UK Victoria Taylor, 34, last seen at home 9am, Malton North Yorks, 30 Sep 24.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've got to admit I'm totally puzzled by this case. Usually I have a clear idea of what or why but not on this occasion I'm totally lost. I don't feel she's gone into the river either accidentally or on purpose. If you intended to end your life why buy supplies from the shop, that's more like you are planning a journey? Leave behind your cap, rucksack with phone in? Sounds more like you don't want anyone tracking you? What was in the rucksack, a change of clothes, a change of disguise? Yes, I have probably been watching too many Netflix movies my apologies

I still tend to think she went into the water deliberately. People act normally right up until the last moment a lot of the time so I don't think her buying stuff beforehand means much.
But it's also a case where I wouldn't be surprised if that's not what happened either.

It's a mystery isn't it.
I'm inclined to think the water is the most likely outcome - although I am really concerned with how many people have died in rivers lately, it seems so strange.
She might have fled somewhere, that would be the best outcom, but I would have thought that some other cams, CCTV or witnesses might have seen that. All MOO of course.

It's a mystery isn't it.
I'm inclined to think the water is the most likely outcome - although I am really concerned with how many people have died in rivers lately, it seems so strange.
She might have fled somewhere, that would be the best outcom, but I would have thought that some other cams, CCTV or witnesses might have seen that. All MOO of course.

Yes it does seem that there have been no other cctv sightings whatsoever, including trains and buses.

Well,
why would anybody wander by the river bank,
(through thick bushes),
in rain?

If the weather was nice&sunny,
it might have been plausible for me.

But in rain? :oops:

Of course,
I must remember that UK's weather is rainy by default,
but still!

Maybe she was meeting somebody there?

If the weather had been nice,
I would have imagined a pleasant picnic by the river with a friend to chat.
Bringing drinks and food.

But in rainy weather?

JMO

Last edited:
What if she tried to help a dog or cat out of the water and fell in without noone noticing ? What did she see?
With the information we have about her, I really cannot picture why she would be going in the water except to help or collect something.
Wasn’t anybody at the playground? No screams heard? How can they be so sure no foul play is involved and that she was not lured away via the road there with some excuse ?

There is speculation about the bag that she was holding, but IMO it was because of the rain. To me it seems a paper bag, and I do not find personally anything strange in holding a bag like that, I do it all the time. Ofter the holders break, and also it feels less heavy in that way.
JMO

What if she tried to help a dog or cat out of the water and fell in without noone noticing ? What did she see?
With the information we have about her, I really cannot picture why she would be going in the water except to help or collect something.
Wasn’t anybody at the playground? No screams heard? How can they be so sure no foul play is involved and that she was not lured away via the road there with some excuse ?
She might have seen ducks on the river. If she bought a sandwich to go with the drinks she could have taken it from the backpack, unhooking the backpack and putting it down, then broken up the sandwich and stepped closer to the river and maybe crouched down to throw the bread, and slipped in and unable to save herself.

She might have seen ducks on the river. If she bought a sandwich to go with the drinks she could have taken it from the backpack, unhooking the backpack and putting it down, then broken up the sandwich and stepped closer to the river and maybe crouched down to throw the bread, and slipped in and unable to save herself.
I take it this is, or can be, a really fast-moving river?

Is there a link for reports of her having bought a sandwich to feed the ducks in the river? I thought she bought water and a soda type drink.

in my experience ducks don't really eat sandwiches.....and they certainly don't drink soda

in my experience ducks don't really eat sandwiches.....and they certainly don't drink soda
You're not supposed to feed duck/swans bread, but lots of people do. I've even seen people feeding crisps to swans (while I watched in horror).

All I was meaning was that *if* it was an animal in the river, then we could make a reasonable case for ducks or swans making her go closer to the edge and creating conditions for an accidental slip. I just think it's most likely to be something totally normal that led to an unforeseen accident than anything more unusual like rescuing an animal or being pushed or attacked or running away.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3
Back