Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ICAM, it is my opinion that this man was never going to change his mind about how he viewed JA and knew during the trial he was not going to vote for Death. I fervently pray that there is not one juror who makes the cut that even remotely holds the same views as that juror

Amen. Zervakos claimed the jurors (presumably at his direction) weighed whether or not JA's actions were comparable to Bundy/Manson/Dahlmer iirc, which was a bizarre standard. I think it became evident to jurors almost immediately that Zervakos had an immovable "My way or the highway" personality that no amount of deliberations could or would affect.

I'm in the minority on this but I don't think she will testify again. I hope for sanity's sake that the Defense rests today.

Hi Rose :hug:. I have always believed she wouldn't take the stand again, but the reason is simple--she wanted to use this "scared to testify" and "her brain will scramble if the press or public is in the courtroom" nonsense as an appeal issue.

I've switched my vote to won't testify. Allocution seems more her style. Not a PowerPoint presentation this time. A look the jury in the eye presentation, uninterrupted by the DT or JM, in the belief that she and she alone can best explain that she was a victim. That she loved Travis and he loved her. That he was not to blame for being TDogg, abusive and a pedophile because he had been victimized as a child himself. That she will spend the rest of her life regretting not getting help for herself or for him. ...

I agree that she will not get back on the stand and will allocute instead. However she won't have the balls to take any blame or say it wasn't Travis' fault.

I've switched my vote to won't testify. Allocution seems more her style. Not a PowerPoint presentation this time. A look the jury in the eye presentation, uninterrupted by the DT or JM, in the belief that she and she alone can best explain that she was a victim.

That she loved Travis and he loved her. That he was not to blame for being TDogg, abusive and a pedophile because he had been victimized as a child himself. That she will spend the rest of her life regretting not getting help for herself or for him. ...

That's exactly what I'd advise JA to do, and as the final thing the jurors heard, not now.

I was just thinking how awesome it would be IF Matt McCartney is the witness the defense is trying to preclude ? (instead of Abe) And we heard a new lie yesterday. Geff not only said MM saw bruises, but also encouraged JA to get a restraining order against TA

One of Geff's answers yesterday:
Matt saw bruises and he told her to get a restraining order but she said she was moving in two days.

So how did Matt see the bruises on JA two days before she moved back to California? He's got some damn good eyes, that's all I'm sayin :giggle:

new news/lies
1. When JA was 4 she spied the cocaine her parents were doing.

2. Mommy smoked pot on the day she was born ONLY. Jodi knew it as soon as her mom took that first puff. Even in the womb Jodi knew that distinct smell, and then Jodi got the munchies.

3. Matt insisted that JA should get a restraining order against the man that Jodi moved from California to Mesa Arizona to stalk.

Hi Rose. I have always believed she wouldn't take the stand again, but the reason is simple--she wanted to use this "scared to testify" and "her brain will scramble if the press or public is in the courtroom" nonsense as an appeal issue.

Agree100%

Amen. Zervakos claimed the jurors (presumably at his direction) weighed whether or not JA's actions were comparable to Bundy/Manson/Dahlmer iirc, which was a bizarre standard. I think it became evident to jurors almost immediately that Zervakos had an immovable "My way or the highway" personality that no amount of deliberations could or would affect.
Refresh my memory...do we know what the vote count was? If so, what was it? Was it 11-1? I don't think so but I also don't remember for sure.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bianca got a restraining order against JA, or MM told JA Bianca would if she ever confronted her again.

That's exactly what I'd advise JA to do, and as the final thing the jurors heard, not now.

I would only advise her to say those things out of maliciousness, as in, go ahead and earn the DP all on your own.

Trashing Travis instead of taking 100% responsibility is exactly the opposite of what she needs to do. Thankfully, I'm sure she doesn't see things that way. :D

Refresh my memory...do we know what the vote count was? If so, what was it? Was it 11-1? I don't think so but I also don't remember for sure.

8-4 DP, but Zervakos claims there were fewer for DP when they started deliberations. The rise in DP votes probably freaked out Zervakos who imo made it clear to fellow jurors he was never changing his mind. Thus, the quick "hopelessly hung" decision.

JA cant't go to prison soon enough. Should she get the DP even better. She may have a decent IQ but is really quite dumb. Proof of her lack of intelligence is where she is right now.
Her arms and hands looked strange to me also and Ziggy hit it right......they are creature like and yes Ziggy, knowing what she did with those arms and hands is frightening. This has been such a disturbing trial. Juan has been wonderful for the family. No one could fight for the victim more than he has.

I think she will take the stand because she wants to kill him again like she has over and over during this trial. Good will prevail! And I hope her time on the stand this go round will leave no doubt in every jurors mind that she is nothing more than a evil and cold blooded murderer that needs to die for her unbelievably cruel and vicious murder.

I think he was also a little attracted to the "old" Jodi look. Hope there are not other men on the jury who might fall into that trap.

I remember during the first trial some guy met Jodi at one of the PPL meetings at the same time she was seeing Travis. This guy wanted to leave his family after he met her. I know he thanks his lucky stars he dodged that bullet.

ETA Or he met her at a Mormon function. Can't remember since this trial has been going on soooo long.

8 for the DP, 4 for LWOP IIRC

And KCL did say that 3 jurors went over to the foreman's side after he refused to change his mind. He is the reason that we're here doing this all over again. I think at least three alternates were on the DP side. What a shame that the foreman was not booted out.

I hope good luck is on our side this time. Let the final 12 vote for death!

I wouldn't be surprised if Bianca got a restraining order against JA, or MM told JA Bianca would if she ever confronted her again.

The problem with that is, I believe, that in most states you can only get a restraining order against an intimate partner. In some states, you could maybe get a stalking order.... In my state, it takes a lot of convincing to persuade a judge to issue a stalking order, plus the aggressor has to have threatened to hurt the victim. My landlord has been stalking me: this is how I know.

So do you think the Defense is going to rest today?

And KCL did say that 3 jurors went over to the foreman's side after he refused to change his mind. He is the reason that we're here doing this all over again. I think at least three alternates were on the DP side. What a shame that the foreman was not booted out.

I think Juan's case including cross examination in this trial is far better than in the first penalty phase. He is getting a lot more in this time and I am sure he isn't through either.

One thing I noticed about one of the juror questions that's been bugging me, and maybe for no good reason, was in the question about the email/text from Travis where he calls her pure evil, and whether or not it's mentioned in her journal. The juror question referred to it as 2007, but it was 2008. In May. Mere weeks before she killed him:(

Maybe it was just a typo, but if not, hopefully the date will be cleared up for them.

Q: @TrialDiariesJ: Were the 2007 IM messages in her journal where he is calling her pure evil?
A: Geff- I can't remember #jodiarias #3tvarias

Thanks Rose for jogging my memory, I knew there was something that made me think at one point there was an 11-1 vote with Mr. Z the holdout. I believe without one single doubt that if Mr.Z had not made the cut for the final 12 JA would RIGHTFULLY be on Death Row today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skoorboh54