Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that JSS has opened the door to this insanity, be prepared for Nurmi and Wilmott to come in DAILY with brand new sworn affidavits that they just obtained from various individuals who are afraid to have their faces shown.

I don't know how she can un-ring this bell, but I expect an avalanche of sworn testimonies now that this tactic was tried and actually succeeded. I'll bet Nurmi and Willmott were even surprised that it worked.

I personally believe that the "affidavit" which was allowed today was actually something that the defense team dreamed up and managed to get someone to sign. Everything in it sounds EXACTLY like something that would spew from Nurmi's mouth while questioning Jodi on the stand. It is all made up and serves no purpose other than for it's shock value.

Yes, but they never do, because they have bigger crimes to prosecute.

With as much money is waisted on this trial, I sure wish a few nickles would be used to prosecute the known liars in this case.

Or at least bring up perjury charges on them, then keep postponing it for about a year to make them sweat, and then just drop the charges to save money. :)

BBM ~ Right, but "Witness #1" has already said in the affidavits hat he may have the dates wrong of this supposed incident. I guess it really up to each individual juror on who they believe.

She has to allow the relevant parts if they are "reliable." I wouldn't blame her for erring on the side of caution there since "reliable" includes hearsay according to the case law.
How can he be reliable if his statements were disproved in his interview with JM? JM said that he is the one that informed this witness that his story couldn't have happened because DR was in Costa Rica during those days? Now he's able to take that add'l. information in, change his story and have it read in court anyway? That's "reliable"? SMH

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer · 14s15 seconds ago
Same witness claims when he opened download file of communal computer at bishop's house, child *advertiser censored* popped up, Alexander's name on file
LIAR! How exactly does this lie by sworn affidavit "witness" think someone's name gets on a specific file on a "communal" computer? I'll tell you how... By saying it was when it's a big fat lie.

This trial by tweet reminds me of a scene in an old movie. Does anyone remember the movie "The Ghost and Mr. Chicken"? The jurors took a field trip to the haunted mansion and the people in the gallery included a woman who claimed to feel the vibrations from the other worldly (ie: sceance -like). This woman held one hand on the mansion gate and the other followers of hers held hands and "felt" the shock of the vibrations, as they and (we) moan about what the meaning actually means. (not directed at any persons).

It feels like with each tweet we are attempting to decipher the meaning of who, what, where, when, why and how these 35 word limited tweets are giving us. There is no context (or very little) and the sneaky way the DT is trying to sneak in their "mitigation" via trashing anything and everyone (including the Bishop's computer) is under scrutiny from Jodi etal, because "hearsay" is allowed in sentencing.

DT strategy appears to be throw any thing positive ever written about Jodi under Geffner's nose as Wilmott reads them. This is the last ditch effort to attempt to save her mitigation-less life.

Ask yourself...who is more worried about what's in those affs? The DT or JM? Hint---the wrong answer is JM..

If I was a juror I'd be thinking is no one willing to stand up for this woman? Her friends and loved one are hiding behind a legal document, and aren't willing to a face to face with Juan but more importantly the jury and their question.

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts · 2m2 minutes ago
Sidebar clock: 48 minutes

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts · 1m1 minute ago
For perspective, it only took 106 second for #JodiArias to kill Travis.

Wow this gives me the shivers. I wish I was on that jury, I would be singing Death Penalty all the way.

Exactly. How do you prevent "cyber bullying" by not testifying in person when your name is all over the internet already associated with this case and you've said the same things online? Of all people, Mark McGee's "testimony" should never have been allowed to be given in an affidavit IMO.

Same goes for anyone else who's "testimony" can automatically out them online because they've said it before, either online or on television. How are they being protected by not testifying in person since everyone knows who they are and that it's their affidavit anyway. They are only being protected from cross by JM, not the cyber bullying public. And I can't imagine in any realm of reality that being afraid of the prosecutor is a legit excuse for not having to testify in person and being allowed to testify via affidavit through a paid shill.

MOO
Excellent post!!!:clap::clap::clap::goodpost:

I believe, and we can ask AZL about this, that because JA is claiming abuse by family and bf's that the judge has to allow these affidavits in when they are addressing these issues. Affidavits are sworn statements.

I swore when I heard them, does that count?

FICTIONAL: as written by me, not fictional as written by New Zealand boy:

Witness #326: I was sitting at a table in a restaurant somewhere in Arizona or California, I don’t remember for sure. It was either Sumer of 2007, maybe Fall, could have been winter 2008. I remember it clearly. I recognized Travis from a PPL video my great uncle played for me back in 2004.

Travis and Jodi came into the restaurant and when they were seated, Travis intentionally pulled out the chair causing Jodi to fall on the floor. He laughed and everybody looked. I know now it was Jodi because Travis said, “Get it through your *&^*&^ brain, Jodi, that I’m not going to hold your chair out for you, I’m not your *&^*^&*^ servant. Grow up and quit *****in! When the waitress came to take their order, she asked if Jodi was alright and Travis told her to “butt out, it’s none of your *&^*&^* business, you no good waitress!”

Travis ordered first, a really big meal with several appetizers including a vegetable wrap and fried shrimp, and a drink of some kind with no ice. He didn’t give Jodi a chance to order and told the waitress that “fatso didn’t deserve a meal because even a 5 year old can sit in a chair without falling out!”

He ate in front of her and she was trying real hard not to cry, I could tell. When Travis noticed me paying attention to Jodi, he challenged me to a “duel to the death” in the parking lot, promising or rather threatening to beat me to an unrecognizable pulp. I thought about calling the police but decided it was best to just leave. Obviously he was a habitual abuser and Jodi just took it like all battered women do.

The dude scared me, though, because he was serious about wanting to beat me down. He had a crazed look in his eyes, capable of anything, and I always wondered what happened to Jodi, like if he eventually killed her, raped her, maimed her, because that’s always the progression DV takes.
I hardley ever post but after the fiasco in court today this was just Brillant.... Thank you so much for the much needed chuckle

This trial by tweet reminds me of a scene in an old movie. Does anyone remember the movie "The Ghost and Mr. Chicken"? The jurors took a field trip to the haunted mansion and the people in the gallery included a woman who claimed to feel the vibrations from the other worldly (ie: sceance -like). This woman held one hand on the mansion gate and the other followers of hers held hands and "felt" the shock of the vibrations, as they and (we) moan about what the meaning actually means. (not directed at any persons).

It feels like with each tweet we are attempting to decipher the meaning of who, what, where, when, why and how these 35 word limited tweets are giving us. There is no context (or very little) and the sneaky way the DT is trying to sneak in their "mitigation" via trashing anything and everyone (including the Bishop's computer) is under scrutiny from Jodi etal, because "hearsay" is allowed in sentencing.

DT strategy appears to be throw any thing positive ever written about Jodi under Geffner's nose as Wilmott reads them. This is the last ditch effort to attempt to save her mitigation-less life.

If I remember the movie, it starred Don Knotts? No offense intended to the dead actor, but the characters he played had about the same level of believability as the DT's expert witnesses.

So we are to believe all these good standing Mormon folk just stood by and allowed an abuser and pedophile to carry on! Please. It's madness!

I feel so sorry for Travis's brothers and sisters and others who love him. Here's what I was thinking: Could you imagine what would have happened in the Treyvon Martin trial if three-fourths of the testimony was about what a bad person Treyvon was? What if the defense had pulled out every one of his bad tweets, emails, and text messages? What if they found every person who went to school with him with whom he had an argument and everybody in the community with whom he had disagreements and let them tell about what a bad person he was? I got to thinking back to other trials I have watched. I don't think one negative thing was said about Laci Peterson, Kathleen Peterson, Michelle Young, Mabel Greineder, Rabbi Neulander's wife, etc. I cannot believe how Judge Stephens has let this entire trial be an assassination of Travis's character. I have no respect for JSS, KN, or JW. To me, it's as if all three of them keep stabbing Travis time and time again. Everybody seems to have forgotten that Travis is the victim! Jodi is the one who murdered him! I just hope Juan is good when he gets to question Geffner and others.

It does show you how totally different other Judges handled death penalty cases when compared to JSS.

The Judges in the death penalty cases you have listed put the victim bashing to rest ASAP when the DT tried to bring it in and told the DT they weren't going to allow the victim to be put on trial and they stuck to it too. That is why nothing disparaging was allowed in about Trayvon and the others victims.

Yet, in this case it has been more about Travis being on trial than ever about Jodi's murder trial.

Bizarre.

I'm sorry but this is total ********. The reason we so readily disregarded the stuff Matt from New Zealand said is because we know his history of crazy. This jury does not. Will they accept the fact that someone will actually LIE like this? These are very serious things to lie about - domestic violence and pedophilia. If I were on this jury I might go "Well what reason does this witness have to lie? The ex girlfriend might be lying to protect Travis' memory". So my question is can JM bring up some of the ******** Matt has been typing and saying online or is he limited by the fact that this coward didn't reveal his name?

I watched this trial from the beginning, just like I followed the Drew Peterson case long before he was arrested, and every second of the Casey Anthony case. I have been reading this forum forever. Never commented. But gotten to know the posters pretty well. At this stage, even I may have to walk away,
I have never seen anything the likes of this. I have so much more I want to say. How this poor jury is even going to get the gist of this retrial and the truth about JA is beyond me.

:seeya: Hello and :welcome: !

BBM: I totally agree !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members