Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 2/5 - 2/9 - Break

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Becky- my gosh, I am so, so sorry. I can't even imagine how shocking and painful the loss of your sister has been. I am sending much love and positive thoughts your way.

Tsitra, The loss of your beloved husband is just heartbreaking- my heart goes out to you- please know that I am thinking of you.

I am sending love and positive thoughts to all of the people here who have lost someone they love, there is just nothing harder. Thank you to all who feel safe enough to share their personal experiences, it is a privilege to know you feel comfortable with all of us.

I will go to sleep tonight with the hope of justice coming soon for Travis and his loved ones. I will see this through to the end. Goodnight fellow sleuthers, it is an honor to be here with you all~ Frigga

Thanks, Frigga. You are a sweetheart:blowkiss: To be honest, I'm still literally stunned by my sister's death. I always loved her and she, as my big sister, always helped me through my own crises. Geez, I miss her. I'd write more about her, but . . . suffice to say that I miss her so much. Anyway, Frigga, thanks so much for understanding!

Thanks, Frigga. You are a sweetheart:blowkiss: To be honest, I'm still literally stunned by my sister's death. I always loved her and she, as my big sister, always helped me through my own crises. Geez, I miss her. I'd write more about her, but . . . suffice to say that I miss her so much. Anyway, Frigga, thanks so much for understanding!

:( I hope you have other family here to lean on for support when you are missing her so much.

Spit it out....just came home from picking up some dulce de leche haagen-dazs and tiramisu cake, there goes my anti-inflammatory diet. Nurmi does that to me!

Shady: While your upcoming snack-fest makes me jealous and salivate, to be honest, Larry KN makes me lose my appetite, especially today. His cross of lovely Dr. D makes me want to gag. But please, enjoy with abandon and I will absorb the pleasure vicariously!!!!

ps if you wouldn't mind, please, oh please PM me the spoon to lick when you're done....

Over in Jodiland they think Jodi looked beautiful today and that her mom must be so proud that the photographer keeps snapping beautiful pics of Jodi smiling at her. There was also great jubilation at the fact that Dr. D had to admit that Jodi had no criminal record, therefore proving mitigation factor #2. Also, the jurors weren't taking notes because Nurmi thoroughly discredited the witness. It had nothing to do with them being bored out of their skulls.

They too were surprised to hear Jodi had been sexually assaulted at age 5 or 6. It is of course Juan Martinez' fault they didn't know this because he kept it from being disclosed during the first trial.

Anyone else that's dared to wander over there to read - have you noticed how the one who posts the tweets from the courtroom (she's not there - she retweets the MSM tweets) doesn't post all or even most of the ones that make the defense look bad? Or many that are negative about JA? There was absolutely no mention of the bailiff & deputy talking with the judge - just a few tweets about JA being late after lunch break. One has to wonder what else the "leaders" keep from the followers over there. (All 10 + of them!!)

Hah! I wrote on the end of the last thread, just when the door was closing, that I took out the garbage in honour of Nurmi et al. And now I'm thinking of cleaning my cats' litter box.

Double HAH, as I did BOTH of those things while waiting for my Kindle to reload.
L(litter) K(itty) Nurmi.

Demarte never said she showed no antisocial personality, iirc.

That's what I don't get. She had to have a significant score in the APD scale, perhaps she missed it by, what, one point ? Which would still be significant regarding her tendencies, yet may still prevent DM from bringing it out in her diagnoses because perhaps the slimy Defense claims it is "prejudicial" . IDK , not sure how that works, other than the Defense seems always to have the upper hand .

Anyone else that's dared to wander over there to read - have you noticed how the one who posts the tweets from the courtroom doesn't post the ones that make the defense look bad? Or many that are negative about JA? There was absolutely no mention of the bailiff & deputy talking with the judge - just a few tweets about JA being late after lunch break. One has to wonder what else the "leaders" keep from the followers over there. (All 10 + of them!!)

Itsy, I just noticed your signature... I love it. :)

And, after that post my "Thanks" button is gone again.

Which reminds me (lol) - over there they have no "thanks" or "like" buttons, nor are the posts numbered. It's irritating to read at times & often makes no sense because they don't seem to follow up or really discuss anything; they just bash the pros. team & witnesses or cheer JA & her side. I suppose they might get more in depth in their Vent Room....? Oh, who cares!

tsitra01 and Becky Sharp So sorry for your loss.

I read once a saying about lost loved ones. One shouldn't go looking for them in the dark but should search out light and laughter and they will still be found there. I always found that thought rather comforting. Remember the good things and it will help.

DM's brilliant presentation means it won't take much reading between the lines for the jury to understand an incomplete but telling enough narrative of what happened between Travis and the woman who murdered him.

JA met Travis and immediately decided she would marry him. Travis was very attracted to her, saw lots of qualities in her he found admirable, and for a few months may actually have loved her.

Her BPD prevented their relationship from developing into one that was exclusive and committed. The more desperately she tried to draw him in deeper, the further away he fled from having any meaningful relationship with her at all.

His withdrawal caused her to panic. She moved to Mesa although he told her he didnt want her to. He told her to date other people, and he did so himself. JA couldn't tolerate that that Travis wanted to be with anyone else. She spied on him when he was with another woman, may have slashed his tires, likely invaded his privacy on many occasions, and went into his house, uninvited.

The more intrusive she became the less likely it was that Travis would want to be in a relationship with her, but she persisted. Travis was torn. He liked having sex with her enough that he continued to do so, even though that caused him problems within his church. He also seemed to want to help her. Its possible that he was afraid to cut her off completely because he was afraid she would harm or even kill herself.

Its unclear whether or not JA actually thought Travis wanted to resume a relationship with her. She said both things- that Travis kept asking her to marry him, and that both were moving on. Travis seems to have made it obvious that he was increasingly focused on getting married, and not to her. If she didn't understand that, it wasn't because he didn't tell her.

That's where the narrative ends. Still nothing of those 1000 miles or of the premeditation, or of the murder.

Its a narrative that makes sense, ties everything together, humanizes Travis, and doesn't demonize JA. The contrast to the DT's cartoon story of Dr. Jeckyl, Mr. Hyde, and a shrinking violet victimized murderer couldn't be any greater.

Itsy, I just noticed your signature... I love it. :)

TY - I had to think for a minute because I can't see it - it's poofed with my Thanks button.

That's left over from the CA trial. Here's hoping I can change it after this one. At this point,
I'd be happy with LWOP. I do understand the Alexander family wanting the DP, and I'd love
to be there if it ever happened, but the $$$!! Thank goodness Apple is coming to Mesa! :)

I know it is late night, and I do not want to make anyone crazy.

Is Geffner's graph available?

Looking for the DATES for those 12 women that Travis contacted.

My husband thinks he was at his wit's end,...begging for advice...hoping to find a sensible solution with his F. friends, without actually calling the police.

TIA!

RIP Travis...We WILL get there

I'd love to see the graph. And I agree with your husband. :)

To me, deep down TA wanted to find a wife and get married because he figured that would Jodi off his back. But, nope, instead of pushing her away, it only made her comeback with more force.

And, as per DM they were both into the sex. It was not a one-sided thing like Nurmi and his experts say.

I know it is late night, and I do not want to make anyone crazy.

Is Geffner's graph available?

Looking for the DATES for those 12 women that Travis contacted.

My husband thinks he was at his wit's end,...begging for advice...hoping to find a sensible solution with his F. friends, without actually calling the police.

TIA!

RIP Travis...We WILL get there

I think that's exactly right, Travis only voiced his suspicions and fears to his friends but never actually sought out the help he needed... i.e., the police. Unfortunately, IMO, sweet Travis was, first, used to being independent and handling things on his own because he seems to have grown up having to depend a lot on only himself. He was the typical manly man. Second, he also was very kind, forgiving and compassionate towards people , unfortunately including CMJA. In his wildest dreams I don't think he ever believed she would ever actually do what she did to him. :( :cry:

Does anyone know if there was a restraining order for JA that was too prejudicial to bring in for trial? Or did TA have a hard time getting one since she lived in Yreaka? That would be interesting if that happened and I'm aware that solid proof could have been brought up here years ago. Please give me a break please, it's been almost 7 years. I'm old too, older than dirt, j/k. CA isn't all that friendly with stuff like that. Public records and all. RO's are on a record for the public here but no detail really.

OR calling Dr. DeMarte a bi**h, as JW looked for papers which she offered to let Dr. DeMarte see, and then, when JW had to search for on the podium, JW said such a not so nice word. It is in a video from the first trial, just not sure which one. I did watch it several times, even the felon and LKN reacted to the word, with the felon getting a grin on her face and it is heard on tape...yes, you can see JW saying it. Such a nice set of defense lawyers. Not a way to get a point across to save your client!

Here it is...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En7UIKNzwg4

I'm here Becky. i've followed the trial since the beginning but haven't posted but a few times since my DH died. My heart goes out to Travis' family. Its heartbreaking to lose someone you care about and love. DM has made such a pleasant change from the DT experts. Yes, Martinez can become very aggressive but from what I see its been called for when he has had to deal with DT experts who are showing their bias and not being honest. So obvious too. Now Wilmott and Nurmi different story. They come out with attitudes. Wilma with her brattie mouth and Nurmi with his slimey mouth. They didn't learn their lesson in the results of the first trial and now doing it again. Almost hilarious watching them try so hard to copy the excellence of Martinez. JA might not end up getting the DP but it won't be because of her attorneys. She will be put away though much to the relief of so many.

Tis lovely to have u here. So very sorry for the loss of your DH and I hope you find some measure of comfort being here with such a truly warm group of folks who are randomly bound together in the pursuit of justice.

Hard to believe, eh?

I hope Travis' family felt some small measure of relief. Like someone else commented earlier, Travis finally came alive for me, too. He was kindhearted and Jodi took great advantage. For her, he was her winning lotto ticket, not the other way around. And I think he did try to love her, too bad she really does not have any guilt over what she did. I wish she was able to experience nightmares. But, she has no soul.

I came across this article and in light of your last comment thought you might find it interesting, it's all about:

"How can we make sense of their seeming lack of profoundly human, universal feelings like empathy, guilt, remorse or shame? Though I (nor any other mental health professional) cannot provide a detailed and accurate psychological evaluation of defendants (or former defendants) without having first formally examined them myself, there is clearly much to learn from observing these tragic cases. So let us sum up what little we do know and consider what these murder cases might have in common and what they can tell us about human nature and criminal psychology."

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/evil-deeds/201305/jodi-joran-and-casey-the-psychology-evil

While Nurmi is throwing those little jabs at the good Dr. I would love to know what her opinion ( professional opinion) of Nurmi is!!!!

Oh, to know her opinion of both of the DT peeps (& MDLR) would be priceless! I'm sure tho' that WE'ers have long ago accurately assessed and diagnosed the team. And it sure ain't kind.

I'm here, fellow Canuck!!!! Been reading off and on since 2:00 pm PST, enjoyed several glasses of vino and ready and raring too....
VVish I could think of a vvord to let you know I remember you from vvay back vvhen....

Hi Elaine,

VVhat is this vvino that you speak of? Just vvondering . . .

Thanks, tsitra01

I wrote a reply to your post but that too, went poof. Don't know if the problem is my computer or the website.

I'm so sorry to read about your loss. My heart goes out to you--truly. For what it's worth, my much adored older sister suddenly died a few months ago and I'm still trying to deal with her death. I wonder if that is why some or even many of us are members here--we're trying to wrap our minds around the bad s**t that life arbitrarily throws at us.

Rest assured, however, that we have known genuine love. We've given our heart to others and had the love reciprocated. Big hugs to you.

Somehow, back in April 2013, I had a feeling that I wish I knew Becky Sharp in real life. Thank you for confirming my intuition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseHase