Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have DishTV. CNN, HLN and other Turner Broadcast stations went off air a few hours ago. Contract disputes. No clue how long that will last. A few hours or a few months.

SOOOOOO...... I'll have to rely on y'all and the rest of the net to stay informed.

I have the same thing happening. Has anyone found another channel to watch on DISH TV. This really makes me angry.

Jury retrial to begin on whether Jodi Arias should get life or death sentence

By Michael Martinez, CNN

updated 3:20 AM EDT, Tue October 21, 2014

(CNN) -- Jodi Arias and her legal team will begin fighting for her life this week when a new jury hears opening arguments on whether she should receive a life or death sentence for her murder conviction.

It's been a long legal journey for Arias, 34, whom a jury found guilty last year of first-degree murder in the gruesome killing of ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander, 30.

This week's court proceeding in Arizona is a retrial of the penalty phase. In 2013, the same jury that convicted her became deadlocked later on whether she should be executed for the 2008 murder of Alexander, who was stabbed 29 times, shot in the face and had his neck slit from ear to ear...

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/21/justice/jodi-arias-retrial/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Link: http://karasoncrime.com/bk-live/

Evidently her website is no charge until tomorrow 10/22/14. Then one can subscribe for a fee of $5.99 until this portion of the trial is finally over.
I hope that my information is correct.
I went to the link and once again attempted to join; but was unable to do so.
I will attempt again tomorrow.
I have great respect for Beth. My grandfather was the editor of our local paper for decades. I have very fond memories as a youngster sitting around the dinner table discussing editorials, journalism and the like. I think that my Pop-Pop would have respected her reporting as well.

Anybody have a clue how to follow this on my phone today at work, without getting in trouble? LOL!

Sent from my Galaxy S4, using Tapatalk Blue.

LOTS of restroom breaks? Back in the dark ages when paper was still used, it needed to be filed. I always used that excuse when I didn't want to deal with the BS and get away.

Let's get this show on the road! Much love to the Alexanders today. Good strong thoughts for JM.

What a waste of money this retrial of the penalty phase.
I agree. Those MILLIONS could be used for much needed and underfunded social services. The people of Arizona need to do the changing of the laws, though. Wouldn't Jodi feel honored to have a law named for her if this is the catalyst for change? Negative attention is what she craves.

I did see that Phoenix local Channel 15 KNXV says that they will have an app for the Jodi Arias Trial live.

I agree. Those MILLIONS could be used for much needed and underfunded social services. The people of Arizona need to do the changing of the laws, though. Wouldn't Jodi feel honored to have a law named for her if this is the catalyst for change? Negative attention is what she craves.

Since I have seen no outcry by Arizona citizens about wanting laws change I think they are satisfied that this penalty phase is being retried. I believe in the past someone put up the amount it is costing each taxpaying citizens and it amounts to less than a dollar per person. JAs case is not the only one that has ended in a second penalty phase. I believe there have been four cases like this before hers with three ending in the death penalty and one ending in LWOP.

Money well spent imo for no one deserves death more than JA.

JMO

Am I in the wrong place or is anyone tweeting now?

TIA

No one is tweeting now because it is only 7:04 in AZ.

And yes I do hate to spend the money on this trial.

Justice for Travis!! Let it begin!!:rollercoaster::rollercoaster:

Am I in the wrong place or is anyone tweeting now?

TIA

Not that I have seen yet. Arizona time is three hours after us, I believe. (I am in Eastern Time Zone -- are you?). So probably not until about 1 pm will we see much.

HAppy to be back with you guys, hoping we are one step closer to justice for travis and closure for the family. Anyone know if katiecoollady will ge giving us live updates?? This whole blackout thing sucks.

Thanks to the WS members who researched and compiled tweets and notes. Kudos to you all. I really wish I could help, but work is calling. Will be checking in throughout the day and of course later tonight. Hope you all have a nice day.

Work is in my way too Ricki -darn it. Thanks to everyone for keeping us updated. I cannot believe the day has finally arrived - the killer riding the bus to her final destination is in the near future.
Justice is coming Travis.

No one is tweeting now because it is only 7:04 in AZ.

And yes I do hate to spend the money on this trial.

May I ask why?

There is absolutely no assurance that JS will hand down LWOP.

And the state already puts into its budget money for cases such as this.

I support the state's decision just like I do in my own home state.

In fact in my state when it is a death penalty case it usually averages out to be around 4 million spent.

HAppy to be back with you guys, hoping we are one step closer to justice for travis and closure for the family. Anyone know if katiecoollady will ge giving us live updates?? This whole blackout thing sucks.

No, Katiecoolady won't be there. I'm grateful for all that she did last year but relieved that she isn't doing it all over again this time around as it's quite difficult and draining to do that sort of work.

So ... let's see ... based on history ...

10am [JSS time ?11am?] Jury swearing in & instructions read
12pm - 2pm Lunch
2pm [JSS time ?2:45pm?] DT last minute motions
3pm - 3:45pm Break
4pm Too late to start opening statements; meet tomorrow 10am

:hilarious::hilarious: Yep ... you got it !

Oh, adding one more: CMJA just may get a "migraine" :gaah:

:seeya:

Hey everyone, Good morning :) First I want to thank everyone for all the posts, tweets and every thing else! We've all waited a very long time for this day, I pray Travis' family is not disappointed!!!! Will we know today if juror 106 is on the jury, the 23 year old very confused male? I really believe he should not be there, I think he may cause a problem. Let's all try to stay positive and have faith this jury will do their job.

May I ask why?

There is absolutely no assurance that JS will hand down LWOP.

And the state already puts into its budget money for cases such as this.

I support the state's decision just like I do in my own home state.

In fact in my state when it is a death penalty case it usually averages out to be around 4 million spent.

I don't think she JA will get the death penalty and I don't want my money wasted on this trial. Did you get a look at those jurors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper