Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So what does it amount to? Surely the judge is not going to throw out Jodi's conviction based on things that cannot be verified or proven. Is there anything here? I've gone so cross-eyed reading about all this stuff. Willmott is still trying to spin it so that Juan had his detective lie about the viruses. I wonder if Juan was able to file an eleventh hour response to Willmott's motion.

..........ugh................

http://www.courtchatter.com/2014/11/jodi-arias-defense-response-to-states.html?spref=tw

Editing out the legal mumbo jumbo for the sake of sanity (apologies to AZL), and most of the nasty accusations against the State, it says:

Don't grant the State's motion to strike, because:

1) The State damaged the lap top long before it was handed over to the defence.
2) The defence expert noted the damage and took a photo of the pins that he repaired.
3) The defence rushed to provide the State with a copy of what the expert had found on the computer, as requested.
4) The defence now agrees that their expert, FTK 'grabbed' the wrong drive, and a complaint has been sent to FTK.
5) Blah, blah, blah.
6) The State said they couldn't do a forensic study of the five folder structure sent them.
7) There is absolutely nothing wrong with that second drive the defence provided.
8) The fact that the State does not have the general expertise to access the drive, or understand what it is, is appalling.
9) Blah, blah, blah about SpyBot being an inferior free programme.
10) The State testified there was no *advertiser censored*, and now admits there was. Blah, blah, blah.

So I just read Wilmotts reply to the states motion to dismiss. :puke:

This whole thing is just getting ridiculous. She is saying that 'sure, TA's comp had a virus, but he got them from going to hard *advertiser censored* sites. And she said that spybot does not delete in the same way as what happened, so the DT is not giving up, they are doubling down on their accusations.

They do admit they accidentally returned the wrong HD, but tap dance around it and say the state is too inept and incompetent to keep up with whats happening. :no:

There was no way Samuels was coming back. He testified that he changed some of Jodi's test scores, and put in what he thought she said when he didn't bring a scoring sheet. Nothing like telling the world that you falsified Jodi's test score after you've told the court about sending her Your Erroneous Zones. He's up there with Nurmi,

That plus he based his "expert" opinion on Jodi when she was still saying the Ninja's killed TA ~ :shakehead:

Truly - even if he was (which I do not believe) - it still would not be an excuse to murder someone, or there would be a ton of executions everyday carried out by parents, extended family, etc. of child victims.

The real tragedy here (IMO) is Jodi is going after the very thing that Travis' family holds so dear to their hearts - their brother and their faith. I think Jodi wants to "taint" Travis' entire world with all of the sexual stuff in this case. I think she is hoping for just one Juror who is a devout LDS - and might see all of this sex is the "sin" that is second only or akin to murder - in losing one's faith with the church.

These sex act "sins" could affect Travis' afterlife in his faith - Jodi is wanting to make sure that everyone who knew him and loved him knows this. It is a continual twisting of the knife - she still just cannot hurt him enough. (IMO)

BBM: to bring this point forward.

Thank you for pointing this out - "sex is the sin that is second only or akin to murder" in the LDS church - then let's hope that they (Jodi & Co.) find all jurors think that way.
After all, she converted to LDS religion and she not only had sex prior to marriage but went one step above and also murdered.
When you are new to something the rules are usually fresh and not forgotten.

"MF just said that smashing a window can still mean a person is suffering in silence. One can have a violent outburst while still suffering in silence." This reminds me that Alyce or Samuels said just because Jodi lied doesn't make her a liar, and her saying Jodi could have been violent in one event or a multitude of events. Hmm kicking in doors and windows - isn't slaughtering Travis one event?

http://www.courtchatter.com/2014/11/jodi-arias-defense-response-to-states.html?spref=tw

Editing out the legal mumbo jumbo for the sake of sanity (apologies to AZL), and most of the nasty accusations against the State, it says:

2) The defence expert noted the damage and took a photo of the pins that he repaired.
3) The defence rushed to provide the State with a copy of what the expert had found on the computer, as requested.
4) The defence now agrees that their expert, FTK 'grabbed' the wrong drive, and a complaint has been sent to FTK.
5) Blah, blah, blah.
6) The State said they couldn't do a forensic study of the five folder structure sent them.
7) There is absolutely nothing wrong with that second drive the defence provided.
8) The fact that the State does not have the general expertise to access the drive, or understand what it is, is appalling.
10) The State testified there was no *advertiser censored*, and now admits there was. Blah, blah, blah.

OMG. FFS. GMAFB. UGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Is JSS going to bow down to these requests and allow them to go full tilt with the child *advertiser censored* accusations. I am afraid it might happen that way. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Well, signing out for the night. Am looking forward to more Juan on Monday. I do believe the "doc" will be somewhat humbled by then, already is actually. She was looking like an idiot before Juan got a hold of her. Now, she looks like a total idiot. Let her savor that over the weekend. The truth speaks for itself. Jodi went to AZ with one purpose in mind. Kill Travis. And she did. Ugly, so Ugly. No excuses can be made for what she did. Anyone with half a brain, or a quarter brain, or an eighth- will see this senseless murder for what it was. A senseless Murder. Jodi is a piece of work. Let's not fall into her manipulations and fear that justice will not take it's course. Praying for justice for Travis and his family.Give Juan a chance to "hammer it home". Poor Alexander family.Am so sad for them.

OK, I hope everyone sees this not as me knocking religion or any church's beliefs because that is not the purpose of this rant.

I do not believe that souls are doomed forever just for acting on human instincts...sexuality, for one. If it were true that you could be doomed based on what a church finds unacceptable, think how many people would be guilty of all sorts of things...not just sexual activity but how about drinking coffee? Or enjoying a beer or glass of wine? What about being deemed a glutton if you are a few pounds overweight? The list goes on and on of things that could be seen as damning and I gotta say, I am not buying into that.

5) Blah, blah, blah.

Lol, well that's just 50 shades of ridiculous. She's saying Juan is too incompetent to view the second hard drive. They are just files that cannot be viewed, are clearly not a mirror copy of Travis' hard drive, and was created in the last few days, meaning it is obviously not what the defense expert were looking at. But continuing with the theme that it's aaaalllllllll Juan's fault. Clearly he is not the incompetent one. It's funny to me that Willmott wrote this and not Nurmi. It's as if she's saying NO! We will not give in on this! He must be taken down!

Wow, thank you so much for this immediate update! This allows me to read some more minutes and then: fall into my bed.
Will track back a bit tomorrow and see you on...monday?

What a pity we can't follow visually.

Thank you for your post and I sure hope you feel better soon !

Lol, well that's just 50 shades of ridiculous. She's saying Juan is too incompetent to view the second hard drive. They are just files that cannot be viewed, are clearly not a mirror copy of Travis' hard drive, and was created in the last few days, meaning it is obviously not what the defense expert were looking at. But continuing with the theme that it's aaaalllllllll Juan's fault. Clearly he is not the incompetent one. It's funny to me that Willmott wrote this and not Nurmi. It's as if she's saying NO! We will not give in on this! He must be taken down!

JM wanted a mirror copy. He is entitled to it and asked for it. He did not get one.

End of story. Or, it should be end of story. JSS better have something concrete to back up a ruling in favor of the DT on this one because there is no way anyone will be able to claim she is not biased if she allows this accusation to stick without proof. I think it would rate on the same level as the pedo letters that could not be proven were authentic because they were photocopies.

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 2m2 minutes ago
On the screen now... E-mail Feb 14, 2007 - From #JodiArias to TA. Travis, I'm sorry that the last few days have been so frustrating for you.

Oh that cannot be!!! Travis could not have been upset with sweet Jodi after sending all the Valentine Day's gifts cough..cough.
The T-shirt and shorts that say's TRAVIS' (with iron on letters that Jodi bought at Walmart.) You know AFTER she killed him, when she took the picture. OH and we can't forget the spiderman underware, that was a V-Day gift too.

Another Lie....CAUGHT

And later in the day we have Jodi's own words about her having the the spidies. Another lie exposed, and we see what all we missed in the first trial.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...ted-*advertiser censored*-continues/70008274/

I just saw this on the State vs Jodi facebook page, where it's easier to read Willmott's answer then clicked on this link and saw who wrote that and thought okey dokey then..

but now we know who "Tony" is

https://www.facebook.com/Justice4Travis/posts/740102752732536

for easier read... I guess I'll know soon if I'm not allowed to link to this :)

For an easier read of willmotts response for tomorrow click on the facebook link, the last link. Sorry for replying to my own post.

I'm reading up on how one creates a mirror image of a hard drive. One of the ways to make a copy of that is to make an exact clone. Another way is to create a compressed file that is not readily functional. Maybe this is what the defense expert did as opposed to making an exact clone, as is typically done in these cases. Perhaps that is why he said it's not accessible? And perhaps it's because his expert is not used to viewing mirror hard drives in that manner but is used to viewing an exact clone?

I'm reading up on how one creates a mirror image of a hard drive. One of the ways to make a copy of that is to make an exact clone. Another way is to create a compressed file that is not readily functional. Maybe this is what the defense expert did as opposed to making an exact clone, as is typically done in these cases. Perhaps that is why he said it's not accessible? And perhaps it's because his expert is not used to viewing mirror hard drives in that manner but is used to viewing an exact clone?

I think you are right there, unfortunately. I have two questions: a) who signed the laptop out of Mesa PD, and who delivered to the FTK People, and b) if the FTK tech was conscientious enough to take a photo after he repaired the bent pins, why didn't he take one before, showing the damage.

It's not looking good MeeBee, but I still think it's hinky.

I think you are right there, unfortunately. I have two questions: a) who signed the laptop out of Mesa PD, and who delivered to the FTK People, and b) if the FTK tech was conscientious enough to take a photo after he repaired the bent pins, why didn't he take one before, showing the damage.

It's not looking good MeeBee, but I still think it's hinky.

I don't think it's NOT looking good, but Willmott may have a point there, on that one point. It doesn't mean her claims are true. Again, if it was damaged beforehand, why wasn't it mentioned in the motion to dismiss? Why didn't Nurmi argue the damage when they were discussing it before court started last Wednesday? How did the defense repair the damage and Juan is saying it's still damaged? How did they examine the hard drive if it was already damaged?

Also, Juan says whatever was delivered to him, the files were created a few days prior. The expert should just bring the actual copy he actually worked with tomorrow.

I'm also thinking it would have been more proper, for forensic purposes, to create an exact clone as opposed to compressed files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dylanfoxx