disable him. This is how she accomplished it by herself without help. Her story was that there were two ninjas, since most people would think one person couldn't do it alone.

you misunderstood my post, I was saying when I first heard about the case, I did not have any facts to go on at the time, I just came across the trial on TV and started watching, seeing JA sitting there, I thought it would have been hard for any woman to over power a man unless something took place to disable the man first. As in if any man had a chance at all they would have been able to fight back. She did not have any injuries that were reported so it left me thinking somthing here is not right. I started looking into the evidence and watching the trial, boy were my eyes open. But still I say the whole story still has not been told. After I saw and heard the facts presented in the first trial I can say for any woman to do that much to a man and have not one injury to herself that was overkill. TA did not get one lick in and for that to happen she had to disable him on the start. Like some one said before to my post, they believe the knife came first and I agree ( the shower picture, to me it looked like fear in the mans eyes.) It was a rage killing in my opinion, no I do not think she has a mental disorder, I think she has a rage problem you can call it BPD or what ever else one wants to call it. She planned it, she knew full well what she was doing and she has no remorse, in fact I think she is proud of what she did. I was just simply saying that at the beginning I could not see how anyone especially a woman could have done this by herself and it got me to watching the trial to see how on earth someone could do this. This is the first trial I have ever watched. As I said before, I still do not believe the State has been able to bring all their evidence in, for what ever reason, but they do know the story and I believe we still have more to see come out as it now seems the DT have opened doors that were closed and I also believe JA will not get away with her little games of secrets in the end. Justice will be served at long last. TA has been cleared of so much already and will be cleared even more. JM will have his say and this time I do not believe there will be a hung jury. Sorry if I did not make my self clear in my post, I am new to these forums.

I didn't read them all but even so that's an incorrect use of the review system on Amazon, entirely. Your review should be for the product only. People were just doing that to get back at her. The place for personal opinions is not at Amazon under her book reviews. That is her livelihood. You can't tell people you wouldn't recommend a book you've never read.

Mein Kampf.

Ugh....I've heard enough from her. I'm sorry. MOO
ace6eb5a7a1fe87443462e0fb318e2b6.jpg

On the other hand most people realize that NORMAL people do not murder, much less butcher, another human being. You would have to have something wrong with you. jmo

Ok, something has been bugging me.

WTH did JA have TAs engagement ring for, and he seemed ok about it?

Lambchop...what did you do? I just read a post by you threatening to get your wooden spoon and my screen went white and WS kicked me to the curb. :laughing: And I hadn't even posted anything objection worthy. :eek: That is some spoon you have.

Lambchop...what did you do? I just read a post by you threatening to get your wooden spoon and my screen went white and WS kicked me to the curb. :laughing: And I hadn't even posted anything objection worthy. :eek: That is some spoon you have.

Kimster gave them to me. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member