Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No not for her reputation per se, but she's very scared of the guilt phase being overturned. And that would be tragic, but I think there's less risk of that than she believes.

I'd guess that 75% of murder defendants in this country never received the opportunities CMJA has had in both phases. And look how rarely those are ever even heard, even less overturned.

AZL, I'm not sure if you answered this already, but after snooping JSS's schedule and spot checking some of her cases, she has several murder cases she's overseeing. Looking at dockets on the handful I checked, there's also what appears to be big gangs or cartel/drug cases with many defendents.

JSS was an assistant AG among other positions in law. As Assistant AG, did she oversee appeals, DP appeals? Google has the position at $43K per year? I've read elsewhere that she did in that position make decisions on appeals and that's why she was making so sure not to let an appeal slip by in JA's case.

Another thing I saw when checking her cases at random (complex capital cases) two had "prosecutal misconduct" listed on the docket (not JM). Is this a trend or normal? tia and don't laugh at my snooping skills.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 33s34 seconds ago
Jodi always spend more than she had (max out cc to go on trips with Travis) #jodiarias #3tvarias

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 3m3 minutes ago
Jodi says her family never had money but in adulthood Jodi was loaning Travis money when she didn't have it #jodiarias #3tvarias

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 2m2 minutes ago
Darryl's sister Lora stated Jodi spent more money than she did. Jodi would spend money and go overboard on men #jodiarias #3tvarias

<snipped unrelated tweet>

<snipped unrelated tweet>

So where did the 12 -14 thousand said she had and help Darryl and buy the house come from?

Here's what JODI says about her finances during her interrogation with Det. Flores:

15:36
JA: ...there’s three main reasons I moved back to Yreka, and one was I was in financial dire straights. Umm…I was not getting ahead. I was not… I just… things were not working...

You know, I wasn’t able to hold a job, and that had never happened before. Umm…it…you know… too much of my… my nightlife was … was without him... you know he would text me and hey I’m getting sleepy… dot dot dot. That was his code to like come on over kind of thing -- “coast is clear” you know… So umm…you know and that was just…I lived 5 minutes away to maybe ten…depending… and it was just too convenient and too easy and it was fun and we had fun when we were together and so it wasn’t healthy and I totally agree with that. Umm so that was one of the –

Well, financially I wasn’t doing well. . I missed my family.

... and I just have an awesome family, and I wanted to be able to just be here for a little bit and regroup… umm…financially.

I owe my parents a lot of money, and
I owe my grandparents a lot of money
, and
I owe friends money and I owe… I owe... I umm…
the guy that I bought a house with – I owe him a lot of money. He doesn’t ask me for it but I intend to pay him back because he really footed the bill on the mortgage for a few months, umm…

(she never stated whether or not she owed Travis money, but my $$ is that she did!) IMO

Isn't odd or eerie that two people in JA's camp have both lost their mothers this month? Bryan Neumeister, and now Michael Kiefer.

Although I dislike MK's biased coverage of this trial, I am sorry for the loss of his Mother. I wasn't aware she had passed.

Here's the important part from the CoA ruling that underscored the whole problem going on (at least important to me)

"Although expressing concern that Arias was being manipulative, the court stated it had considered the potential legal ramifications if an appellate court later determined that Arias did not voluntarily waive her right to present evidence in mitigation. As a result, the court closed the proceeding for Arias’ testimony."

Translation: JSS is running scared at every point where she has to make a decision because she is terrified the case may be overturned on appeal. Basically she lacks confidence and doubts herself. She also is catastrophizing (what IF the appellate court thinks Arias didn't get a chance to..... and then they overturn ....) Not a good thing for a trial judge in a capital murder case to rule from fear that every decision she makes could become judicial error.

The irony here is that JSS is so busy trying to protect the case from future appellate action that she may well end up with a 2nd mistrial from delay after delay and resulting juror attrition, and then she will have to sentence Arias, and at that point the DP will not be on the table. The defense is counting on this and would be only too happy if JSS stayed paranoid and scared. I think she will continue to be as paralyzed as ever.

:takeabow::guitar::guitar::guitar::takeabow:

I hope that this gives her some validation and more resolve moving forward so that she is much firmer and confident in her handling of matters.

In other words, show some backbone and get this case over and done!

Here's what JODI says about her finances during her interrogation with Det. Flores:

15:36
JA: ...there’s three main reasons I moved back to Yreka, and one was I was in financial dire straights. Umm…I was not getting ahead. I was not… I just… things were not working...

You know, I wasn’t able to hold a job, and that had never happened before. Umm…it…you know… too much of my… my nightlife was … was without him... you know he would text me and hey I’m getting sleepy… dot dot dot. That was his code to like come on over kind of thing -- “coast is clear” you know… So umm…you know and that was just…I lived 5 minutes away to maybe ten…depending… and it was just too convenient and too easy and it was fun and we had fun when we were together and so it wasn’t healthy and I totally agree with that. Umm so that was one of the –

Well, financially I wasn’t doing well. . I missed my family.

... and I just have an awesome family, and I wanted to be able to just be here for a little bit and regroup… umm…financially.

I owe my parents a lot of money, and
I owe my grandparents a lot of money
, and
I owe friends money and I owe… I owe... I umm…
the guy that I bought a house with – I owe him a lot of money. He doesn’t ask me for it but I intend to pay him back because he really footed the bill on the mortgage for a few months, umm…

(she never stated whether or not she owed Travis money, but my $$ is that she did!) IMO

We know she owed him for the BMW she wrecked the engine when she towed it in gear.

Oh. That matches nicely with the FU Bill she yelled at him when he pushed her.

Well I sure hope Carl wasn't persuaded to lie about the abuse because I would consider that to be abusive to him.

Although I dislike MK's biased coverage of this trial, I am sorry for the loss of his Mother. I wasn't aware she had passed.

December seems to be a month in which losses often occur (close to holidays). Plus people who are middle aged have elderly parents.

Question, surely we aren't going to hold up the trial waiting on the appeal the defense is sure to file on the secrecy? Since that's doubtful how will it be handled during trial since she HAS testified already?

Wild About Trial &#8207;@WildAboutTrial 21s21 seconds ago
Carl Arias interview on screen. Says #JodiArias was always very private starting around age 12.

Jen's Trial Diaries &#8207;@TrialDiariesJ 40s40 seconds ago
Jodi and Carl played but would fight with each other.
Jodi 12-14 yrs was very private. She was mostly in her room with door shut #jodiarias

Still catching up, and I'm sure others have made the same comment, but isn't that behaviour typical of 12-14-year-olds, aka adolescents? And, come to think of it, isn't seeing a parent's discipline as "abuse" also typical of adolescents? as is self-pity, "no one understands/loves me," etc?

Steve Krafft &#8207;@SKrafftFox10 6h6 hours ago
AZ Appeals Court: Judge Stephens was aware #jodiarias was being "manipulative" but fear of reversal if she didn't cave was greater.

I guessed that, and since we will eventually get to know what Jodi's lies in front of the jury were, I'm okay with that. Better than getting reversed. I just don't see how the AZ Supreme Court could possibly rule in favor of Jodi getting a secret trial.

So, Jodi had an unhealthy childhood, blocked out memory from 12-14 years old. This applies how? How is this a mitigating factor?
I

So, Jodi had an unhealthy childhood, blocked out memory from 12-14 years old. This applies how? How is this a mitigating factor?
I

I think they are trying to imply that she was sexually abused, but blocked it out of her memory.

Do you remember if she testified that she owed him for the BMW? (I can't remember and not sure exactly where to look) :gaah:

Now that you mention it I thought she left to live with a guy at 15yrs. I wondered why her parents seemed to do nothing. I'll have to check. :seeya:
They were probably happy to be rid of her!

Sorry, I don't know how any male finds her attractive at this stage of the game. She just not all that at all.

So they both were lying to you and neither got it. LOL Good Grief.

How about the evidence we have of Jodi telling the news person that she had a great family life growing up and nothing to use as mitigating factor because her mom or dad didnt beat her.
I sure hope Juan uses that interview clip to rebut her abuse!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee