Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 27

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the thing. I get that juan can be aggressive and annoying at times. But he knows how to pick his moments and knows what he can get away with without coming off terribly. Willmott does not have the same demeanor as him so when she tries it she just comes off as catty and mean. She doesn't pick her moments and its jsut something that doesn't come off as well from her. Asking a witness if they can read is far more condescending than asking a witness if they're having trouble with their memories. How rude. It's hard to explain why it works for juan and not for Willmott but it just does.

I would also like to add that when Wilmott apes Juan, there is no intelligence behind it; it's purely for effect.

There is no magic in her stance. Heh.

Deanna just said the only one being misleading in this situation is you - to JW. Courtroom gasp quietly.

I am just now getting caught up, but just want to shout out a big HELL YEAH to Deanna. I would have loved to have seen Jen's wide eyed, take a step back look. Frigging priceless. I am so proud of Deanna... she has had enough, what a woman!!!!

I have to applaud Deanna for returning to the vipers nest. They are actively trying to slime and dishonor her, once again. It is pathetic. It does make me joyful to know that she is happily married and works with children every day, while the killer wallows in her stinky cell and traces magazine photos all day.

And tomorrow, Juan will make everything very clear that Deanna is not hiding a thing and in fact the defense is.

I guess the good thing is this will bring all of MMC oops - witness #1 accusations into question about Travis breaking down and told him about his child *advertiser censored* addiction. He relates it to a time that DeAnna was there. Who would you tend believe more? A young woman who's had her own sex life broadcasted to the world , and she's sitting there before you. Or a faceless nameless piece of paper that won't sit before you and your questions?

Then you have Elder Parker, a man that opens his home to countless young men and women in the his church, and what he has to say about Travis and abuse or *advertiser censored*, or even MMC ooos - witness #1 and him viewing child *advertiser censored*.

I have read that she lied about having sex with TA. I have no first hand knowledge of this. Don't tell me what to post. She was interviewed by the DT yes? Did their transcriber lie? How did the rumor start that DR said she never had sex with TA?

I think it started withe the convicted murderer in her motion to JSS to try and get Nurmi removed.

Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Mahalo

I saw a few comments earlier today about JA not having girlfriends, and I'd like to chuck my cents in.

I think she feels threatened by women. Certainly because of competition, but I think the primary reason is exposure.

Jodi is antisocial, and really, when you boil it all down, she has little to offer, in most situations. She has to rely on what she's got to make it in the world (whoops! What she HAD). What she had was sex appeal. She had to use that on men to get what she needed, and sooner or later, a woman friend is bound to suss that out. You can bet on it. Not only would she not be able to manipulate women, heterosexual women at least, she probably couldn't keep them for long. With all due respect to men, they are easily blinded by a womans charms, women would see her clearly. They could potentially out her, if they felt her behavior was extreme enough to warrant it.

I would think that she probably tried girlfriends when she was younger, and then later realized they held no value, that the risk of exposure publicly or just within the relationship wasn't worth it and kept them at arms reach.

Bonus! She can now lament about all the women that are jealous of her.

Double bonus with whipped cream on top: she'll spend the rest of her life pretty much only with women.

Originally Posted by ButForFortune
IIRC Nurmi handled Deanna in the original trial and he was very gentle with her while eliciting her testimony. He even gave a big sigh when he was finished with her testimony and walking back to his chair because he knew he was outing her as to having had sex with Travis. I actually liked him at that moment. I am surprised JW is going at Deanna with teeth bared.
I beg to differ on this. IIRC, Nurmi was awful to Deanna in the guilt phase. He went out of his way to shame and humiliate her. He asked her all kinds of questions that were completely unnecessary to make his point. But she sat on the witness stand and took whatever came at her. Brave woman.

Didn't Nurmi ask Deanna if Travis ever gave her a facial? That's gentle?

Nah...they'll claim that it did happen just as secret witness #1 said it did and, like Abe and the email, she "alleges" it didn't happen because she just doesn't remember it. It was so long ago and all. Or..she lies, just like she lied about whether she had sex with Travis. But of course secret witness #1 cannot be exposed as the actual lying liar that his is. That would be prejudicial to the client because it counts towards her mitigation...somehow...credibility from the DT isn't at issue in this phase....

Okay I got nothing here...

:notgood:

MOO

Well then join the defendant and her defense team- they got nothing either!

I think Juan has effectively proved to this jury that nothing is true about anything that Jodi, her "expert" defense witnesses or her lawyers have said about her, or any of their claims that Travis was mentally, physically, emotionally or sexually abusive towards Jodi, or that Travis had a penchant for innerweb pr0n or pictures of little boys.

Her entire defense is a sham. There is not one good reason she brutally slaughtered Travis. I can't even call him her ex-boyfriend anymore because Juan has convinced me they were never even in a mutually exclusive, boyfriend/girlfriend relationship together. She has no redeeming qualities. Their decision should be an easy one.

That is something that we can take away from AA's testimony today. For the entire year of 2007, JA was trying hard to get TA to commit to their relationship and he wouldn't do it. So that takes away their whole 'cheating boyfriend' narrative.

I am just now getting caught up, but just want to shout out a big HELL YEAH to Deanna. I would have loved to have seen Jen's wide eyed, take a step back look. Frigging priceless. I am so proud of Deanna... she has had enough, what a woman!!!!

It was grand. :).

(floats away until tomorrow....)

He has the transcript at the very least. He may have the audio as well.

What? They don't give the audio to the person who was interviewed? Because JW asked DR if she brought it with her today. :floorlaugh:

That's the thing. I get that juan can be aggressive and annoying at times. But he knows how to pick his moments and knows what he can get away with without coming off terribly. Willmott does not have the same demeanor as him so when she tries it she just comes off as catty and mean. She doesn't pick her moments and its jsut something that doesn't come off as well from her. Asking a witness if they can read is far more condescending than asking a witness if they're having trouble with their memories. How rude. It's hard to explain why it works for juan and not for Willmott but it just does.

During the first trial I sometimes thought JM came off as surly and aggressive. But hindsight being what it is and after re-watching many of the videos, I can now see the method to his madness. I appreciate his finesse now more than ever. And actually, I've noted several instances where he's quite sweet and gracious, even to defense witnesses. I think he picks his battles carefully. In art we call it "economy of line."

What? They don't give the audio to the person who was interviewed? Because JW asked DR if she brought it with her today. :floorlaugh:

I'm pretty sure that was supposed to be sarcasm. :)

But more importantly, Deanna wasn't even having sex with TA in 2008. So even if they asked who was TA having sex with, besides JA? She still wouldn't have been included.

Thank you! That's exactly right. And that's exactly why the audio is needed: to verify the direct question. The DT is trying to use an indirect question to paint DR as a liar. But their indirect question pertains to "at the same time as TA was doing JA" and it cannot grammatically refer to Deanna.

Juan didn't call the Whambulance like the DT does.

There is a sidebar that was released concerning Alice and her refusing to answer or rambling and arguing with Juan....Sherry says she is "reluctant" to admonish in front of the jury.....
No problem telling the jury to disregard comments from Juan....and of course, today, scolding Deanna. But, I'm sure all is good. She's a highly thought of judge. She knows best...

Today .... Today was a glorious day!!!!! I felt like I was reading about an old re-run of Batman! Every Prosecution hit was a POW!! or BAM!! JM isn't just discrediting Arias, he's doing it quickly, consicely and with direct approaches. Not with MONTHS of testimony trying to explain why something doesn't pass the sniff test (Law of Attraction, PTSD, DV, abuse as a child, Anonydavits, that's WHY it seems odd).

JM makes sense. There's no huge stretch of the imagination to believe the truth. It sounds right. It feels right. It's a NO BRAINER.

There is a sidebar that was released concerning Alice and her refusing to answer or rambling and arguing with Juan....Sherry says she is "reluctant" to admonish in front of the jury.....
No problem telling the jury to disregard comments from Juan....and of course, today, scolding Deanna. But, I'm sure all is good. She's a highly thought of judge. She knows best...

She did tell Alyce a few times in front of the jury to please just answer the question being asked of her, same as Deanna. I think she meant she didn't want to scold Alyce in front of the jury to stop editorializing simple questions and making things move slower than they need to.

If anything was clear to me it's that the judge did not like Alyce at all.

:gaah: She is at it again :

Jodi Arias Updates @JodiAnnArias · 2h 2 hours ago

WOW! Deanna Reid has the balls to tell Willmott she's "misleading?!" #guiltyconscience. #jodiarias.

https://twitter.com/JodiAnnArias

And even more hilarious was the fact that every single reporter, attorney or trial watcher in the courtroom tweeting today were thrilled by it, as made clear in their tweets about it! That must have really pissed off Jodi Ann and Maria De La Noche!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member