Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm also thinking it would have been more proper, for forensic purposes, to create an exact clone as opposed to compressed files.

I agree Meebee and it may be the ONLY legal way to even begin analysis of whatever it is the DT team is claiming.

Any deviation in format at all , whether it be compressed or zipped files or anything such as that is not a true copy in the legal sense. So I think from a legal perspective an exact clone is the only thing the State would accept before even looking at it much further.

On top of that, I think that if they ever get that, the first thing the State will do is compare their original clone copy to the copy the DT gave them and once they see any differences, then they will probably claim that the DT caused those actions by whatever they did. Not Travis.

Like if the Virus payload had not been unleased but was still on Travis hard drive it still means he never accessed *advertiser censored* sites at all. It is only when the Virus payload was unleashed by the DT.

The state will have a valid response to just offer them another original clone and let the DT have it.

I think in the long run this will go nowhere. But what concerns me is what the judge will do before she realizes the DT is up to their old games.

All JMO of course.

I agree Meebee and it may be the ONLY legal way to even begin analysis of whatever it is the DT team is claiming.

Any deviation in format at all , whether it be compressed or zipped files or anything such as that is not a true copy in the legal sense. So I think from a legal perspective an exact clone is the only thing the State would accept before even looking at it much further.

On top of that, I think that if they ever get that, the first thing the State will do is compare their original clone copy to the copy the DT gave them and once they see any differences, then they will probably claim that the DT caused those actions by whatever they did. Not Travis.

Like if the Virus payload had not been unleased but was still on Travis hard drive it still means he never accessed *advertiser censored* sites at all. It is only when the Virus payload was unleashed by the DT.

The state will have a valid response to just offer them another original clone and let the DT have it.

I think in the long run this will go nowhere. But what concerns me is what the judge will do before she realizes the DT is up to their old games.

All JMO of course.

Right. And Willmott can say, well, if you can't analyze the hard drive this way you're just incompetent. But Juan just may argue that it's not incompetence, it's that we can't analyze the hard drive in this state. Again, this guy will just need to bring the copy he used so the state can make it's own clone copy so they can analyze that. What they've been given clearly is not going to work.

Snapped in slow motion over a period of weeks? That's an interesting way to go about it. (And was it just too bad for Travis that Jodi didn't have a psychological barf bag and had to resort to murder?)

I think you are right there, unfortunately. I have two questions: a) who signed the laptop out of Mesa PD, and who delivered to the FTK People, and b) if the FTK tech was conscientious enough to take a photo after he repaired the bent pins, why didn't he take one before, showing the damage.

It's not looking good MeeBee, but I still think it's hinky.

In a motion in September it ordered the state to release the hard drive to Jodi's PI

Yeah, I was trying to picture the process of Nurmi trying to find an expert witness. The first ones not returning tells me those 'professionals' knew they were full of it. No doubt they watched their own testimony quite a few times and realized what asses they'd made of themselves.

I liked the professional Juan used. Dr. Demarte I think was her name. She answered the questions directly without any of the circle talk.
If the DT had gotten someone like DeMarte to do a true diagnosis of JA rather than quacks to lie for her I'd have a little respect for them. I have no doubt there are multiple things wrong with her. They just haven't come anywhere close to making them mitigator factors and they probably could have if they had played for the truth. I'm sure most of the fault us her's but it's still such a bad reflection on them as professionals.

http://www.courtchatter.com/2014/11/jodi-arias-defense-response-to-states.html?spref=tw

Editing out the legal mumbo jumbo for the sake of sanity (apologies to AZL), and most of the nasty accusations against the State, it says:

Don't grant the State's motion to strike, because:

1) The State damaged the lap top long before it was handed over to the defence.
2) The defence expert noted the damage and took a photo of the pins that he repaired.
3) The defence rushed to provide the State with a copy of what the expert had found on the computer, as requested.
4) The defence now agrees that their expert, FTK 'grabbed' the wrong drive, and a complaint has been sent to FTK.
5) Blah, blah, blah.
6) The State said they couldn't do a forensic study of the five folder structure sent them.
7) There is absolutely nothing wrong with that second drive the defence provided.
8) The fact that the State does not have the general expertise to access the drive, or understand what it is, is appalling.
9) Blah, blah, blah about SpyBot being an inferior free programme.
10) The State testified there was no *advertiser censored*, and now admits there was. Blah, blah, blah.

Clap Clap Clap!

Allow me to add:

11) Blah blah blah...It's all the State's fault.

Defense clearly doesn't understand Spybot's Immunization feature, which is real-time malware blocking, not after-the-fact clean-up.

I'm reading up on how one creates a mirror image of a hard drive. One of the ways to make a copy of that is to make an exact clone. Another way is to create a compressed file that is not readily functional. Maybe this is what the defense expert did as opposed to making an exact clone, as is typically done in these cases. Perhaps that is why he said it's not accessible? And perhaps it's because his expert is not used to viewing mirror hard drives in that manner but is used to viewing an exact clone?

In my best kewpie doll voice...

But, but, but, Willmott didn't allude to a compressed file being made. Maybe she doesn't understand the technology? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member