Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
William Pitts ‏@william_pitts 56s56 seconds ago
Martinez says code of ethics says diagnosis is the same as assessment. #JodiArias

Carolyn Sung ‏@CarolynSungCNN 33s33 seconds ago
Dr. F says she was just making an observation. She wasn't making a doagnosis. #JodiArias

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts 43s43 seconds ago
objection, approach...static. #JodiArias

meganrcassidy ‏@meganrcassidy 38s38 seconds ago
Martinez: You made an assessment in violation of your code of ethics, didn't you? #JodiArias

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 39s 39 seconds ago

Dr just said Mr. Martinez. You know, all saucy like... #jodiarias

Steve Krafft ‏@SKrafftFox10 22s22 seconds ago
Prosecutor: Dr. Fonseca only guessing re: #jodiarias. She says:"I am not a diagnostician, just someone 2evaluate dynamics of relationship."

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 59s 59 seconds ago
Juan- You made an assessment, a diagnosis out of this. Just what you said you aren't doing #jodiarias #3tvarias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 1m 1 minute ago
Fonseca- You can get distracted but I was talking about the dynamics of their relationship. Travis told 3 people about the noose #jodiarias

OK. I remember seeing Jodi's Editor of the Year letter before, but looking at it again I find it even more disturbing. Maybe because it has had time to sit and rot for a while.

This is just referring to the portion cited above:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3D_7vHIYAEuGHA.jpg:large

1. Was she doing a favor for a friend, or just trying to attract attention to herself? Hm. Tough one.
2. Did she specifically want "people" (the circle of friends she was still trying to insinuate herself into) to know that her section was bigger than Katie's section because that meant Travis liked her (Jodi) more? Respected her more? Depended on her for more? Wrong, wrong, wrong. Maybe it was just busy work he threw her way to keep her out of his hair. And who knows what kind of job she did. I can imagine. Just reading a portion of this email makes it clear she's just pretending to know "how" to write, but it's really just disjointed, badly-formed bits and pieces. I know the rules of composition are loosened for email (and blog posts, thank goodness). That doesn't get under my skin as much as Jodi pretending to be a Master of the Craft of Writing. Also, any self-deprecation on her part is only a passive-aggressive attempt to get other people to compliment her.
3. "Logically, I am your friend too." Never mind the misuse of "logically." This innocuous-looking statement of friendship is a demand and a threat.
4. "... being the human that I am..." Oh, Jodi. It's never a good sign if you have to remind people about your humanity. (Plus, of course, there's the obvious irony of your statement.)
5. "... I feel I never got the proper 'credit' or recognition as your girlfriend...." I hate you, Jodi. If you don't like the way someone treats you, back off. Or leave altogether. Do not try to use past relationship issues to twist somebody's arm after the relationship. And maybe Travis did give her what he considered to be the "proper" credit and recognition. He just wasn't that into her. I'd bet money that he never shared Jodi's "boyfriend/girlfriend" fixation, and maybe never thought of her as His Girlfriend. (Is "frenemy with benefits" a thing?)
6. Refer back to the beginning if you wish blah blah blah. That doesn't sound at all shrewish, not at all.
7. She wondered if he'd ever subscribe to the philosophy that behind every great man is a great woman? Oh, come on. What "great woman" are we talking about? Jodi was the knife-wielding psychopath behind him. Not the same thing. Apples and oranges, pretty much.
8. "... that philosophy is a two way street.." Jodi, what does that even mean? In front of every great woman is a great man? Is that what you're trying to say? If so, that's a weird thing to say. Plus it has nothing to do with anything else you've written.
9. She comes right out and tells him she knows he's hesitant (understatement of the year) to "grant her recognition" in front of his friends. She leaves out "because I'm scary." Anyway, it's all just her usual passive-aggressive blackmail. Maybe she wouldn't feel the need to do Thing X (beg for attention) if he would do Thing Y (make sure all his "other" [i.e. "real"] friends know what good friends he and Jodi are). Basically "We can do this the easy way or the hard way, but one way or another you will pay attention to me!" Did Travis know about the sex tape at this point? (Maybe if her own life weren't such a vacuum, she wouldn't need Travis' friends, life, coattails, etc., and we wouldn't be where we are today.)
10. "I'm going to digress a bit..." No. Really? Jodi?
11. "Despised" is maybe not a word one wants to use in an ostensibly friendly letter. Particularly in reference, in any way, to someone who is dearly loved by the letter recipient.
12. "I could care less now." Again, not quite the right tone. And it's "couldn't." And nobody believes you.
13. "Double-edge sword?" Huh? How so? That's like "two way street" above. What's her point? Whatever it is, she's not making it.
14. "If Deanna was happy, Travis was happy, Jodi was happy." OK, that's not the least bit creepy. It comes off as totally sincere to tell the person you're obsessed with that it makes you happy to see how happy somebody else makes them. Wait, no, it doesn't sound sincere. It sounds creepy.

Having any kind of dealings with Jodi is like stepping in gum. You'll never get rid of her. You'll end up tracking her around everywhere you go.

Fortunately gum does not kill you.

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 50s 51 seconds ago

Dr says she isn't licensed in this state & it's not her job to make assessments of the characters..

She's not making a diagnosis. #JodiArias

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 27s 28 seconds ago

Juan repeats an assessment she volunteered on Travis in prev testimony, twice.

Dr denies that assessment & diagnosis are same. #JodiArias

Not her job to make an assessment, not her job to give a diagnosis because she's not licensed in Arizona.. What the hell is she doing on the stand then? Wasting everybody's time? They could have placed anyone with reading capabilities on the stand and let that person read emails and give conclusions. Why didn't they find a licensed person in AZ? The good doctor knows that she was "assessing" the crap out of Travis, with her T-Dogg BS.

Martinez: You made an assessment in violation of your code of ethics, didn't you? #JodiArias

I love it!

Wow- this is huge.

Better than I could have ever imagined.

william pitts ‏@william_pitts 56s56 seconds ago
martinez says code of ethics says diagnosis is the same as assessment. #jodiarias

carolyn sung ‏@carolynsungcnn 33s33 seconds ago
dr. F says she was just making an observation. She wasn't making a doagnosis. #jodiarias

go juan!!!

Yes!!

Steve Krafft ‏@SKrafftFox10 22s22 seconds ago
Prosecutor: Dr. Fonseca only guessing re: #jodiarias. She says:"I am not a diagnostician, just someone 2evaluate dynamics of relationship."

What do you call that then - a dynamicician?

Hard SLAM!!!!

Uh oh . . . this is a biggy here folks!

What Juan is alleging could cause her to lose licensure (wherever she holds one).

Carolyn Sung ‏@CarolynSungCNN 1m1 minute ago
Dr. F argues "You can get distracted, but I was talking about the dynamics..." and Nurmi objects. sidebar #JodiArias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 12s 13 seconds ago
We have a sidebar and juror 3 is still writing. Gosh she's writing a book I know it #jodiarias #3tvarias

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 26s 26 seconds ago

We are at a sidebar and #JodiArias looks behind her at her family.

No Wish Bone for her on Thursday.

:hilarious: no wish bone ... lol !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members