Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 27

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so comforted to know that Deanna (and Abe) have Travis siblings there to offer support and visa-versa. I love what Paul Sanders sig line is that (paraphrasing) every friendship (or bond) forged through this trial is a manifestation of Travis Alexander and his life. Something to that affect. It is true. I have made some amazing friendships because of this trial and Travis and I never, ever knew him.

Justice for Travis!

As soon as I heard them make that insinuation I knew it must have been taken out of context. And it really was. Deanna should just answer the question and say yes I said this but you didn't ask me if I ever had sex with Travis. This is a different question.

Oh, let her smack JW around first. And give the DT more rope to hang themselves with. I LOVE that she refuses to be cowed by the people who are in fact abusing her.

IIRC Nurmi handled Deanna in the original trial and he was very gentle with her while eliciting her testimony. He even gave a big sigh when he was finished with her testimony and walking back to his chair because he knew he was outing her as to having had sex with Travis. I actually liked him at that moment. I am surprised JW is going at Deanna with teeth bared.

Nurmi has a different snark style. Willmott practically foams at the mouth when she cross-examines Travis' friends. She was gnarling during Juan's closing last year. I don't think Nurmi takes this trial personally. It's all about the money for him.

Then MDLR goes to counsel table and pow wow with JW and JA. As two watchers are leaving one says,"... Sure made her look like a fool." But I have no idea who she was talking about, or who the Jodi supporters are for that matter.

A couple here, a senior couple man in wheelchair are discussing that "Jennifer must have had her oatmeal this morning." Hmmm. Maybe too much coffee.

Was Wilmcott getting real loud and nasty whining?

Trying to understand how loud and obnoxious she came across to the jury.

Willmott is asking about an interview between Deanna and defense #jodiarias #3tvarias

I knew Jodi wouldn't let this go...... DeAnna said that she and Travis didn't have sex when they spoke with her, but on the stand said she did.

If she denied it with the defense attorneys, it is most likely because it was embarrassing for her to admit. BUT when she was on the stand, she took it very seriously because she was UNDER OATH. She takes her faith very seriously, and I'm sure this was very hard to admit on the stand. She is not the one on trial here, and to have her "private" life shared with the world has got to be devastating.

Oh, let her smack JW around first. And give the DT more rope to hang themselves with. I LOVE that she refuses to be cowed by the people who are in fact abusing her.

Yep! They expect her to be as cowed and spineless as the judge.

Maybe the transcript is really different from the audio somehow? I can't see her being difficult if she didn't have a good reason.

She may have been about to say "I don't know...what you mean or what you're talking about etc" but was cut off at the "I don't know" and then the whole transcript was used against her because those were the words she answered and there is no context.

Does anyone have that transcript? Or was it just that one question that they used the last time to manipulate a bogus insinuation with?

MOO

Remember how Wilmott was with Demarte? I think she was even worse with DR today. This jury is going to HATE Wilmott.

Nurmi has a different snark style. Willmott practically foams at the mouth when she cross-examines Travis' friends. She was gnarling during Juan's closing last year. I don't think Nurmi takes this trial personally. It's all about the money for him.

Yup. It's the reason I save my dislike for JW. She goes way beyond what's necessary and all the experts have been linked to her via a seminar or two. Plus, she whines. A lot. Ugh the sidebar transcripts really made that obvious.

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer · 27s27 seconds ago
Stephens lectures Reid to only answer the questions she is asked and tells the jury to disregard her last statement. #jodiarias

I despise this judge...

I think they would if Juan was attending.

Jen just tweeted same

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 2m 2 minutes ago
My guess is Det Smith is getting interviewed tomorrow morning and funeral for Flores son on Thurs #jodiarias

I'm behind but if Det. Smith is filling in for Det. Flores, the DT is actually going to take advantage of that tragedy to stall.
JMO, but it pi$$es me off.

Beth mentioned he's a computer guy.

Maybe the transcript is really different from the audio somehow? I can't see her being difficult if she didn't have a good reason.

I am not sure if it is that different 'word wise' but it probably feels very different given tone and context. If the DT can be heard on the audio being aggressive and accusatory, and saying brashly " I bet it'd surprise you to know he was sleeping around, etc..." It might make sense for her to shrug and say " I don't know." It would sound dishonest by omission in the transcript, but perhaps be totally understandable in the audio because of the context and the tense situation.

No court Thursday may be due to Flores funeral - JMO

And the late start tomorrow may be to accommodate KN and JW, once again during court hours, to interview Detective Smith before JM calls him to the stand. But it's perfectly okay for JM to interview people on Sundays and holidays to accommodate the DT's last minute witnesses.

SMH

MOO

She may have been about to say "I don't know...what you mean or what you're talking about etc" but was cut off at the "I don't know" and then the whole transcript was used against her because those were the words she answered and there is no context.

Does anyone have that transcript? Or was it just that one question that they used the last time to manipulate a bogus insinuation with?

MOO
No one but the DT has the interview transcript- except probably Juan. It was from the Defense teams interview with Deanna way before trial- IIRC. MeeBee?

100% agree.
I wonder if there actually IS a discrepancy between the audio and the transcript, or if that was just another little gem to drive JW bonkers.
Either way, I love it.

I suspect it is semantics. If they asked if she knew of any "other" women Travis was having sex with she may have been quite honest in her answer of NO. Because she was thinking of OTHER women, not herself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member