Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 2/5 - 2/9 - Break

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure JD would have loved to say, and how old were you Nurmi when you started your first practice after being a licensed attorney? ha ha Or when did you stop masturbating? Or were you abused, ever? How's your love life? But she won't.

Lol I guess I kind of messed that up. If these are for verdict that might be a little optimistic too.

Eta: my prediction, I mean.

LOL It's hard to imagine Nurmi ever ending this cross, jeez. Did he say a few days? Good grief! You'd think his own threshold tolerance for humiliation would cause him to get her off the stand asap.

I wish I'd been able to follow along today. I thought it would make me miserable, but looks like I missed a good day for TA and family.

I recently re-watched the Dr. DeMarte cross by Wilmott, 2013. Jeez, it was painful. The number of times I wanted to slap Wilmott: I can't count.

"So, you didn't know that you were supposed to..."
"No, I'm saying that the test is not meant to be given that way."
"Judge! Tell her to let me finish my question!!111!!"

"Did you 'clarify' enough?"

"Because, heh, I'm moving on now."

But! Wait! He grew his hair, and lost weight, and stopped reclining, and says things like ...I didn't ask a question, and I don't care what you think...

You mean all that didn't work? :tantrum:

And the nose/finger thing? Is that still happening? Oh, I am sorry...just one of those days!

For those worried BPD is a mitigating factor, I can assure you it is not. Provided the jury gets (and understands) a good explanation of BPD, which I trust Dr. Demarte has and will continue to provide along with Juan, they will not see it as mitigation.

How can I insist on this? My mother has BPD. She was a single parent and I the only child, so I've directly experienced so many if the BPD behavior manifestations. In my early 30's BPD was explained to me by my counselor because through our sessions she concluded my mom had BPD. At first I didn't believe it, but the more I read and the more she educated me I realized my mom definitely has BPD.

My mom knows right from wrong, but she justifies her behavior when it's wrong using a variety of ways common to BPDs, like playing the victim and situational ethics (i.e. it's okay in this situation because xyz). CMJA knows right from wrong too, and her BPD doesn't make it any more difficult than anyone else to refrain from murdering someone. It only makes her better than the average person at playing the victim and applying situational ethics to justify her unjustifiable behavior (brutal murder).

If my mom were to brutally murder someone, which I'm fairly sure would never happen, I would not be able to say her BPD mitigates her actions just as I've asserted in regard to CMJA. Similarly, I've learned through my counselor that my mom's BPD doesn't mitigate her poor parenting and neglect of me, it only explains that it was the best she could do at that time...but she could have sought help. BPDs know something isn't right with them, they know their behavior isn't normal. This makes them responsible for not getting help. Failing to seek help for a psychological disorder that you cognitively know is present is not a basis for mitigation.

No mitigation = Death Penalty
This is the AZ law, therefore I believe CMJA should be sentenced to death...even though I would prefer a special sentence of LWOP with special conditions that give her very little access to other people. Kind of like solitary, but a bit less cruel, because I think having little tastes of it will help remind her what she will never again have.

This is likely a stupid question: why did Nurmi call her Dr Death? I understand that he thought it was a clever dig because he said it very early in his cross, but I don't understand his implication. Someone please explain!

She has testified in 3 other death penalty trials.

I'm here Becky. i've followed the trial since the beginning but haven't posted but a few times since my DH died. My heart goes out to Travis' family. Its heartbreaking to lose someone you care about and love. DM has made such a pleasant change from the DT experts. Yes, Martinez can become very aggressive but from what I see its been called for when he has had to deal with DT experts who are showing their bias and not being honest. So obvious too. Now Wilmott and Nurmi different story. They come out with attitudes. Wilma with her brattie mouth and Nurmi with his slimey mouth. They didn't learn their lesson in the results of the first trial and now doing it again. Almost hilarious watching them try so hard to copy the excellence of Martinez. JA might not end up getting the DP but it won't be because of her attorneys. She will be put away though much to the relief of so many.

Thanks, tsitra01

I wrote a reply to your post but that too, went poof. Don't know if the problem is my computer or the website.

I'm so sorry to read about your loss. My heart goes out to you--truly. For what it's worth, my much adored older sister suddenly died a few months ago and I'm still trying to deal with her death. I wonder if that is why some or even many of us are members here--we're trying to wrap our minds around the bad s**t that life arbitrarily throws at us.

Rest assured, however, that we have known genuine love. We've given our heart to others and had the love reciprocated. Big hugs to you.

Feb. 5 seems a bit optimistic on my part, but to be fair I was trying to use the Law of Attraction.

You were right on, because I feeeeel like today the trial got all sewn up!

I just got caught up and have one lingering question...Nurmi needed extra time to prepare for THAT CROSS EXAMINATION?

Confirms who wrote the questions... I'm surprised she didn't wear her little ponytail up top with the wispy bangs this round.

Aha! i see what you did there. Lol

Azl. . any opinions why erik basta would submit anything in this trial?? Its under seal because..arizona but I'm curious what he's done for this case

My best guess is a foundation-type affidavit for the Modsnip McGee "Time to Vent" post, which was filed at the same time. I still can't figure out why any of this would be filed at all, though. :)

Haha, we can also go behind the printed words on daisy's chart. No problem.

Exactly! I didn't want to write my REAL prediction because it would have been so negative. Now we can use my Feb. 5 prediction, based on its very positiveness, as evidence of pretty much any damn thing we want as long as it's negative!

I know it is late night, and I do not want to make anyone crazy.

Is Geffner's graph available?

Looking for the DATES for those 12 women that Travis contacted.

My husband thinks he was at his wit's end,...begging for advice...hoping to find a sensible solution with his F. friends, without actually calling the police.

TIA!

RIP Travis...We WILL get there

I know it is late night, and I do not want to make anyone crazy.

It Geffner's graph available?

Looking for the DATES for those 12 women that Travis contacted.

My husband thinks he was at his wit's end,...begging for advice...hoping to find a sensible solution with his F. friends, without actually calling the police.

TIA!

RIP Travis...We WILL get there

Your husband is a wise, wise man, IMO! I wish we had that damn, ridiculous graph. That Geff- he's something else, isn't he?

Those poor women- I am just heartbroken for them- especially the married ones. Jodi is like a hurricane that destroys anything in her path.

It was a great day for justice from my point of view and we are almost there- finally.

With all due respect, 'catfight' is demeaning to all women and DeMarte's and Wilmott's intelligence. Why the denigration?

My apologies.

Might have been when I saw Willmott call DeMarte a wordydird the last time. Can't remember.

I however DO notice she isn't taking any chances on making that mistake again.

Who is Erik Basta?

I believe he was the one who prosecuted Marissa Devault. That's IIRC. Possibly Assistant DA?? Two things I think the Arias and Devault trials have had in common is Dr. JD is/was an expert witness for prosecution, and Dr. Cheryl Karp was used for defense in both cases.

I know that we all agree that Dr JD has been intelligent, professional, objective and very credible. In comparison, she makes the defense "experts" look like hired guns who fit the label.

But she did point out today that she was hired to assess JA only, and couldn't (wouldn't) answer KN's questions about TA's actions or history that didn't directly involve her role in assessing JA.

Apparently, this is no different than what the defense experts were hired for. They were asked to assess a particular area--ALV-domestic violence; Samuels-PTSD; Dr. Fonseca-analysis of TA and JA's relationship; Geffner-sorry, I blocked it out it was so lame.

Dr. JD's statement today has helped me put their roles in perspective. We have had many discussions on how the defense experts ignored the full picture, and wouldn't bend from their opinion even when JM presented them with powerful, negating factors that they didn't consider in their assessment. Well they had "never heard that" info--but "no, it wouldn't change" their expert opinion, even when it made them look like idiots.

The difference with Dr. JM is that she remains credible in her expert assessment of JA, despite any evidence that the DT tries to bring in to discredit it. KN brought up TA texting other women, and not telling people he was having sex--the rest is based on JA's word, which Dr. JM made clear, that JA's allegations have never been corroborated by anyone. (And she said it is normal not to tell people you are having sex).

The defense had no ammunition to discredit her professional opinion. We all saw the defense experts' opinions blown to smithereens yesterday. KN wants a few more days to discredit Dr. JM? I hope he reconsiders that. Today should have been his best shot. Epic fail.

How does that Vent posting by Mcgee have anything to do with this trial. He posted it 4 days before Deanna even testified. Makes no sense.

Over in Jodiland they think Jodi looked beautiful today and that her mom must be so proud that the photographer keeps snapping beautiful pics of Jodi smiling at her. There was also great jubilation at the fact that Dr. D had to admit that Jodi had no criminal record, therefore proving mitigation factor #2. Also, the jurors weren't taking notes because Nurmi thoroughly discredited the witness. It had nothing to do with them being bored out of their skulls.

They too were surprised to hear Jodi had been sexually assaulted at age 5 or 6. It is of course Juan Martinez' fault they didn't know this because he kept it from being disclosed during the first trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli