Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, they said they were doing strikes yesterday and the left over ones, in numerical order, would be the jury and they'd be sworn in on the 16th. So makes sense.

I have been reviewing JA's cross-examination, and it's so much more insightful now than it was before. Mainly because I know what the lies are now, whereas before it was unfolding and hard to see. It is so interesting to see JA lying, in action, because now her body language and actual language are so much easier to interpret.

But, for you slueths --- does anybody know why Matt McCartney was not called? He was the first one to receive a call from JA as she was escaping Arizona. She remembers calling, so that would be the first known conversation post-fog. He was a trusted person. He could talk about her state of mind. And, he was involved in the botched message conspiracy and perhaps the letters, so Juan had a lot of leverage over him. But, yet, nothing. No testimony, no prosecution for the conspiracy, no nothing.

Sorry if this has been covered. Will we hear from Matt in the next phase? Why is Juan treating Matt with such soft gloves?

I wonder if the young Mormon male made it? I hope not!

Snipped....

The jury does need to be impartial about whether to impose life or death until they hear the penalty phase evidence.

I know, I know. It's like watching a rerun and being told you have to wait until the end to decide whether you like the movie or not, when you have already seen the movie the first time around and formed your opinion. Crazy, but I guess it works because they are going to try this phase again. jmo

Juan said he would have him up on charges of perjury before his feet hit the ground.

I believe this was regarding the forged letters.

After this, we'll continue to read about Jodi because of appeals.

----------
Hi TartLemon, I don't know about AZ. but Scott P. who received D/P in Calif..tried for an appeal. His mother was trying to raise money for it, I think she said it cost about $30,000. for D.P. appellate lawyers. Oh yes he was Denied.. They also get one free with DP..:laughing::laughing:

Just browsing Twitter and this popped up...this guy has to be a troll right?[emoji2][emoji15]
7a3a2apa.jpg

Josie I tried tro write but my computer keeps erasing! Govt.... :laughcry:

Justice4Travis ‏@Justice4TravisA 16m16 minutes ago

It looks like we have our jury!

A panel of 18 was selected behind closed doors and will be sworn in Oct. 16.

https://www.facebook.com/Justice4Travis

I can't find anything else on this????

#JodiArias

These are posted on the docket but no corresponding minute entries have appeared yet:

10/9/2014 012 - ME: Trial - Party (001) 10/9/2014
10/9/2014 023 - ME: Order Entered By Court - Party (001) 10/9/2014

I think his 9 our of 10 days remark was SOLELY because he figured that by then the jurors had no good thoughts about Jodi, and he was trying to empathize with them and show that they should do their job and be fair even if they disliked her. IMO, he hoped to impress upon the jury that he defended her and continues to plead her case, even though he may not like her. And I am not convinced he told JA beforehand that he was going to say it.

It occurred to me that we won't have to wait long to find out if the, "Nine days out of ten" comment was discussed with Arias. If the ungrateful brat didn't know, she'll use it to attack Nurmi. If she knew beforehand - she'll claim it was an unhelpful strategy, incompetence - leading to prejudice the jury her. Arias will flip any argument, reverse diagnosis from her own experts, stop at nothing to avoid the death penalty. Nothing.

Just watching cross again where Juan talks about the 'I'll whatever you in the nose Travis' text message. It got me thinking...Arias has been hell-bent on telling the world (right that from the start, even before the self-defense story)that Travis was the jealous type. She told us that she was the one resisting and pulling away. We all know that’s a lie. Arias used the text messages and emails where Travis appears to be angry at the mention of other men as proof that Travis was very jealous and possessive. What was really happening (to put it into context, as ALV would say) was that Arias was trying every trick in the book to stay relevant in Travis’ life.What Arias did to keep in touch with Travis and to pull his chains was to constantly make up stories. She’d tell Travis all about the men who wanted her for a wife. This was not the part that upset Travis. Arias would go on to say that she was told that Travis didn’t deserve her, that Travis was a bad person etc. I can imagine her saying something like ‘ I REALLY need to talk to you. It's for your own benefit. This guy I met really likes me and says you’re no good for me. In fact, he said something really terrible about you but I don’t want to tell you what it is’. Naturally, this would upset Travis and he’d ask her who said what and why. I think this is what happened when Travis told Arias to go be intimate in the woods with another guy. It was not jealousy. He was sick of Arias making up crazy stories. JA harassed him. I think she frequently toyed with him regarding his reputation by claiming that so and so told her something really terrible about him. That’s one way she found to keep in touch with him. The other was sex. Travis wasn’t jealous of Arias’ interest in other men. He was just sick of her endless mind games and stalking behaviour.

No. He said it to the jury during opening or closing statements. Something similar to what Nurmi said. It makes sense for a lawyer to say that when you have a wildly unpopular client.

I bet Arias approved of it back then. Remember how she smiled a sheepish smile when Juan got her to admit that some of the creative ideas that she came up with in the sex tape were just fantasies and nothing more 'Yeah, they were just fantasies... :)' Like she's so honest and self-reflective and can admit her own shortcomings. Yeah right.

Day 2 of jury selection.

It occurred to me that we won't have to wait long to find out if the, "Nine days out of ten" comment was discussed with Arias. If the ungrateful brat didn't know, she'll use it to attack Nurmi. If she knew beforehand - she'll claim it was an unhelpful strategy, incompetence - leading to prejudice the jury her. Arias will flip any argument, reverse diagnosis from her own experts, stop at nothing to avoid the death penalty. Nothing.

The only reason I believe the comment caught the killer by surprise is the way she smiled. It was weird looking, unlike any smile I had ever seen on her. And IMO it is because it was genuine...real. In all her interviews, in her mugshot, in all the *glam* photos of her that I have seen, anywhere she has smiled it always looked posed. She smiles in court at JW and they all look like rehearsed poses to me. But that smile was...different. I think it happened without prior thought.

That is my view of something that others saw differently. I respect their opinions as I reserve the right to have my own.

These are posted on the docket but no corresponding minute entries have appeared yet:

10/9/2014 023 - ME: Order Entered By Court - Party (001) 10/9/2014

Those are the ones YorN already posted yesterday. I know the docket dates are 1 day off, but that's because the site for the docket listings and the site for the minute entries are run by different entities, apparently just to make everything a little less efficient and accurate. One way you can tell they are the same orders is that one of the 3 released yesterday had the "023" docket code on the bottom margin.

I think she'll use it to attack Nurmi whether she approved it ahead of time or not. You think she'll suddenly develop an aversion to lying? ;)

Does anyone have an idea as to who the State's witness is in CA?

Does anyone have an idea as to who the State's witness is in CA?
Isn't it possible it could be that Mormon Bishop? (the one the defense wanted and he refused and JM wanted to question him)

So, what about the killer and her borderline personality disorder? Originally, borderline was so called because it was a disturbance bordering on psychosis. Right on the edge. B.P.D.s form immediate attachments. They idealize the other person and their feeling is intense. The connection becomes stormy if Borderline perceives a slight or a separation occurs or a conflict arises. Emotions shift to intense anger & dislike.

We can see this in the killer's relationship to Nurmi, where she fought hard to keep him, he was "the only one" who could prepare her case & represent her. By contrast, look at them now. B.P.D.s view the world in extremes: all good or all bad. We've seen her relate to her family members in these same modes. Of course, it was conspicuous in her treatment of Travis Alexander.

Borderlines are prone to unstable moods that last for hours, as well as episodes of impulsive aggression. Their actions are unpredictable. There is distortion in their sense of self, evident in Arias, who is a narcissist. Their goals change, as was apparent when she was following The Law of Attraction and The Secret. Values undergo change and she professed such reformation owing to her Mormon studies & baptism.

Cognition, i.e., perception, reasoning & intuition are all gnarled & deformed due to her perspective on the world. In jail, she is being given drugs for this and to stabilize her moods. I would have included the explanation of her disordered personality in the post on psychological mitigation but I was running long as it was. Also, I realize Sleuths bring their own opinions on Borderlines to the topic.

Drugs can help stabilize mood but the major Borderline symptoms are behavioral and do not respond to medication. This is why most psychiatrists prefer to treat any mood disorder over BPD. Behavior modification is difficult enough for most citizens; it is near impossible for one who remains immature emotionally, whether by choice or by circumstance.

There is a contradiction in the very thought process of BPD persons, much like "I hate you; don't leave me." Imagine living your life this way. Some work hard to get better because they want to. Others may not do as well because they don't have to. It is obvious which one the killer is.

I think she'll use it to attack Nurmi whether she approved it ahead of time or not. You think she'll suddenly develop an aversion to lying? ;)

Isn't the 9 out of 10 days comment already listed as one of the killer's gripes? IIRC it was in her handwritten motion to the court to dump Nurmi... maybe the most recent one. I am not sure if that is the right document but I could swear I saw it listed, in her hand, somewhere recently.

Isn't the 9 out of 10 days comment already listed as one of the killer's gripes? IIRC it was in her handwritten motion to the court to dump Nurmi... maybe the most recent one. I am not sure if that is the right document but I could swear I saw it listed, in her hand, somewhere recently.

Yes, I think it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member