Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding duplicate posts, i know its so irritating when it happens and with me today, my posts are taking forever to go through. Maybe it isn't WS. Maybe my computer. Seems very slow. I hope all this improves before trial.

About Jeff Gold, I will try to listen to his comments. Maybe I misjudged him. Didn't like his tweets but MeeBee said he really is anti Jodi. I trust her.

I don't like the tweets, and I got frustrated yesterday but yeah, I guess in time they will get better. I am quite sure the journalists are very bored being there. :)

Regarding duplicate posts, i know its so irritating when it happens and with me today, my posts are taking forever to go through. Maybe it isn't WS. Maybe my computer. Seems very slow. I hope all this improves before trial.

About Jeff Gold, I will try to listen to his comments. Maybe I misjudged him. Didn't like his tweets but MeeBee said he really is anti Jodi. I trust her.

I don't like the tweets, and I got frustrated yesterday but yeah, I guess in time they will get better. I am quite sure the journalists are very bored being there. :)

Yeah, A couple of Jeff's tweets bordered on possibly liking Jodi in some sort of weird physical connection. I think he has been talking too much with Keifer. When Keifer was gone yesterday and told us to follow Jeff instead, it proved those 2 talk together. I think Keifer gave Jeff some of his cool aide. LOL

Realize that Jeff Gold has irritated some by some twitter comments, but I found his online discussion about events of today helpful. There is a small bit in the middle about another case, but then he goes back to JA trial so keep listening. He discusses observations on her demeanor, grouping potential jurists, what we can expect on challenges, the NZ witness, his guess if JSS has to decide LWOP, thoughts on DV victims as jurists and what was behind his comments on her physical appearance . You can find it here: http://www.spreecast.com/events/the-gold-patrol-jodi-tre

WOW!!!!!! Thank you so much for this video. Very interesting! I was one of those bothered by his tweets. After watching this video I've changed my mind about him. Someone yesterday posted he usually gives some good information, I believe he did that in this video. I liked that he explained about the no parole issue here in AZ. Thanks again :-)

I am somewhat confused. Does this panel of jurists have to have no prior knowledge of the case? She has already been found guilty, so why would that be necessary? They will only have to decide whether her guilt was cruel enough to warrant life or death, either way behind bars. Just what are the requirements for a jury in this stage of a trial?

Rose is right. The jurors can have prior knowledge of the case. They can even feel the original jury got it right. There was even a woman yesterday who thought Jodi was guilty and the murder was cruel. She made it through to round three. They simply have to be able to keep an open mind about the punishment. That's it.

WOW!!!!!! Thank you so much for this video. Very interesting! I was one of those bothered by his tweets. After watching this video I've changed my mind about him. Someone yesterday posted he usually gives some good information, I believe he did that in this video. I liked that he explained about the no parole issue here in AZ. Thanks again :-)

Yes, his tweets are always a little off the wall for whatever reason but he is a very knowledgable man who explains things very well and was and has been against Jodi all the way. I asked him myself on twitter what he thinks of the motion filed by the DT. He said "don't think it will fly." I like Jeff Gold a lot.

It's not just you Curious. Every once in a while the site will freeze up, slow down, take forever to post, post duplicates even if I only click the button once, etc. The site is just buggy.

If I was Juan I would be worried about any of the jurors with past domestic violence. I only worry because I fear they may transpose their situation on top of Jodi's situation and sympathise with her. I fear some people that did not watch the first trial would not realize it was totally unsubstantiated allegations with not 1 bit of evidence to support it.

I cant speak for the jurors who have suffered domestic violence but I can express my own point of view since I am a domestic violence survivor.

Genuine DV survivors come to have a sixth sense due to their prolonged abuse situation. They are more often that not the very first ones who sees through 'the mud'(BS) when it is thrown out as an 'excuse' by a murder defendant, imo.

We have to remember these potential jurors are sitting there to be selected for a criminal case. Which means they, even though maybe severely abused, did NOT resort to murder. Therefore; they are not going to have anything in common with a murderer who did. They do not think murder is the answer so they are far far different in JA before this phase even begins.

I remember in this case and the Mary Winkler case it brought out DV survivors in droves voicing their total disdain for both defendants who pretended they were abused without one piece of evidence supporting it anywhere. :mad: The vast majority of DV victims overwhelmingly did NOT believe either woman. In fact when Oprah dared to interview MW in her weird interview it caused such a ruckus that DV survivors crashed Oprah's website when they lashed into Oprah for even having the lying cold blooded murderer on her show.

What Juan needs to do is throw it back into the DTs face. The one who truly was a domestic violence victim was Travis and Travis only. Dr. DeMarte or another mental health expert needs to list all of the things that Arias did even before she slaughtered Travis that shows SHE is a DV victimizer/abuser. All of the traits are there and she meets the profile to a T. Those who have experienced DV will have more in common with Travis and none with the murderer. They know all too well the abuser always blames the victim.

Like I said, I cant speak for the jury, but if I was selected to be on this case by me being a TRUE DV survivor it would not bode well for the defendant whatsoever. It is people like Winkler and Arias who lie in order to get away with murder who has hurt true DV victims who have actually suffered from horrific abuses. By lying through their teeth by using DV only as an excuse to get away with cold blooded premeditated murder it is a slap in the face to every genuine DV victim who has survived it.

Travis' murder had nothing to do with Arias being abused. It has everything to do with what can happen when an obsessive, stalking sociopath is rejected and is no longer wanted in the life of the victim they murder. Juan needs to drive that point home over and over again because therein lies the real truth why Travis was slaughtered. The jurors who have suffered true DV knows the most dangerous time in a victim's life is when they dare finally tell their abuser they no longer want them in their life.

IMO

Jodi was definitely a very sturdy looking woman. Even during her trial when she lost all that weight she looked strong, big hands, muscular arms, and tall. It was commented on before how freakishly strong she was.

I cant speak for the jurors who have suffered domestic violence but I can express my own point of view since I am a domestic violence survivor.

Genuine DV survivors come to have a sixth sense due to their prolonged abuse situation. They are more often that not the very first ones who sees through 'the mud'(BS) when it is thrown out as an 'excuse' by a murder defendant, imo.

We have to remember these potential jurors are sitting there to be selected for a criminal case. Which means they, even though maybe severely abused, did NOT resort to murder. Therefore; they are not going to have anything in common with a murderer who did. They do not think murder is the answer so they are far far different in JA before this phase even begins.

I remember in this case and the Mary Winkler case it brought out DV survivors in droves voicing their total disdain for both defendants who pretended they were abused without one piece of evidence supporting it anywhere. :mad: The vast majority of DV victims overwhelmingly did NOT believe either woman. In fact when Oprah dared to interview MW in her weird interview it caused such a ruckus that DV survivors crashed Oprah's website when they lashed into Oprah for even having the lying cold blooded murderer on her show.

What Juan needs to do is throw it back into the DTs face. The one who truly was a domestic violence victim was Travis and Travis only. Dr. DeMarte or another mental health expert needs to list all of the things that Arias did even before she slaughtered Travis that shows SHE is a DV victimizer/abuser. All of the traits are there and she meets the profile to a T. Those who have experienced DV will have more in common with Travis and none with the murderer. They know all too well the abuser always blames the victim.

Like I said, I cant speak for the jury, but if I was selected to be on this case by me being a TRUE DV survivor it would not bode well for the defendant whatsoever. It is people like Winkler and Arias who lie in order to get away with murder who has hurt true DV victims who have actually suffered from horrific abuses. By lying through their teeth by using DV only as an excuse to get away with cold blooded premeditated murder it is a slap in the face to every genuine DV victim who has survived it.

Travis' murder had nothing to do with Arias being abused. It has everything to do with what can happen when an obsessive, stalking sociopath is rejected and is no longer wanted in the life of the victim they murder. Juan needs to drive that point home over and over again because therein lies the real truth why Travis was slaughtered. The jurors who have suffered true DV knows the most dangerous time in a victim's life is when they dare finally tell their abuser they no longer want them in their life.

IMO

Great post ocean, and I'm so sorry for anyone who has to go what you went through.

BBM: exactly. So true. This was TA's doom.

Ocean always has great posts. Checking in. I have to focus on work today. I know I say that everyday.
Getting closer.

Realize that Jeff Gold has irritated some by some twitter comments, but I found his online discussion about events of today helpful. There is a small bit in the middle about another case, but then he goes back to JA trial so keep listening. He discusses observations on her demeanor, grouping potential jurists, what we can expect on challenges, the NZ witness, his guess if JSS has to decide LWOP, thoughts on DV victims as jurists and what was behind his comments on her physical appearance . You can find it here: http://www.spreecast.com/events/the-gold-patrol-jodi-tre

Thank you! A bit repetitious but for those who are not able to watch it here are some of the things he said:

1. JA came in feeling high but as time went by she appeared to be more sober.
2. Jeff thinks that the motion filed by JA might (it's only a GUESS based on the fact that another Judge will address it) concern Judge Stephens. JA might have some issues with the Judge.
3. Jeff says he's an observer and this is why he mentioned seeing her neck and face. He says after months of looking at the her back and hair he got to see more of Arias. Again, he's just observing.
4. Jeff says JA is a master manipulator.
5. He thinks jurors are grouped by objections (DV victims in one group etc.)
6. He doesn't know much about the NZ witness. Juan is supposed to go to California to interview a witness. He's not sure if it's the same one.
7. The parties will, over the weekend, study the profiles of the jurors to see which ones they like best, which ones they do not want at any cost etc.
8. He says the odds that JA will get the death penalty are slim. He believes the Judge will give Arias LWOP. Says parole doesn't exist in Arizona. What does exist is more akin to clemency. Clemency is an executive function (concerns the prosecutor, governor etc.) rather than a Judicial function so it's similar to Parole in this regard. However, Clemency involves a much higher standard. No way will Arias ever get it. Don't fret says Jeff!
8. Motion to dismiss DP will not be granted. He thinks the Defense lawyers are great and doing whatever they can to help Arias. They should have gone with the mental defect defense but JA would never have agreed to it.
9. He's not sure about DV survivors being on the jury. On the one hand, they may identify with Arias. On the other hand, real victims might see through Arias and the games she's playing.
10. He says some of Travis' texts were abusive. He knew how to pull Arias' chains. This gave ALV something to talk about.

Regarding a psychologist being on the jury. My brother is one and I have known many.
no, no, no! They are all looking to excuse ANY behavior. Please Juan, strike this Psychologist!

@TrialDiariesJ: Last day for jury selection today and the final jury pool come back Oct. 16th. Stay tuned for updates #jodiarias

Thank you! A bit repetitious but for those who are not able to watch it here are some of the things he said:

1. JA came in feeling high but as time went by she appeared to be more sober.
2. Jeff thinks that the motion filed by JA might (it's only a GUESS based on the fact that another Judge will address it) concern Judge Stephens. JA might have some issues with the Judge.
3. Jeff says he's an observer and this is why he mentioned seeing her neck and face. He says after months of looking at the her back and hair he got to see more of Arias. Again, he's just observing.
4. Jeff says JA is a master manipulator.
5. He thinks jurors are grouped by objections (DV victims in one group etc.)
6. He doesn't know much about the NZ witness. Juan is supposed to go to California to interview a witness. He's not sure if it's the same one.
7. The parties will, over the weekend, study the profiles of the jurors to see which ones they like best, which ones they do not want at any cost etc.
8. He says the odds that JA will get the death penalty are slim. He believes the Judge will give Arias LWOP. Says parole doesn't exist in Arizona. What does exist is more akin to clemency. Clemency is an executive function (concerns the prosecutor, governor etc.) rather than a Judicial function so it's similar to Parole in this regard. However, Clemency involves a much higher standard. No way will Arias ever get it. Don't fret says Jeff!
8. Motion to dismiss DP will not be granted. He thinks the Defense lawyers are great and doing whatever they can to help Arias. They should have gone with the mental defect defense but JA would never have agreed to it.
9. He's not sure about DV survivors being on the jury. On the one hand, they may identify with Arias. On the other hand, real victims might see through Arias and the games she's playing.
10. He says some of Travis' texts were abusive. He knew how to pull Arias' chains. This gave ALV something to talk about.

Lets go with #10 for a moment. Let's say he called her a who---. I bet she encouraged it! When he called her a three hole wonder...I bet she laughed about it. (I, on the other hand, would have walked fast and hard away from anyone who said this but that is me.). Maybe he got sick of the sex and told her that is all she or he were to one another. All good reasons to walk away. But she wanted control. The man, his lifestyle, his friends, all of it. What I am saying is I would never, ever hunt down someone and kill them! And don't forget she planned it. She slaughtered him because he made her feel bad about herself? She participated in those demeaning things! Ugh. Jeff please, you are such a guy...not thinking with your brain.
as for ALV, she is a wolf is sleeps clothing.

This woman does not look like a diminutive waif to me. During the first trial, some people wondered how such a small woman could have "overpowered" Alexander. In the social media pics I've seen of them together (and she seemed very fond of those), she wasn't much shorter than he was. They were close to the same height. And her frame is hardly that of a wilting flower. ETA: Add the weapons.

View attachment 60818
Why is she wearing an engagement ring?

YESorNO's List of Tweeters:

Originally Posted by YESorNO (As far as I know) Tweeting Live #jodiarias

Monica Lindstrom ‏@monicalindstrom

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial

Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq

Katie Conner ‏@KatieJConner

KTAR News on 92.3 ‏@KTAR923

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ

AZ Family ‏@azfamily

Dave Erickson ‏@ericksonvision

I passed out last night and missed half the day. Did anything interesting happen?

Must stay awake tonight

Regarding a psychologist being on the jury. My brother is one and I have known many.
no, no, no! They are all looking to excuse ANY behavior. Please Juan, strike this Psychologist!

:seeya: I totally agree, CII !

:grouphug: And hope you are feeling better !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member