Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No one is tweeting now because it is only 7:04 in AZ.

And yes I do hate to spend the money on this trial.

Senior moment! I guess I was thinking East Coast time; I am in the Central Time zone, and momentarily forgot about Arizona time! I plead exhaustion!

I was up at 2:30am watching the Oscar Pistorius sentencing. I'm also hoping for news on whether or not it is Hannah Graham found or someone else.

Thanks, Charterhouse, for setting me straight!

IMO, this will 'end' by JSS sentencing Jodi to Natural life in prison. There is no way out of this for Jodi, but had she admitted her culpability and accepted a plea deal to stop this circus, she would not be able to appeal. We'll still hear/read about Jodi from time to time when the once again State of AZ funded appeals process is followed. It's the only way she will receive the craved attention.

Not that I have seen yet. Arizona time is three hours after us, I believe. (I am in Eastern Time Zone -- are you?). So probably not until about 1 pm will we see much.

Central time zone, Spellbound. I guess I'm so anxious for this to get started, lol, that I completely disregarded time zones!

I made this list from the trial tweets of potential jurors. I was hoping for a thread. Since it's not here, I figured I would post these for tomorrow. It will give you some idea of who is who. In the future, I hope they use juror #'s and make their tweets a little better. :) This is going to be a few posts in a row. Hope it helps. Praying for Justice for Travis and closure for the Alexander family.

:tyou::tyou::tyou: AngelWings for this list !

:seeya:

I'm Eastern Standard Time, so I have a bit of a wait.
I did want to comment on the cost of the penalty phase of this trial.
My feelings are... although, yes indeed this phase will be costly; I believe that this is what the family wants. That is all that matters to me. This family has been through a very painful and horrendous experience; I will go along with whatever they want.

I don't think the killer will get the DP even though she deserves it. I am think LWOP. Just lock her up and throw away the key.

I'm Eastern Standard Time, so I have a bit of a wait.
I did want to comment on the cost of the penalty phase of this trial.
My feelings are... although, yes indeed this phase will be costly; I believe that this is what the family wants. That is all that matters to me. This family has been through a very painful and horrendous experience; I will go along with whatever they want.

I hate to sound unfeeling; but, it is up to the Prosecutor what should be done. The family does not live in AZ and does not have to pay for it. And, I don't think she will get the DP.

I watched a program many years ago. It was during a death penalty being carried out. They were doing one of those pieces where loved ones had their family murders executed. Almost all said that it did not make them feel any better. They expected that it would, but it did not. It just took another life and did not bring their loved one back. (No tomatoes please I am just reporting what the program said)

The reason I don't think it will be a DP verdict is because even a jury who heard and witnessed Jodi's lies, acting and lack of remorse on the stand could not agree to the sentence. This new jury will is essence have to commit a total stranger to the DP. Easy enough to consider the possibility as an onlooker, but when the decision to kill someone is in you own hands, it takes on a perspective.

I'm 100% against the DP in any circumstances.

I don't think the killer will get the DP even though she deserves it. I am think LWOP. Just lock her up and throw away the key.

I was so for the death penalty for her before,well I still am but now I don't think I'd mind if she got lwop and was never heard from again.

It's just dragged on far too long and I really feel for tanisha Steven and Samantha etc

Anyone seen that Chris and sky are in the last stages of their book. I hope I can get a hold of it over here. Would be nice to read all the things they haven't been able to say about travis up until bow

No, Katiecoolady won't be there. I'm grateful for all that she did last year but relieved that she isn't doing it all over again this time around as it's quite difficult and draining to do that sort of work.

AWw well i hope katie is doing well, i looked forward to her notes every night. i hope her brother is well.

I have DishTV. CNN, HLN and other Turner Broadcast stations went off air a few hours ago. Contract disputes. No clue how long that will last. A few hours or a few months.

SOOOOOO...... I'll have to rely on y'all and the rest of the net to stay informed.

Is THAT what happened? I woke up this morning and they were just gone! What timing. Thank goodness for WS!

I have very intimate knowledge of violent crime and an ensuing execution. It did nothing to alleviate the crime rate, it did not return my beloved to me, it did nothing to diminish the deep dark hole in my psyche; there was no 'closure'. The only thing I saw happen was the Family of the perpetrator was punished in the vicious cycle of death.

I do not believe Jodi should ever be freed to a single day outside prison walls.

I have very intimate knowledge of violent crime and an ensuing execution. It did nothing to alleviate the crime rate, it did not return my beloved to me, it did nothing to diminish the deep dark hole in my psyche; there was no 'closure'. The only thing I saw happen was the Family of the perpetrator was punished in the vicious cycle of death.

I do not believe Jodi should ever be freed to a single day outside prison walls.

I am so sorry for your loss. I think I would feel the same way. You said it much better than I ever could.

MaryEllen Resendez Verified Account

@maryellenabc15

Possible lift of airing court footage for #JodiArias opening statements only if both sides agree. #abc15 waiting word from court.

I will be concerned if the psychologist gets chosen to be sworn in as juror,can't see them voting death

Busy work day today! I'll check in when I can. Thanks in advance for keeping track of this! :seeya:

ETA: I'll probably have to catch up tonight...

Based on what I know about the case and my disdain for Ms. Arias, I could easily vote for the DP, but I doubt that there will be a unanimous verdict. :twocents:

A question for anyone who knows: IIRC, during the first trial, commentators mentioned that if Jodi was sentenced to death, the state of AZ would pay for all of her subsequent appeals. On the other hand, if Jodi was sentenced to LWP or LWOP, she would be personally/financially responsible for her appeals. Is this true?

Last night I posted about my daughter Anna being told that two reps from her company had been on the flight back into Dallas with Amber Vinson, and the CDC said they were low risk, and this morning I see that a student from a school my sister is at has a student that was on the flight out of Dallas to Cleveland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech