Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Is JA still being housed in jail as opposed to prison?
2. In her own cell, no cellmate/s?
3. Limited contact with others?
TIA

Yes, yes, and yes.

@ericksonvision: Martinez has been so increasingly sarcastic in his tone with this juror, that the juror is starting to sound feisty back. #jodiarias

@jeffgoldesq: Let be honest about #JodiArias & death penalty. She wants men who think she's hot like last foreman, and Dr Samuels ... and LaViolette :-0

BBM--Clearly there is something Juan has picked up with this juror, hence the tough approach. I completely trust the skill and intuition of this man to make purposeful and intelligent choices as the voice and representative of the victim. Nothing is coincidental with the master chess player that is Juan Martinez, he is on a mission to ensure that justice is served.

@ericksonvision: Court is back in session for #jodiarias. Quick recap, Arias speaks, Martinez objects, Willmott asks a juror a question, Martinez objects.

MC Superior Court ‏@courtpio · 21m21 minutes ago
Jury selection for State v #JodiArias resumes.

@ericksonvision: Disregard my last tweet gang, I was recapping yesterday to bring you up to speed, but some thought it was a current play by play #jodiarias

I thought it was too lol. I was all, she tried to talk again?

@ericksonvision: Disregard my last tweet gang, I was recapping yesterday to bring you up to speed, but some thought it was a current play by play #jodiarias

I thought it was too lol. I was all, she tried to talk again?

I did too! I even tried to re-post it here, then I deleted it because you're so fast MeeBee. :)

Beth Karas @BethKaras · 1m 1 minute ago

It appears attorneys are exercising their strikes today in #jodiarias in private. Jury will be selected soon but not sworn until 10/16.

So sounds like we're not gonna get much right now.

Will all the jurors not picked be told ahead of time never mind about Oct. 16 or will they still be called in and told right away they're no longer needed?

So sounds like we're not gonna get much right now.

Will all the jurors not picked be told ahead of time never mind about Oct. 16 or will they still be called in and told right away they're no longer needed?

Don't know, MeeBee, but the speed of this process has really been impressive.

Could they actually finish the jury selection process today?!

Beth Karas
16 mins ·

Court resumed at 3 pm local time. The attorneys were at a long sidebar then the judge cleared the courtroom. Media are in the hall. It appears that the attorneys will exercise their strikes today--not on 10/16--though we will not know who's on the final jury until 10/16. On that day, the jury will be sworn. In sum, the attorneys are exercising their peremptory challenges today. No jurors are now at the courthouse. Forty five of them are returning next week. Twelve plus a number of alternates (not sure how many) will be sworn as the panel on Oct. 16. We expect argument on at least one motion before Oct.16 though the schedule keeps changing. I'll update as I get more information.

@jeffgoldesq: @THEGOLDPATROL EXCLUSIVE: In Secret FB #JodiArias supporter group, some want the death penalty! With friends like that who needs enemies!

Beth Karas
16 mins ·

Court resumed at 3 pm local time. The attorneys were at a long sidebar then the judge cleared the courtroom. Media are in the hall. It appears that the attorneys will exercise their strikes today--not on 10/16--though we will not know who's on the final jury until 10/16. On that day, the jury will be sworn. In sum, the attorneys are exercising their peremptory challenges today. No jurors are now at the courthouse. Forty five of them are returning next week. Twelve plus a number of alternates (not sure how many) will be sworn as the panel on Oct. 16. We expect argument on at least one motion before Oct.16 though the schedule keeps changing. I'll update as I get more information.
Hope the 23-year-old male gets kicked off.

@jeffgoldesq: @THEGOLDPATROL EXCLUSIVE: In Secret FB #JodiArias supporter group, some want the death penalty! With friends like that who needs enemies!
Sounds like the nuts are starting to crack. :crazy:

@monicalindstrom: The attys each have 10 strikes and will use them after all “for cause” jurors are released. This is done numerically. #JodiArias

@monicalindstrom: So the first 38 jurors that are left, in numerical order, are the legible jury pool #Jodiarias

@monicalindstrom: AZ Rules of Crim Pro state that each side gets 10 peremptory strikes on a case punishable by death. that equals 20 total #jodiarias

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sodapop99