Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@TrialDiariesJ: Did TA tell Arias he wanted to keep their relationship private?
Fonseca- Arias noted in a journal Travis didn't want to show PDA #jodiarias

BBM. This makes me laugh. Travis probably asked for no public displays of affection after she rolled her head around all over his lap that time in a large group of his friends/coworkers.

I just gotta say this - my first trial was in 1992. I've avidly been following trials ever since. I have never seen any expert be quite so nasty towards the opposition. Snarky, sarcastic, condescending - yes, and even sometimes admonished - but never quite so absolutely, downright rude. And never, ever were they allowed to independently instruct the jury as to whom they should believe.

I cannot believe that appears to have went unchallenged by even the judge herself. Was the jury instructed to disregard that little tidbit?

If the jury will think for a moment -- and JM is leading them to it -- TA's and JA's sexcapades don't leave much room for same-sex and/or especially 'pediattraction', do they?

Okay, time to sanction this so-called expert witness. Not doing so, only makes the court look soft and foolish.

It makes it look like it is actually allowed, which translates to acceptable.

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol 24s25 seconds ago
#jodiarias juror ? - did Travis tell Jodi to keep relationship private? Dr F - Travis said he didn't like making out in public

I don't like making out in public either. Big whoop!

This testimony is in response to jury questions. She's allowed to look at the jury.
She is telling them that they should trust the experts, while not answering Juans questions. Sorry, that is not the same as answering their questions.

The jury is hearing and seeing even MORE than we are- if we are this upset by the witness behavior- dare I say "professional"- imagine what the jury is thinking about this cray- cray woman. This jury IS made up of people just like you and me. I believe they GET IT- even more.

I see this woman in photos and read her testimony and the thought keeps hammering my brain- SHE IS the reason there's still a social stigma associated with mental illness. Admitting you need help means trusting someone like her. Interesting Jodi and her should have found each other LOL!

This testimony is in response to jury questions. She's allowed to look at the jury.

Even when she is telling the jury things about JM mischaracterizing her testimony, rather than answering his or their questions?

Lol. Lady you said it. 4 boyfriends since she was 15. She's been around the block, she's been with men, she's lived with men, she'd no easily manipulated shrinking virgin.

Wasn't there someone named Victor she went to see in Costa Rica?

Not sure if anyone saw my question up thread.. But is it good for the prosecution if this is a hostile witness?

IANAL but

This witness is a defense witness (not the Pros)
"hostile witness" usually means (I think) if the defense hired her and then she got on the stand and said things against their case or not what they were expecting to hear sort of stuff.

But yes in layman's terms - she is being very hostile toward Juan.

Bottom line, she is trying to ingratiate herself with the jurors while being nasty to Juan.

Here is my question: Why does Dr. MF have such an emotional response to whether or not a fact in this case is brought out? She is not a Party in this relationship, why is she so emotional about what was said or not said by friends of Travis - whom Dr. MF never met?

Not sure if anyone saw my question up thread.. But is it good for the prosecution if this is a hostile witness?

She is the defense witness, so she isn't hostile to defense. Probably helps Pros that she is so contemptible, tho.jmo

I just gotta say this - my first trial was in 1992. I've avidly been following trials ever since. I have never seen any expert be quite so nasty towards the opposition. Snarky, sarcastic, condescending - yes, and even sometimes admonished - but never quite so absolutely, downright rude. And never, ever were they allowed to independently instruct the jury as to whom they should believe.

I cannot believe that appears to have went unchallenged by even the judge herself. Was the jury instructed to disregard that little tidbit?

For me the telling thing is JM hasn't asked JSS to direct the witness. He can handle this witness. JSS gives everyone in the courtroom enormous latitude to do as they will.

Everyone except TA's family, who must never smirk or cry loudly or wear ribbons in support of their murdered brother.

Ya ... he's a boy pedo, a girl pedo, a closeted sexual pervert and a player/womanizer. Pick one!

IANAL but

This witness is a defense witness (not the Pros)
"hostile witness" usually means (I think) if the defense hired her and then she got on the stand and said things against their case or not what they were expecting to hear sort of stuff.

But yes in layman's terms - she is being very hostile toward Juan.

Bottom line, she is trying to ingratiate herself with the jurors while being nasty to Juan.

Here is my question: Why does Dr. MF have such an emotional response to whether or not a fact in this case is brought out? She is not a Party in this relationship, why is she so emotional about what was said or not said by friends of Travis - whom Dr. MF never met?
Thanks! I'm not up to speed with all of the legal stuff. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member