Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just yelled at my daughter to stop fighting with her brother (yelling....of course that didn't work). It was Nancy Grace haranguing the idiot defense attorney on her show. They don't sound alike...I don't know why I did that...clearly they argue a lot. :facepalm:

Someone will need to help walk through this. I registered, and it asked how to pay and I click credit card and I have nowhere to enter my info.

Spellbound, this is not an act of kindness. This is an intentional selfishl act hoping one of them can transcribe for us, and keep us up to date. Also when I figure this out do you want a place?

and I didn't get to be online today so I'm going to be reading backward. I did get to listen to HLN and was getting pretty PO'ed about playing up the personality dis order game. And going to blame Sandy again. I need to go look for trivia and hope I can stop gnashing my teeth.

Well, it is still a kindness you are doing! I can manage the cost, but the copy/paste or even just posting stuff doesn't work well for my iPad.... takes me several tries to get it to paste and post. arrgh! I am going to give it a few days before I make a definite decision. I thought HuffPo did a good job, so I might hang out there, and hope someone can fill us in on Beth's reports. Of course, if it is no longer free, we probably won't be allowed to copy/paste from there.....?

Thanks for the offer --- maybe someone else would be a better candidate. :heartluv:

I think so, too. That she is on the jury is nothing to be "shocked" about. Still, if she said the family member and JA were good friends, that to me would mean she should have been stricken.

Just that they knew each other, not so much of a big deal.

Knowing someone and being good friends with them are two different animals.

Well, again, it's hard to know exactly. She's there, we are not.

That Monica Lindstrom is "shocked" says a lot to me. I wouldn't say she's pro DT or anything, but she seems a little more sympathetic to them. She is also an AZ defense attorney. Most of us were surprised she even made it to round three. Regardless of the link to Jodi, usually anyone with any kind of link at all to anyone involved in a trial is stricken pretty quickly, good friends or mere acquaintance. It's unusual that she is still there. I get what you're saying though. Maybe AZ has a point that there was something about this juror that the judge and the prosecution could see wasn't much to worry about.

Nurmi earned his pay. I don't like him and don't like his tactics but he defended this killer to the best of his ability. The problem I have is not so much how he did it but that the law allowed him to do it that way. IMO.

They have paid him more than enough. He get's about 2,500 a day IIRC. They pay him as the public defender than they pay for what he is will or did lose on top of that.

Is beth's page live tonight? I went to the site but don't see where to purchase and not looking like a live stream at 9 pm that I see on the site.

That Monica Lindstrom is "shocked" says a lot to me. I wouldn't say she's pro DT or anything, but she seems a little more sympathetic to them. She is also an AZ defense attorney. Most of us were surprised she even made it to round three. Regardless of the link to Jodi, usually anyone with any kind of link at all to anyone involved in a trial is stricken pretty quickly, good friends or mere acquaintance. It's unusual that she is still there. I get what you're saying though. Maybe AZ has a point that there was something about this juror that the judge and the prosecution could see wasn't much to worry about.

Well, I would have thought she would be off, too. But she does not know Jodi and a sis-in-law is not a close relative. So there isn't a connection, really. I mean, it sounds like she herself never met JA or anyone in her family. And as you said, with limited strikes one has to decide who needs to go most of all. I am thinking she posed less of an issue than some others...hopefully that will turn out to be the case.

Perhaps BKaras will be recording her piece then post it as she had to do last evening and due to technical issues. ???

Let's remember we have no idea why Flores is no longer with homicide. He could have been promoted, he could have simply decided he wanted to do something else. Any number of things could have happened. Let's not jump to conclusions just yet.

Does this mean Flores won't be sitting at Martinez' side during the remainder of the trial? He was always there during the first event.

Well, I would have thought she would be off, too. But she does not know Jodi and a sis-in-law is not a close relative. So there isn't a connection, really. I mean, it sounds like she herself never met JA or anyone in her family. And as you said, with limited strikes one has to decide who needs to go most of all. I am thinking she posed less of an issue than some others...hopefully that will turn out to be the case.

Yes, I agree with you there.

Yes, I agree with you there.

Thanks. I was not really questioning her still being there as much as I was questioning what I thought was misreporting of what she had said.

Thanks. I was not really questioning her still being there as much as I was questioning what I thought was misreporting of what she had said.

Yes, I think monica may have exaggerated a bit there, you're right. This twittery is killing me. Sooooo much conflicting information it's maddening.

Being "friends" with Jodi may not mean anything at all. She may have known the "sweet", manipulative Jodi. Hopefully, she is non bias and will stick to the facts.

short and sweet tonight

296 days to the start of the re trial, please Lord don't let it drag out 69 more days

2014 - the beginning of where Jodi will live and die started today

You guys do realize that NG and the rest of the HLN gang are playing the public for ratings? They don't necessarily believe anything they spew, they must have differing opinions or there would be no show. They are also known to frequently state mis-truths, we saw it constantly last time through this gong show.

So don't take HLN too seriously, its more National Enquirer/TMZ than reality...

@TEDROWLANDS: Travis Alexander's family crying as they show horrific images of crime scene. A few of the jurors look over and take notice of their grief.

@TEDROWLANDS: Nurmi, who by the way dropped a ton of weight since the first trial, cross examining detective who found Arias photos. First juror yawn.

It said it granted the motion to seal the state's pleading entitled Objection to Defendant's Motion to Strike the Death Penalty. Meaning the motion granted was the motion to seal. It doesn't actually say which side made that motion in the entry.

However, this all happened in a hearing the other day. Juan actually objected to his motion being sealed which clued us in that he feels pretty good about it. Of course, Nurmi wanted it under seal so the judge granted it and then there was a sidebar, IIRC. Hope this helps.

Thanks. (I flipped through an LSAT prep book once, just out of curiosity. All I can say is I'm really glad I never needed to take the LSAT.)

I am surprised the family is being allowed to show grief.

Not being disrespectful...just thinking back about how the defense could object if they felt the family's demeanor was prejudicial to their client. It was a defense complaint that got them banned from wearing their justice for TA support pins, I believe, because they were allowed to wear them for awhile then all of a sudden one day the judge said NO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fake_facer_addict