Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Best tweet of the morning so far:

DoctorGooFee ‏@DoctorGooFee 4m4 minutes ago

#JodiArias #Nurmi lost weight...he's now "Thinner than #Jodi's #Defense"..

en's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 30s 31 seconds ago
Jen Willmott has arrived in a teal suit jacket #JodiArias #3TVArias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 12s 12 seconds ago
Another female juror is with Diane from 1st trial #JodiArias #3TVArias

Thank you ALL for the posts, your kind words in the death of my grandson, and keeping us up to date on the trial. Just got home late last night. Will check in later. And hoping today isn't filled with the mindless sidebars. My heart breaks for Travis's family. May God bless them all.[/QUOTE

Oh my ! I missed this....so very sorry for your loss ....words are not adequate so I extend my condolences and my prayers...

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 18s 19 seconds ago

Willmott just showed up, aquamarine blue suit on. #JodiArias family is now taking their seats.

Bette....I've seen that warning on sites that were perfectly OK. Maybe something to do with how her site is registered?

Wonder what the inmate will be wearing? :D Is JW doing wardrobe selection for the retrial?

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 1m 1 minute ago

I see #JodiArais father, mother, brother and a few others in the front row.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 33s 33 seconds ago
#JodiArias mother is here #3TVArias

I lost my thanks button. Just disappeared in the middle of this string somewhere. Thanks to the poster who said a female juror is there from last trial. Good for her! Some of them used their heads and hearts. Hopefully, we get a fair foreperson this time around.

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 1m 1 minute ago

Travis family and supporters fill up two front rows and some side seats were brought in. #JodiArias

en's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 25s 25 seconds ago
#jodiarias father, brother, sister and Donavon are here #3TVArias

Best tweet of the morning so far:

DoctorGooFee ‏@DoctorGooFee 4m4 minutes ago

#JodiArias #Nurmi lost weight...he's now "Thinner than #Jodi's #Defense"..

Okay! This made my day. Off to run some not-fun errands. Wish I could see Juan smash her like a bug today. Tweeters best not be on Jodi's side. Won't sit well here.

I hate to sound unfeeling; but, it is up to the Prosecutor what should be done. The family does not live in AZ and does not have to pay for it. And, I don't think she will get the DP.

I watched a program many years ago. It was during a death penalty being carried out. They were doing one of those pieces where loved ones had their family murders executed. Almost all said that it did not make them feel any better. They expected that it would, but it did not. It just took another life and did not bring their loved one back. (No tomatoes please I am just reporting what the program said)

You do bring up many good points and you certainly don't sound unfeeling
I'm a non-tomato thrower and appreciate differing opinions. :)

I don't know if your able to remember the name of the program. I'm going to try to Google it, it's sounds like something I would enjoy. I've followed true crime since the Manson case.

It's odd because I was always against the DP, especially after I watched the movie "The Life Of David Gale". That movie had a huge impact on me. I watched it several times actually. I changed my mind about the DP when I followed this case. I could take up pages typing why I changed my mind so late in life.

Another oddity is that if I were asked to fill out a jury questionnaire, I would make it clear that I would not be qualified to render a DP verdict. Sounds hypocritical, almost like I wouldn't want to "get my hands dirty" but it's fine for others to do so.

I have depression so that may be a large part of it. One of the symptoms of depression is feeling guilty over everything past and present. I'm not confident that I would be able to remain stable after sentencing another human being to death.

In the Arias case I think that the jury is going to come back with LWOP, and I'd be okay with that I guess.

I'm here just riding along with all of you. Feels so weird reading someone's tweets instead of transcribing for those who couldn't watch. Glad to be back with my peeps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper