Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What blew my mind in the last penalty phase was the four jurors who believed the mitigating factors OUTWEIGHED the aggravating factors!!! WTH could they have been thinking? Did they not pay attention to the aggravating factors in this case? I really don't know how they can live with themselves and even her power point presentation clearly showed she doesn't have on ounce of remorse and still thinks to this day she was entitled to murder Travis.

And she really didn't have any mitigating factors that would ever override what she did to Travis and the cruel manner in how she did it.

All the mitigating factors were just filled with fluff/filler nonsense.

IMO

The PowerPoint presentation was the strangest allocution I've ever seen. Usually, the allocution involves the person just getting up there, speaking from their heart, apologizing for what they'd done, and begging for mercy. Even if it's not genuine, that's what it is. She really did get up there and make a speech on why she should be elected student body president. I will start a recycling program, I'll teach Spanish, I'll donate my hair, I'll start a book club (it was hilarious to me that she said she'd start a prison book club then went online and started a book club that she couldn't even participate in. How was that helping anybody? It's all just for show). She really enjoyed putting all those pictures of her looking young and pretty in her presentation. It was incredibly narcissistic. She barely even mentioned Travis or his family and she never actually apologized. She loves to hear herself talk and she loves to be the center of attention. That was her big hurrah. I think that no testifying thing should extend to an allocution. She never helps herself when she opens her mouth. She is terrible at pretending to be human.

I'm not sure I am posting this on the correct thread/forum but this is too good not to share:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Amk8UNPu-UE&index=10&list=PLYe2dWgF7z52WtA2M0YXQksDII13sL5ZN

It's awesome! Oh, that moment when Judge Stephens said 'Mr Martinez, you may cross-examine the witness' and Juan got up and ready was epic greatness! I love him. We could have not found a better and more passionate advocate for Travis if we had searched this world 10 times over!

I am the type of person who is honest to a fault.

When I got a jury summons for a death penalty case I had to fill out a 22 page questionnaire before even appearing in the courtroom as a potential juror.

Every questions asked was specific and detailed. That worked great for me since I am a detailed oriented person. I was asked on the form if I had ever been a victim of domestic violence and if 'yes' to enclose the details in the space provided. I did as I was to do and even though I do most definitely consider myself a survivor of domestic violence now but the truth is I was also a victim of it several times as well so I answered the question honestly and forthrightly just like I did every question. I was selected to be on the jury.

IMO, being a DV juror will not bode well for the defendant.

Arias' excuse of abuse doesn't hold water and doesn't have one ring of truth to it because it isn't true. Arias used this only as another manipulation game. That is why it never come up when she first murdered Travis. She simply was thinking in that twisted evil mind of hers what she could think of that may turn the jury against the victim. Then she had a light bulb moment. Aha she thought.......'I must throw abuse into the mix along with a little pedophilia to boot. She really thought it would get her out of being convicted of murdering Travis but what Arias fails to understand is 'to know abuse one must live it' and she never did and that is why she had such a flat affect when telling her 'concocted' story she had made up.

IMO
Excellent post!

I'm sorry that you've suffered in the past {{hugs}}

I think I would be honest, and I think the experts in there would know if I wasn't. I am not impartial, I feel loathing for her, and I think I would convey that with my speech or body language or something. I think I would have to admit that I watched the trial, saw her crazy interviews, have read her stupid tweets, and I see no remorse. I truly don't think I could go in there with an open mind and willing to listen to her spouting mitigating nonsense. I'm not sure I'm enough of an accomplished liar to fool the judge, lawyers and experts that I am unbiased.

I admire the juror who looked her in the eye and said "you don't want me on this jury." I couldn't pretend to be impartial. I would take the opportunity to tell her a thing or two before I was cut off.

One of the more noticeable moments in her allocution for me was the odd way in which she pointed to her family in the gallery, almost as if she really didn't know who or what she was supposed to be pointing at:

" Every time I've had the thought or desire to commit suicide there is one element that has always, almost always caused me to waver. They're sitting right over there (turns and points to her family in the gallery). They're my family.At times I've lost track of that element."

I think she rehearsed her words for the allocution but forgot to brush up on the visuals.[emoji4]

I admire the juror who looked her in the eye and said "you don't want me on your jury." I couldn't pretend to be impartial. I would take the opportunity to tell her a thing or two before I was cut off.

Whaaaat? Did this really happen? I missed it!

Oh crud. Is this the 1st official postponement of the actual trial to 10/21?

And who do we know who lives in Sacramento? Doesnt the guy who gave JA the Helios phone live in Sacramento or am I imagining that?

Under the defense attorney names, it says, "CAPITAL CASE MANAGEROFFICE OF PUBLIC DEFENSE SERVICES JUVENILE" - does this mean the witness is a juvenile?

Hmmm. I should have read further first.
Still.

I took it to mean that whenever someone started speaking, someone else objected. I'm guessing it was hard for the media to watch, listen and relay details without missing the next thing that happened.

There should be a minute entry filed (probably tomorrow) saying which jurors were stricken. But unless one of the tweeters consistently used juror numbers in referring to the voir dire proceedings that might not give you much information.

:tyou: Thank You, AZlawyer ... but a couple of questions :

BBM:

1. Will this Minute Entry be sealed -- or made public ?

I was wondering about this because the jurors have not be sworn in yet.

Also, IF this M.E. is public, would it be a concern for Juan ? Sorry, do NOT trust the CMJA and her DT to be "twittering" who made it and who did not because no doubt, CMJA KNOWS which jurors her attorneys kept and which jurors were struck.

2. WHEN will the jurors know that they ARE a juror or have been stricken -- when they show up on the next scheduled court day for potential jurors -- or -- will they be notified that they do not have to show up because they were stricken ?

I hope my questions and explanations made sense.

Again, :tyou: AZlawyer!

3. Yes. She's in solitary confinement.

It's bizarre that solitary confinement for this length of time hasn't seemed to affect her very much, other then aging her skin.

One more reason why tho I'm more anti-DP than not I think its the only right punishment for her.

Loved it!!! Loved Barbara!!! I said it a few days ago and I'll say it again. This stuff about JA staring jurors down is just aggressive and confrontational. Like staring into a dog's eyes is supposed to mean challenge. She really has no clue on how to act appropriately or with respect. That kind of flies in the face of Barbara saying her demeanor is more subdued and frightened. Sounds the opposite to me.

Seems like. I don't know why someone who thought she didn't show any remorse would be booted over someone who was overtly wishy washy over his belief in the death penalty.

Good post!!

Agree entirely, especially since that wishy washy could just as easily be read as not being straightforward, for whatever reason.

I can be called wishsy washy on the DP..I used to oppose it, mightily, on principle. Then came the FL case.

For the first time in my life I came to believe some people are so evil that is rational for folks to want them erased, entirely removed from the community they have damaged.

CMJA has reinforced my new belief that there is evil and then there is evil that can't be contained. Like many others I believe justice for her would be LWOP, but 100% cut off from any contact if any kind by anyone other than family and attorneys. And not the kind of legal reps who abuse their position to help her continue to terrorize and torment her victim's family.

Because that is not a choice, yah, I'd vote DP and would do passionately do everything in my power to convince any fellow jurors who disagreed. And if she was given the DP I'd be thankful and rest easier..

Loved it!!! Loved Barbara!!! I said it a few days ago and I'll say it again. This stuff about JA staring jurors down is just aggressive and confrontational. Like staring into a dog's eyes is supposed to mean challenge. She really has no clue on how to act appropriately or with respect. That kind of flies in the face of Barbara saying her demeanor is more subdued and frightened. Sounds the opposite to me.

I agree she's not scared - she's p*ssed, and hell bent on causing havoc.

In addition to my post above about JA staring at jurors, I can "stare" at someone without being obvious about it. Anyone can check someone out thoroughly without out and out staring at them. IMHO JA is trying to intimidate. She has been in jail where staring can probably get your butt kicked, so I am convinced she is aware of body language and the trouble it can get you into. She is showing those jurors something by staring at them. She owns them. They are hers. She isn't scared. Something.

Everyone has the style of DA they like I suppose. Juan is mine. He is serious and no nonsense from moment one until he is finally through. Instantly everyone knows he is serious and a warrior for the victim. Yes, he will fight tooth and nail. No one intimidates him nor should they. I like his quick sharp rapid questions. I like it when he shows passion and righteous indignation especially with some of the defense experts and Arias in the guilt phase.

We usually only see passion and drama on the defense side. Here its the opposite. We have a great Prosecutor with fire in his belly in the Arias case and a DT that puts most to sleep.

I have never seen a Prosecutor think so quickly on his feet. Nothing gets past him.

He is my favorite Prosecutor.

He is truly a bulldog no doubt when he fights for Travis and all the other victims before him and after. That is rather unusual since most DAs are rather mundane and drab in their presentation. Even just by standing up in the well of the court he has power and strength and commands attention. When he was speaking I hung onto every word he said. When the DT was up it was hard to keep my concentration and I became bored rather quickly.

IMO

Agree, he was fabulous to watch in action. No notes, and can change direction on a witness as fast as those bumper cars at the county fairs. I will definitely be doing an 18 hour straight viewing on the web once released. We'll need to have a viewing party for sure here at WS after the verdict :popcorn: I know I can do it as I was in the scanner thread for almost 24 hours during the boston bombings iykwim

I admire the juror who looked her in the eye and said "you don't want me on this jury." I couldn't pretend to be impartial. I would take the opportunity to tell her a thing or two before I was cut off.

YES! Exactly, I would also be one to tell her she is NOT a victim. I do believe it's OK to have those who have been a victim on this jury. They will know she's not a victim. They will see the truth because they know the truth. After a few years of abuse my husband (at that time) beat me unconscious and raped me. I was told by a judge it was not against the law for a husband to rape his wife, this was in 1970, this law was changed in the mid 90's. After being told that I thought F this, and I became a survivor instead of a victim. JA shows no signs of being a victim. That fear of what he was allowed to do to me legally stayed with me until he died just a few years. It makes me sick and very angry when JA claims to be a victim! I also am a very honest person BUT I would lie on that question, it wouldn't matter any way, after I told her what I thought of her I wouldn't be picked for this jury any way.

YES! Exactly, I would also be one to tell her she is NOT a victim. I do believe it's OK to have those who have been a victim on this jury. They will know she's not a victim. They will see the truth because they know the truth. After a few years of abuse my husband (at that time) beat me unconscious and raped me. I was told by a judge it was not against the law for a husband to rape his wife, this was in 1970, this law was changed in the mid 90's. After being told that I thought F this, and I became a survivor instead of a victim. JA shows no signs of being a victim. That fear of what he was allowed to do to me legally stayed with me until he died just a few years. It makes me sick and very angry when JA claims to be a victim! I also am a very honest person BUT I would lie on that question, it wouldn't matter any way, after I told her what I thought of her I wouldn't be picked for this jury any way.

I'm so sorry for what you have had to endure, grammie, and my admiration for your courage. Yes, you of all people would recognise a false accuser. Let's hope other survivors called to impose sentence can see her for what she is. I personally don't care if she gets death or not. She is not afraid of it because it's so far in the future anyway. I just want her locked up in solitary, and the key tossed in the ocean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper