Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 27, Part 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I found it. It is in her super secret testimony of Nov. 3. She says she was at work in late 2005 (not sure which waitress job this was) and a co-worker close to her own age told her he would retire in 5 years because of the money he was making at PPL. She told Willmott she joined "shortly thereafter" and guestimates that was around March, 2006.

cmja said her coworker where she was waitressing told her he was retiring in 5 yrs because of all the money he was making through ppl??? okay, and if he was making so much money and could think about retiring,,, uh, let me see.. in a restraunt, as an employee, he was either a waiter? a dishwasher? a cook? most of them in the type of restraunts she worked if not waitstaff made minimum wage. if he was making so much money in ppl, why is he in this menial job? that doesnt make sense. dont get me wrong, i waited tables for years and loved it, so not putting it down, just saying.

This waiting for trial to start on the east coast really annoys me lol. I'm constantly checking google to see what time it is in Az.

:tyou: geevee for the update !

NOT bringing up religion here ... just trying to make a point about the defense team:

I sure hope the defense team does NOT show disrespect, and does NOT attack and insult this bishop on cross-examination ...

They have been very rude and very confrontational with the States' witnesses in the past, and to do this to any clergy member of any religion is downright disrespectful, IMO.

JMO and :moo:

I really do not believe they will change their approach, they do not have any respect for anyone, they don’t even respect themselves. It will be interesting to see how this judge handles it.

Another small bit of evidence is that the twitterer is tweeting as someone who is in court every day and they get out in real time. No word of any Jodi supporter who is in court every single day other that MDLR.

:laughing: Exactly. So condescending and unnecessary. JW needs to remember that her client is the one that brutally killed a man.

I hope JW repeats those clueless antics today, or even ups them if that's possible.

You're very kind, thank you. Yes and no, really. I can only base it off of what I've discovered walking this path so bear with my answer, please, it isn't quite black and white.

For my ex, his PD was already evident by age 13. He'd experienced horrific abuse from a very young age. Eventually he was removed from his parents and placed in a boys home. There, in among a lot of very troubled kids, he learned the tools necessary to become an abuser and criminal. By 14 he'd experimented with drugs, alcohol, animal abuse, and arson (I'd first learn of this 30 years later). He saw a psychiatrist all through his teens but this was the 70s when we knew a lot less about the trauma of child abuse and the impact of PD. He wasn't diagnosed NPD/APD, until his early 40s, following a suicide attempt.

His family is very toxic and his mother felt immense guilt over abuse she allowed. As a result, she never held him accountable for his anger or his actions. He could treat people however he wanted, do whatever he wanted, and there would be no repercussions, in part, because she herself feared him. My ex is a very angry 13 year old constantly lashing out at the world for his mistreatment. He's suspended in that state. His adult life consisted of all of us, myself included, making excuses for his behavior rather than holding him accountable.

A very early dx (which many psychs don't like to do) of a PD may make a difference - depending on the PD. BPD has shown the most success in terms of treatment. There is no cure but there are tools that can be taught to someone personality disordered to limit the harm they cause to themselves and others. It requires a lot of determination, time, and effort. Friends and family need to recognize red flags - Jodi's behavior couldn't have begun when she met Travis (though PD sometimes worsens with age and sometimes also lessens) so there had to be signs. IME, many of these signs are confused for someone simply being a troubled teen or problem child.

The short answer is yes - a million things could have happened differently to make her less dangerous but the biggest problem remains that no one around her ever perceived how deeply disturbed she was in the first place. So I just don't know how you'd fix that. Our family faced the exact same issue when my ex was arrested for having drugged and raped his 14 year old niece - we knew he was capable of violence - but none of us could ever have predicted he'd do something so heinous. So, the answer also has to be no because a psychopath is capable of doing things you can't contemplate or prepare for and they don't believe rules should apply to them.

I hope that helps - apologies for the length. :blushing:

So very helpful BritsKate. Thank you so much. You are so very much appreciated.

They listened to the foreperson and are hoping there's one like him on this jury as well. That's the juror they've been talking to these last couple of months. They don't care about the ones that would find their tactics disgraceful. All they need is that one person.
I totally agree. They are going after one juror, because that is all they need to hang it up. If they can demonize Travis to just one person that thinks LWOP is fair considering how evil Travis was, then they win. Juan on the other hand has to win over all twelve and it is much harder for him, considering she is a woman. And people tend to give the DP to fewer women, but IMO this is one woman that has no tender feelings like most women. She is pure evil and I just hope the jury can see that. This judge has done everything in her power to eliminate almost all the damning things she has done and said in the guise of eliminating and overturn by the COA. My fear is it only takes one person to hand it up. Poor Travis
:shame:

Yup. We all go around beating our little brothers with baseball bats, kicking our mothers, abusing animals and stalking ex-boyfriends. NOT.

There two things I heard/read that I hadn't heard/seen before. One was that Jodi held a cat tightly until it passed out, and the other was Juan saying that the August night when Jodi went over to get her SS card, that she went through the back sliding glass door and into the house and stood watching Travis and a woman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95