Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The State wants the Death Penalty, the Alexanders want the Death Penalty, and so do I! Jodi cannot plea to anything. Bring it on!!!

Yep, I know that. That's why I was asking what could JA do to "stop the train" as someone mentioned. If she can't plea, she has to carry on with the penalty phase.

Yep, I know that. That's why I was asking what could JA do to "stop the train" as someone mentioned. If she can't plea, she has to carry on with the penalty phase.

I don't think pleaing was beyond possibility. It was simply that both sides could not agree to the terms. They probably offered a plea to each other and they rejected them. So on we go.

@BethKaras
Another juror now in the box, alone. She knew Nancy Grace was in Phoenix. Didn't watch a lot of trial-watched at night. #jodiarias
10/7/14, 4:29 PM

If I was Juan I would be worried about any of the jurors with past domestic violence. I only worry because I fear they may transpose their situation on top of Jodi's situation and sympathise with her. I fear some people that did not watch the first trial would not realize it was totally unsubstantiated allegations with not 1 bit of evidence to support it.

The tweets are really losing me because one will say a female juror is being questioned about DV and then it will talk about a male juror "really knowing his stuff". How are we supposed to be able to follow all this during the actual court trial? I am sure it was the intention of JSS to make us not care any longer about the judicial system and whether it works or she would not have made this decision to keep live cameras out of courtroom. I will always disrespect her for that. As far as following the trial, she may get her wish. I am just about over it. This has nothing to do with how hard anyone is trying to keep us updated, or how hard you all are working to post the tweets. My criticism is strictly of JSS. I just don't care about JA anymore. I hope to one day wake up to hear she is off to Perryville and no one will care anymore.

@TrialDiariesJ: Potential juror says "you can't believe everything you hear" #jodiarias

@ericksonvision
Potential #jodiarias juror says she watches @NancyGraceHLN. Nurmi asks,"Will her derisive & unflattering comments affect your impartiality?"
10/7/14, 4:29 PM

I don't think pleaing was beyond possibility. It was simply that both sides could not agree to the terms. They probably offered a plea to each other and they rejected them. So on we go.
It's up to the Prosecution to offer/accept any plea deals. Usually they are offered when the body isn't found. In this case, it was never a who-dunnit and Travis's body was left there. There was plenty of evidence. Strong case, no reason to plea down. Jodi could have plead Guilty to avoid the initial trial, but we'd still be at this phase.

I'm done with Twitter. This is making me dizzy and grumpy. Thanks everyone who does this! It's much easier to follow along on WS.

@monicalindstrom: Juror says if she wasn't there she can't form her opinion on something she saw on TV, she is definitely in the minority on that!

If I was Juan I would be worried about any of the jurors with past domestic violence. I only worry because I fear they may transpose their situation on top of Jodi's situation and sympathise with her. I fear some people that did not watch the first trial would not realize it was totally unsubstantiated allegations with not 1 bit of evidence to support it.

I think many would be more likely to identify with Travis.

Plus what Jodi describes as abusive is probably no where near what these women suffered.

It's up to the Prosecution to offer/accept any plea deals. Usually they are offered when the body isn't found. In this case, it was never a who-dunnit and Travis's body was left there. There was plenty of evidence. Strong case, no reason to plea down. Jodi could have plead Guilty to avoid the initial trial, but we'd still be at this phase.

I'm talking about a sentencing plea. Again, I don't think Juan didn't offer one or wouldn't take one. They just wouldn't except his terms, which probably entailed nothing less than LWOP and no appeals.

I know accepting a guilt plea would have been stupid with this evidence.

I think many would be more likely to identify with Travis.

I think that's possible, for sure. But I've also seen DV victims who see all men as abusers and all women as victims and feel if a woman kills a man and claims abuse, he must have done something to deserve it. It's hard for them to separate their experience from other people's.

I hope it's dawning on JA that her DV lies have been completely transparent and offensive to real victims, who are everywhere.

I wish but I think if anything she is thinking "See? See how prevalent it is? I was abused." And it does seem to be quite prevalent. I'm afraid someone will slip thru onto panel and that will be that.

Also! I think y'all have Jeff Gold all wrong. He seems aware of Jodi's looks but says the crime was too brutal and the pictures he's seen too gruesome for him to ever find her attractive.

I can only speak for myself when I say I found some of his tweets inappropriate. But willing to concede that I could be all wrong.

@TrialDiariesJ: Potential juror said she doesn't think released after 25 years is long enough #jodiarias

I can only speak for myself when I say I found some of his tweets inappropriate. But willing to concede that I could be all wrong.

They were strange. I'm just saying I think people have him wrong. I don't think he is attracted to either JA or JW or anything like that. Anyone who's read his other tweets would know he actually has a strong hatred of JA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth