Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 20

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From WAT:

WildAboutTrial @ WildAboutTrial – 2 min

#JodiArias is supposed to begin again at 10am.

Don't put your special pants on for it tho...

You never know. Someone might get a headache.

From WAT:

WildAboutTrial @ WildAboutTrial – 3 min

#JodiArias "This matter is in front of the Supreme Court.

If I released it now, potential damage could not be undone." - JSS ��

:gaah: WTH ? Potential damage ?

Really...what damage? Asserting that doesn't make it so. She should be compelled to specify... what damage?????

Did anyone happen to tweet what "potential damage" they are even talking about?

You're assuming the "potential damage" was specified.

I assume it was not.

JSKS said it.

So let it be written.

So let it be done.

[/FONT

If SC says release it then what? Motions? Another hearing?

AZlawyer, if the Supreme Court rules in support of the COA, why would JSS need another hearing before releasing the transcript? Why not just release then, if she is waiting on their ruling?

I think what the tweeters are saying is that there will be a hearing next Friday if they still have no ruling from the AZ Supreme Court by then.

None of the tweeters I read had anything specific. I'm just assuming the damage = everybody will get to read all of Jodis big fat lies

marking my spot saving my seat., and I see the games continue.

Yesterday I chose February 14 th because it my grandson's birthday (yes I know no court, but I was holding out for a Judge " I'll work you on Saturdays" Perry moment. Then I chose April 1st and didn't see my name so I chose the best date June 4, and that would be great, and I see that it was RR has it. Am I on ignore?

Have been following Beth and as of yet, has not mentioned any "potential damage".

My question: what potential damage could likely arise? What legal ramifications are likely if she releases the transcripts?

Beth has blogged that JSS told Bodney if SC denies stay motion, transcripts have been prepared & will be released immediately

Ay carumba-- this is crazy!

But, let's keep perspective here. Releasing the transcripts only caters to our curiosity-- it doesn't/shouldn't affect the trial itself as I assume that will continue on today. Let's just remember that JM heard whatever was said and it will be dealt with.

Now, on with today's games!

The justness of the first-degree murder verdict and the great relief we felt when it was announced all seem to belong to another era, another life. This is like some bad, bad nightmare that we just cannot get rid of.

I think what the tweeters are saying is that there will be a hearing next Friday if they still have no ruling from the AZ Supreme Court by then.

Close. If there is no ruling by next Friday the judge will set a date for another hearing. The date for the hearing itself might be released Friday but I'm sure the judge will set it for a week or so later. No need to rush.

Have been following Beth and as of yet, has not mentioned any "potential damage".

My question: what potential damage could likely arise? What legal ramifications are likely if she releases the transcripts?

I gather from Nurmi"s argument it is this......"If court is open, it's game over. She cannot come up her and argue properly for life. This is not about KPNX and other media outlets producing reality TV. This is a death penalty case. ...This is not a voluntary waiver of mitigation and any sentence of death cannot stand."

Ay carumba-- this is crazy!

But, let's keep perspective here. Releasing the transcripts only caters to our curiosity-- it doesn't/shouldn't affect the trial itself as I assume that will continue on today. Let's just remember that JM heard whatever was said and it will be dealt with.

Now, on with today's games!

Darlin', I admire your optimism! While I, too, have faith in JM, my problem is PATIENCE, or lack thereof.

Justice for Travis Alexander

Monica Lindstrom ‏@monicalindstrom 31m31 minutes ago
(cont.) KN- bc she cannot present a full case for life #JodiArias, not fully presenting her mitigation

Monica Lindstrom ‏@monicalindstrom 32m32 minutes ago
KN-Cant just argue 1st amendment n vacuum, if released &the harm befalls #JodiArias that she fears by the court’s own words its “game over”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member