Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer 22s22 seconds ago
How does it go from sex to murder in four hours? Nurmi asks. Martinez objects. Sidebar. We all want to know that one. #JodiArias

Oh no, we're not. The judge better not allow the defense to argue that this murder was anything but premeditated and that it was premeditated in YREKA.

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer 22s22 seconds ago
How does it go from sex to murder in four hours? Nurmi asks. Martinez objects. Sidebar. We all want to know that one. #JodiArias

No we don't. I could care less. She brutally murdered TA and it was premeditated.

BBM

@monicalindstrom: #Nurmi: based on your review of this case/r'ship do u have opinion as whether or not #JodiArias was under extreme emotional distress?

@monicalindstrom: DrF: "you can see the momentum building from 2007" that ended in #JodiArias being under extreme emotional stress the day of the murder

Aaaannnnnnndddd, here we go!

@monicalindstrom: Wonder if anyone has kept track of the amount of time actually spent in #sizzlebars; there is a red glowing clock for all to c #JodiArias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 22s 23 seconds ago
Still at sidebar #jodiarias #3tvarias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 1m 1 minute ago
Fonseca says Travis had a lot at stake and he wasn't managing his money or his sexuality #jodiarias #3tvarias
BUBM - No, it was Jodi who was broke and 'unsatisfied' :blushing: at that time. :facepalm:

@monicalindstrom: From the conversations we have been privy to it sounds like they said dramatic things to each other to get the emotion @Xxxxxxxx

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts 35s35 seconds ago
noon recess till 130. #JodiArias

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 1m 1 minute ago

Judge calls for noon recesss. Back at 1:25! #JodiArias

That argument could fly in a true DV situation where someone had been beaten and abused for so long and had PTSD from it etc. where they just snapped one day and fought back killing them for their own survival.

That person did not drive thousands of miles TOWARD their "abuser", create a sophisticated plan, set it up to get them most vulnerable and follow through with a multiple layered cover up story, going on TV to even fly it. She does NOT fit that profile. God why am I even saying this it's so obvious.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 54s 54 seconds ago
lunch till 1:25pm MST #jodiarias #3tvarias

She sure has strayed a long way from her area of sexpertise. She 'doth protest too much' about not diagnosing.
I think she's their only other witness, so are they trying to keep her on the stand 'till January to be their expert about everything in this case???

So, 2 hours of court this morning, minus a 20 minute break and at least 10 minutes in sidebars. Nurmi is going to drag out the afternoon going over June 4 and what should have been 1 day testimony has turned into 4 days, and cross hasn't even started, or redirect. Crazy.

OK, now that Nurmi has shown the jury a list of the mitigators they're claiming, that should be enough to allow JM to argue lack of remorse, IMO. I know AZlawyer said awhile ago that JSS's order precluding lack of remorse only pertained to JM bringing it up himself, but now that it's on the list shown to the jury, surely he can rebut? I'm still puzzled how JSS could make that ruling when statute clearly says he's allowed to rebut any mitigators, but being puzzled at her rulings is par for the course.

Of course he can.

I guess it could be argued in every trial. A pedophile murderer could argue that because he was abused as a child he simply couldn't "walk away" and not rape and kill that child.

Still guilty.

Yes, they can and do argue that. It's only important for sentencing, not for guilt. And in the case of a pedophile no one cares too much about it for sentencing, either, because if he "can't walk away" we just want to keep him in jail LONGER.

For Jodi, the question for the jury is whether she should be locked up for her natural life span or locked up for maybe slightly shorter than her natural life span. Hopefully she will never be in a position again to have to try to resist her mentally ill impulse to kill someone.

Interesting no alleged physical abuse has come in. Nor the story that Travis attacked her first.

Oh, please... I need Juan. This fantasy land is putting me in the crazy zone!
(if I knew how to do icons I would... barf, barf)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momo1