Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think pleaing was beyond possibility. It was simply that both sides could not agree to the terms. They probably offered a plea to each other and they rejected them. So on we go.

I was under the impression that no plea was ever offered. The Alexander Family didn't want one offered to her. Was there a plea deal offered way back when?

I think that's possible, for sure. But I've also seen DV victims who see all men as abusers and all women as victims and feel if a woman kills a man and claims abuse, he must have done something to deserve it. It's hard for them to separate their experience from other people's.

BBM: Yeah, that's true. Alyce La Violette, for example. She may not have been a DV victim herself, but she worked with DV victims and she seemed to have that kind of bias.

@TrialDiariesJ: Nurmi is explaining she will just vote life or death and judge makes final decision if life w/ no release or life w/ release #jodiarias

I was under the impression that no plea was ever offered. The Alexander Family didn't want one offered to her. Was there a plea deal offered way back when?

I'm talking about after the conviction, a sentencing plea. We don't know if one was ever offered because the settlement conference was sealed. But it wouldn't surprise me.

A guilt plea was offered by the DT but it was so laughable that he said, um, no.

@TrialDiariesJ: Juan tells juror "you can tell yourself this woman over here is a murderer" #jodiarias

They were strange. I'm just saying I think people have him wrong. I don't think he is attracted to either JA or JW or anything like that. Anyone who's read his other tweets would know he actually has a strong hatred of JA.

I listened to one of his spree casts. He seemed pretty impartial in most of his commentary, however you could tell he was not impressed with #Heinous.

@TrialDiariesJ: Juan tells this woman "not only is she guilty of murder it was especially cruel" Nurmi objects but Judge overruled #jodiarias

I listened to one of his spree casts. He seemed pretty impartial in most of his commentary, however you could tell he was not impressed with #Heinous.

He has been....less than impartial in his tweets. Trust me lol.

@TrialDiariesJ: This woman also says she saw reenactments on HLN (After Dark) #jodiarias

Oh, hell. Bump her now, she's been compromised.

It's up to the Prosecution to offer/accept any plea deals. Usually they are offered when the body isn't found. In this case, it was never a who-dunnit and Travis's body was left there. There was plenty of evidence. Strong case, no reason to plea down. Jodi could have plead Guilty to avoid the initial trial, but we'd still be at this phase.

Yes, that is true. So, her tweet about never wanting to go to trial is just more hot air. She chose to go to trial by not entering a guilty plea.

I think that's possible, for sure. But I've also seen DV victims who see all men as abusers and all women as victims and feel if a woman kills a man and claims abuse, he must have done something to deserve it. It's hard for them to separate their experience from other people's.

IDK if ALV was ever abused, but she definitely saw only males as the abusers, period. IIRC, she even stated a woman couldn't be the abuser. So, I'm a tad concerned about how jurors will view the allegations. It sickens me that Arias will play to these real victims of abuse.

@TrialDiariesJ: This female juror remains in the jury pool #jodiarias

Yes, that is true. So, her tweet about never wanting to go to trial is just more hot air. She chose to go to trial by not entering a guilty plea.

She did enter a guilty plea. Second degree murder in turn for not trashing Travis. The state refused. This is why she says she tried so hard to avoid trial. It is hot air though.

@TrialDiariesJ: Last female juror of the day says her co worker are yappin about #jodiarias

@TrialDiariesJ: This juror says her parents are ill and she needs excused #jodiarias #excused

@TrialDiariesJ: Jury selection returns tomorrow at 9:30am MST around 8 are coming in morning #jodiarias

I'm talking about after the conviction, a sentencing plea. We don't know if one was ever offered because the settlement conference was sealed. But it wouldn't surprise me.

A guilt plea was offered by the DT but it was so laughable that he said, um, no.

Yep, it took brass ones for Arias to move for that plea deal.

She did enter a guilty plea. Second degree murder in turn for not trashing Travis. The state refused. This is why she says she tried so hard to avoid trial. It is hot air though.

No. She pleaded not guilty in court. Her ridiculous "deal" in advance of trial was not a legal plea. If she had pleaded guilty in court it would have had to be as charged...and she could have been sentenced by the judge and avoided trial. So her tweet that makes it sound like she did all she could to avoid trial is bogus, like everything else she says.

ETA: I misspoke. She probably would have needed a penalty phase even if she pleaded guilty as charged, given the state sought the death penalty and only a jury can decide that.

No. She pleaded not guilty in court. Her ridiculous "deal" in advance of trial was not a legal plea. If she had pleaded guilty in court it would have had to be as charged...and she could have been sentenced by the judge and avoided trial. So her tweet that makes it sound like she did all she could to avoid trial is bogus, like everything else she says.

That is true. She did plea guilty but to something lesser than what she was being charged with and not guilty to the charges. So it's not really the same thing. She was trying to black mail Juan.

And yes, of course it's bogus. She didn't do it to avoid trial, save Travis' good name, save the tax payers money or any number of things she's said. She did it to try and take control of the situation as well as place the onus on Juan. Saint Jodi strikes again. Like you say, if she wanted to avoid trial she could have pled guilty to the charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member