Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was great to read DR say that to JW. JW isn't someone I'd want to be around. She reminds me of the tattle tale in school with one hand on her mouth & the other hand in the air waving to the teacher....

Not sure if this was posted already. Stepped out for a bit.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 29m29 minutes ago
My guess is Det Smith is getting interviewed tomorrow morning and funeral for Flores son on Thurs #jodiarias

Is Det Smith stepping in for Flores?

Today .... Today was a glorious day!!!!! I felt like I was reading about an old re-run of Batmas! Every Prosecution hit was a POW!! or BAM!! JM isn't just discrediting Arias, he's doing it quickly, consicely and with direct approaches. Not with MONTHS of testimony trying to explain why something doesn't pass the sniff test (Law of Attraction, PTSD, DV, abuse as a child, Anonydavits, that's WHY it seems odd).

JM makes sense. There's no huge stretch of the imagination to believe the truth. It sounds right. It feels right. It's a NO BRAINER.
J

And now the jury has a really good example of why you shouldn't trust an anonymous witness who won't show his face in court. Anything else that's just in an affidavit will be ignored in the deliberation room after today's exhibition of What Real Testimony Looks Like.

Just wondered....all on their own??

Pasadena??? hmmmmm, ....hair? Wasn't that where Jodi claimed she stopped for a manicure?? We all know what she really stopped for. Must be her salon of choice for "haircuts".
Has this been asked and answered already? Jodi was only in Pasadena long enough to make a few phone calls, go to CVS for a few items, a refill at Starbucks and a refill at the Arco station across the street. I don't think she flipped her license plate in Pasadena. Maybe that's what she did when she said she stopped at Buckeye, just outside of Phoenix.

Anyway... I think she had more time to get her nails/hair done when she was in Salinas earlier in the day. She made three ATM deposits in the late morning, and her Costco receipt was 3.30 ish pm. What else she did in between those two activities is anyone's guess. Or I should say "is news to me".

That's the thing. I get that juan can be aggressive and annoying at times. But he knows how to pick his moments and knows what he can get away with without coming off terribly. Willmott does not have the same demeanor as him so when she tries it she just comes off as catty and mean. She doesn't pick her moments and its jsut something that doesn't come off as well from her. Asking a witness if they can read is far more condescending than asking a witness if they're having trouble with their memories. How rude. It's hard to explain why it works for juan and not for Willmott but it just does.

I'm not so sure it always works for JM either. I'm sure he's alienated some jurors with his style. But it's HIS style. And he's consistent with it so you come to expect it. And he backs it up with a remarkable memory, quick mind and great delivery. Plus he takes his punches from witnesses too. Unlike JW. If you're gonna try to dish it out, you'd better be prepared to take it.

MOO

And even more hilarious was the fact that every single reporter, attorney or trial watcher in the courtroom tweeting today were thrilled by it, as made clear in their tweets about it! That must have really pissed off Jodi Ann and Maria De La Noche!

Well... maybe all of them who don't have the initials MK anyway.

I'm not so sure it always works for JM either. I'm sure he's alienated some jurors with his style. But it's HIS style. And he's consistent with it so you come to expect it. And he backs it up with a remarkable memory, quick mind and great delivery. Plus he takes his punches from witnesses too. Unlike JW. If you're gonna try to dish it out, you'd better be prepared to take it.

MOO

He may. But he has such a good record that I think he'd learned what he can get away with and what works. Yo have to be aware of how you come off. He wins juries over more than he doesn't. Again, for some reason it just doesn't work the same for Willmott. She just seems to come off worse and doesn't try and read juried. Even juror 3 said she liked Juan and found her grating.

:applause:. . . .Standing O :rose: . . . . . .Deanna and Ziggy . . . . . . . ❤️ My Heroes for the Day! ❤️

(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´ ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´(¸.• (¸.•´(¸¸.•¨¯`•.¸¸.♥

:fireworks:

MOO

But in this case even more than in the original, I think he is mirroring frustrations from the jurors. They had 2+ months wasted on what Juan can take down completely in a matter of hours.

OT
I am also very patient and understanding to waitresses and I tip very well which usually shocks a lot of them. I dont eat out often anymore but when I do, I try to give minimum tip of 25% when I can afford it. Ive also been know to give a waitress 50% or more just to make their day.

The reason?
I waited tables myself for a couple years and know how hard a job it is and know the type of people they run into. The cook is the one who cooks the food so I dont hold anything against them if it is a cooking mistake and I try not to complain or send something back for more fire unless it is really bad.

With that said, there was a couple times in 20 or so years where the waitress was rude and terrible just like you experienced. For those times, they get the minimum tip but the manager may also get a verbal "tip" about the service if they really messed up on pupose to us.

We once had a waiter that it must have been his very first day and we could see him stealing other waitresses tables as soon as the customer came in the door because he just wanted tip money. His service was horrible and we watched him as soon as the people left he was like a hawk pouncing on the table for the tip money. We could hardly find the guy during our meal when we needed anything, and the main time we saw him was right after he snagged us to get our table. The funny thing was we were about to mention something to the manager about him, and all the other waitresses had pulled the manager aside and we could see they were talking about the "new guy". So they already knew what he was up to, and then we saw the manager ask to speak with him in the back. So we didnt have to complain afterall because the waitresses did for us. :)

It's very possible there was some issue like this with JA at Mimi's and perhaps at multiple restaurants since she seemed to lose a lot of jobs. A business would generally not say anything about this stuff to a prospective employer for fear of being sued. Recall that JA had way more money than she likely would have earned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deathrowsuperstar