Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Except if you are an unmarried Mormon!

True, if it is looked at that way. I was thinking more along the lines of it not being proof one is a pedophile or that one is forcing the other to do something they don't want to do (TA forcing her to dress in costume, shave, etc., as the doctor so strongly opined).

Does anyone know why today's trial tweets were also posted over in the sidebar? I am confused.:facepalm:

Tweets have been posted on the sidebar each day for those that need a quick reference. It works well for those who can't be here the whole time and need to quickly catch up on the action in the courtroom so they can join in the conversation here.

So what does it amount to? Surely the judge is not going to throw out Jodi's conviction based on things that cannot be verified or proven. Is there anything here? I've gone so cross-eyed reading about all this stuff. Willmott is still trying to spin it so that Juan had his detective lie about the viruses. I wonder if Juan was able to file an eleventh hour response to Willmott's motion.

..........ugh................

I'm still not worried.

He who makes the accusation has the burden of proof.

Yep the DT gave her selective reading material so she could only come to the conclusion they wanted.

I'm actually shocked that they would give her material with a relevant point redacted! And that she didn't know the names of the murderer's family.

I'm still not worried.

He who makes the accusation has the burden of proof.

Yeah. Definitely don't think it got to them damaged or else they would have mentioned it in their initial motion as evidence the prosecutor was destroying evidence. It didn't happen.

Just bringing this back to the fore in case anyone wants to review it before tomorrow's hearing.

Thank you. Also to note: If you pop-out to a new window, you can then download the pages as a single PDF.

ETA: Court Chatter's page has apparently been removed. From my cache, here is the PDF/download URL:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByBlLbpcgb3wSnFwOFJfdE5nLTQ/view

LOL, now it's back again:

http://www.courtchatter.com/2014/11/jodi-arias-defense-response-to-states.html?spref=tw

Just want to say THANK YOU !!! to all the sleuthers who shared tweets here.
It was great to hear Juan Martinez back in the saddle!

True, but that is her fault, gotta know that "they" want "you" to side with them. I would have hounded for it all. If they were looking at me to be an "expert witness" I would have, (self preservation), asked and sought out what they were not telling me, it would be a given that they were/are looking for someone to support their side and thus I would be "suspect" from the get go. Would love to know more about why this "expert" took this case on. Was it just $, was it to support ALV, was it just an opportunity. Was it calculated. Have no idea where this lady is coming from, but she certainly could have reviewed the history of this case and testimony and trial records before offering herself up to be slaughtered, 'cause that was a given. Leads me to believe she is either a dumbsh++ or is trying to resurrect ALV, or possibly believes her own bull sh##. I am sure that the pickens were slim when the defense went looking for a "Defense" witness.

I'm thinking door number 3: believes her own bull sh##.

Yep the DT gave her selective reading material so she could only come to the conclusion they wanted.

This must be standard practice, whereby the DT (or the State) withhold relevant evidence that they give to their expert witness. Juan got the same point across with Alyce, who admitted not seeing evidence that would have given her a different picture on which to base her findings. Of course Alyce said it wouldn't have changed her opinion, and Dr. F will say the same...already has.

The DT leave it up to the prosecutor to find the holes, react quickly and produce the missing documents. Juan does this very well.

That sounds awful lol.

And it is on a loop repeating the same boring crap every half hour. I can understand TMZ somewhat as they may have a lot of videos that are NSFW so people may want to catch on TV, but HLN is just boring. The commentators are not too smart or funny. I don't get it at all.
I miss Vinnie Pollitan and Joey Whatsisname and the crime stuff- it was unique. Now, they are just wannabes.

True, if it is looked at that way. I was thinking more along the lines of it not being proof one is a pedophile.

Truly - even if he was (which I do not believe) - it still would not be an excuse to murder someone, or there would be a ton of executions everyday carried out by parents, extended family, etc. of child victims.

The real tragedy here (IMO) is Jodi is going after the very thing that Travis' family holds so dear to their hearts - their brother and their faith. I think Jodi wants to "taint" Travis' entire world with all of the sexual stuff in this case. I think she is hoping for just one Juror who is a devout LDS - and might see all of this sex is the "sin" that is second only or akin to murder - in losing one's faith with the church.

These sex act "sins" could affect Travis' afterlife in his faith - Jodi is wanting to make sure that everyone who knew him and loved him knows this. It is a continual twisting of the knife - she still just cannot hurt him enough. (IMO)

This must be standard practice, whereby the DT (or the State) withhold relevant evidence that they give to their expert witness. Juan got the same point across with Alyce, who admitted not seeing evidence that would have given her a different picture on which to base her findings. Of course Alyce said it wouldn't have changed her opinion, and Dr. F will say the same...already has.

Don't think it is. You're supposed to give your experts all the documents to work with. You aren't really supposed to only give them stuff that will only fit with the opinion you want them to find, it makes them look bad and biased and it doesn't help get a full picture.

I read the tweets when Juan started cross and got so caught up in the questions and attack by the Dr. Not a good start for her to look so defensive. After the first few pages, I was almost hyperventilating from excitement. I took a dinner break and read the rest.

Tweets don't do the trick for reporting trials, but, in this case, I can literally see it all in my mind and it's as though I'm actually watching the action.

I'm off to read the DT reply on the computer kerfuffle now. I hope we get some good tweets tomorrow.

Also, Tricia will have Beth Karas on at 8:00 PM (Eastern) tonight. Can't miss it!

Hope coverage is good tomorrow. I'm sure there will be some expert witnesses called to explain what went on with that computer!

Yeah, I was trying to picture the process of Nurmi trying to find an expert witness. The first ones not returning tells me those 'professionals' knew they were full of it. No doubt they watched their own testimony quite a few times and realized what asses they'd made of themselves.

I liked the professional Juan used. Dr. Demarte I think was her name. She answered the questions directly without any of the circle talk.

There was no way Samuels was coming back. He testified that he changed some of Jodi's test scores, and put in what he thought she said when he didn't bring a scoring sheet. Nothing like telling the world that you falsified Jodi's test score after you've told the court about sending her Your Erroneous Zones. He's up there with Nurmi,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dylanfoxx