Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 19 - Shortest Court Day, EVER

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And the defense knew and that's why their witness was not in court today?

@monicalindstrom:

Nurmi appealed to the Supreme Court regarding the Court of Appeals order

and a stay was filed #jodiarias so no release of transcript yet

:seeya: Hello MeeBee !

:tantrum: What a waste of time for Numi to appeal the appellate court's ruling ... the Supreme Court is going to uphold the COA's Ruling !

What a WASTE ... a HUGE WASTE !

Oh, I can't wait for this SMACKDOWN on JSS !

I'm so glad I got up early (it's 4:41am here) to go for a ride and not to watch this trial like I used to, it's just too maddening for words how many delays etc there are. I feel your pain though :)

I'm around now. This trial is exhausting and just negative vibes. I had a good break though. I'm checked out. It's getting maddeningly ridiculous.

Can anyone tell me if they resolved the issue with the defense saying the copy Juan have them didn't work? That's what did it for me...

Good to see you! We missed you. Exhausting, negative, maddening and ridiculous: exactly.

No news on that. :(

This is just crazy! AZlawyer, what is your take on the latest? This can not be a normal trial schedule, can it?

And what I am wondering, IF and only IF the reason is that Geffner could not show up, is there a way to notify jurors not to come in????

@karmicaaron: New on the #JodiArias docket, could be why no trial today? NOTE: MOTION TO PRECLUDE WITNESS http://t.co/y1oIp9MEzu

I'm assuming this must relate to one of the witnesses who refused to testify in open court. Didn't Juan issue some subpoenas shortly before the trial recessed for the holidays? I'm wondering if that's what this is about.

There will be an announce,ent at 4pm to say if there is trial tomorrow. LMAO

:seeya: Hi NB !

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: . . . I'm going to go with probably not !

:tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:

Steve Krafft ‏@SKrafftFox10 2m2 minutes ago
#jodiarias defense files motion with AZ Supreme Court asking to not release transcript of Arias testifying in closed court.

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts 4m4 minutes ago
Absolutely ridiculous to delay this trial further when Nurmi knows he has no prayer of winning the media motion. Not on us now. #JodiArias

So tell me what the heck we can't finish with Geffner today while we wait? If I wasn't watching this circus with my own eyes, I'd never believe it.

Yeah, why not? It's like none of these people can walk and chew gum at the same time.

I'm beginning to think there is something seriously wrong with Judge Sherry Stephens. It's like she's completely given up all order and control. I just don't get it. I do place the blame for this fiasco now squarely on her shoulders and the mistrial I am sure is just around the corner. She seems to have no regard for the victim, his family, the jury, and the COA. Instead, she is creating a greater mess. I also think she is deliberately going against the COA order, has been dragging her feet on it, perhaps because she thinks she knows better.

Is there no one to advise or direct her?

This is just crazy! AZlawyer, what is your take on the latest? This can not be a normal trial schedule, can it?

No, not at all.

I wonder if they have a hearing at the AZ Supreme Court if Nurmi requested a stay of the order to release the transcript. Normally such a hearing would be by phone and only take about 10 min., though.

Well, I hope the Supreme Court rules on this STAT. I don't know what a SC's schedule looks like- if it's backed up etc. but I hope it's not and this is put to rest quickly.

So is there still some kind of a hearing today??

I just realized my earlier post called her Sherry Strickland- lol! Talk about mixing up trials.

No, not at all.

I wonder if they have a hearing at the AZ Supreme Court if Nurmi requested a stay of the order to release the transcript. Normally such a hearing would be by phone and only take about 10 min., though.

So why can't JSS hold on to the transcript and continue with the trial in the meantime? Surely, there must be another reason for no jury trial today.

@monicalindstrom: Nurmi appealed to the Supreme Court regarding the Court of Appeals order and a stay was filed #jodiarias so no release of transcript yet

That was absolutely a no brainer!! that Nurmi was going to go higher, anything to delay the release of the transcript before the trial is over.

Sherry should just do what she's been wanting to do all along....grant the mistrial. Maybe JW will take her out to dinner. Her and the pet criminal. On the way out, she can laugh in the faces of Travis' family. She's already been giving them the finger everyday!

Whatever is going on with the trial portion can't be good for the defense- otherwise there would have been a leak from MK about it.

That gives me comfort at least! ��

dC7HtkG.png

This is a joke, right?
Is everyone laughing at this mess?
This will go down in the history books....if it ever finishes...:gaah:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors