Australia - Frances Crawford 49, found dead after suspicious lawn mower accident in Queensland.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Police did have the house to themselves in the investigation. They asked the alleged murderer to vacate the premises for the day whilst they investigated.

“Ten police cars were seen arriving at the property, which is located in bushland at the end of a 1km-long driveway.

The vehicles included two forensics vans, detectives in a four-wheel drive, a ute filled with forensics supplies, two patrol vehicles, and uniformed officers in an unmarked car.

The Pilons said police have been poring over the home, which remains a crime scene, with Mr Crawford asked to temporarily vacate the property amid the investigation.”

The convoluted intricacies of murder.. .. you kill your wife to gain control of the shared property, and assets you then have to sell off the assets and property to pay for your defence at your trial for murder.

:pMake it make sense.
RC was in a middle-age group. I suspect that he didn't mind the divorce himself. But I have yet to see the situation when a man is divorcing, or maybe killing with the divorce in mind, without having someone already lined up. And as someone had said, between kids grown up, and several properties, his decent salary and benefits, he could have been OK. But it would not be enough if he planned to start a new family.

I expect that his financial situation is complicated, with money possibly being channeled off somewhere, and everything being non-transparent. And - I don't think he was smirking when arrested. In the car, he looked taut. I wonder if he is now afraid of messing up up someone else's life and leaving a horrible legacy.

A philanderer, a liar, currently accused of murder, but also, an experienced military pilot, a disciplined organized man. I don't think he is a coward, and I think he'll fight for his freedom. I wish Australian police to find his Achilles heel.

I did see what could have been a smirk on one of the photos posted.

I had a good look at it with my big Sherlock Holmes magnifying glass and it def looked like it could have been a smirk.
Yes, I saw what you saw, but I don’t know how to explain it yet. Either “what bitter irony”, or simply “neurotic smirk”, if such a thing exists. He does have the sense of humor; maybe the humor of the situation (being arrested by strong, young, confident women; I suspect they were also chosen according to a certain principle that he noticed) didn’t escape him yet. But in the car, he was suddenly hit by the wave of reality, and it did not look good. Being a military pilot, he must be trained to see the reality. Maybe this is when it all hit him.

Could have been the look that says ..' dang, I rang too soon, why the hell did I rope in the motor mower??' dang'.......

Yes, good old hindsight, it's a wonderful thing isn't it. Can you imagine how much overtime his brain is doing now, now that he has nothing but free time with nothing else to do but live with his thoughts every hour of the day .... yuk, I wouldn't want to be in his brain!

RC was in a middle-age group. I suspect that he didn't mind the divorce himself. But I have yet to see the situation when a man is divorcing, or maybe killing with the divorce in mind, without having someone already lined up. And as someone had said, between kids grown up, and several properties, his decent salary and benefits, he could have been OK. But it would not be enough if he planned to start a new family.

I expect that his financial situation is complicated, with money possibly being channeled off somewhere, and everything being non-transparent. And - I don't think he was smirking when arrested. In the car, he looked taut. I wonder if he is now afraid of messing up up someone else's life and leaving a horrible legacy.

A philanderer, a liar, currently accused of murder, but also, an experienced military pilot, a disciplined organized man. I don't think he is a coward, and I think he'll fight for his freedom. I wish Australian police to find his Achilles heel.
Personally at this point at least I'm not so sure he might have someone else lined up, with whom he wants to start and new life and family.

I think with all those girlfriends all over the place, he fancies himself an attractive playboy who wants to live that lifestyle having women fall for him everywhere. He's a fighter pilot, probably has a grandiose image of himself, an international hotshot with fawning women in every port. That's my impression for now.

And who knows, maybe his wife was on to him and they had a big fight about it, her being fed up. She was a therapist, likely astute and observant with regards subtle behaviors and red flags.

eta>> just noticed "divorce"...where they divorced or in the process? I missed that.

Personally at this point at least I'm not so sure he might have someone else lined up, with whom he wants to start and new life and family.

I think with all those girlfriends all over the place, he fancies himself an attractive playboy who wants to live that lifestyle having women fall for him everywhere. He's a fighter pilot, probably has a grandiose image of himself, an international hotshot with fawning women in every port. That's my impression for now.

And who knows, maybe his wife was on to him and they had a big fight about it, her being fed up. She was a therapist, likely astute and observant with regards subtle behaviors and red flags.

eta>> just noticed "divorce"...where they divorced or in the process? I missed that.
I suspect he was looking forward to spreading himself, somewhat thinly perhaps, all around the world, wot larks....

What surprises me, about this bloke in particular, is.... he is 49 and at the top of his chosen career. One that places a special and never ending priority on Solving Problems, in a systematic, regulated manner, pilots by definition are problem solvers. In their environment, it's a matter of life, or death so there is an incentive to be a detail man, an observer of problems, a header off at the pass of problems, that is his profession.

They spend 3/4 of their working life learning how to solve problems. The flying is only a small part of their lives...

There are no old bold pilots.... they get to be old by being observant, and able to recognise a problem and go thru a detailed process of solving that problem. Pilots generally are not cowboys, or risk takers, or careless, as a rule.

And yet here it is, a reckless , careless, idiotic , amateur stupid murder by the one person who had a motive. At the place where he lives. .. it just defies rationale.

Last edited:
^ Perhaps it wasn't premeditated. Perhaps something spontaneous happened, a bad argument, he attacked her, she was killed as a result. It happened at home, inside or outside, he panicked (which can happen to the most controlled sensible problem solvers too). Lashing out was unexpected. Police did go to the home due to an "incident" previously. Maybe he's super macho, competent and controlled in his field and with colleagues, but not so with women.

However, the lawn mower thing at 3 in the morning was badly thought out, very badly, stupid. Irrational. So yes, that's a head scratcher.

I really cannot understand why he didn't flee, or at least hide. Surely he's known for weeks that LE were probably going to come knocking, after all we did. I suppose that like most murderers (oops, alleged) he is very conceited and confident, ie "cocky".

^ Perhaps it wasn't premeditated. Perhaps something spontaneous happened, a bad argument, he attacked her, she was killed as a result. It happened at home, inside or outside, he panicked (which can happen to the most controlled sensible problem solvers too). Lashing out was unexpected. Police did go to the home due to an "incident" previously. Maybe he's super macho, competent and controlled in his field and with colleagues, but not so with women.

However, the lawn mower thing at 3 in the morning was badly thought out, very badly, stupid. Irrational. So yes, that's a head scratcher.
I agree it possibly wasn’t premeditated. I wonder if RC will go down the same track as Baden Clay.

Halfway through Gerard’s trial, his defence team asked for a closed court and proposed to the Judge that it was an accident, he ‘possibly’ hit her, she fell and ‘possibly’ hit her head. He then panicked and disposed of her. They argued to the Judge it should be downgraded to manslaughter. The judge was furious, he said, the lies, why didn’t he call an ambulance? Absolutely ‘Murder’ still stands! Thank goodness.

I can feel this possibly going the same way. What else has he got?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3
Back