Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nurmi wants to challenge the Bishop's qualifications as a Mormon?

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 4s 4 seconds ago
Bishop Parker moved to his house in 1978 in Riverside and still lives there today #jodiarias #3tvarias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 28s 28 seconds ago
Juan asks if Bishop Parker's attorney was appointed by the church and he responds YES #jodiarias #3tvarias

Going through Bishops history w/ church and duties and dates. Nurmi asks to approach. White noise.

Nurmi's ears pricked up at the word "dates". Visions of asking the bishop whether he'd ever had "dates" that should have cost him his temple recommend.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · now
Juan has Parker explain a WARD #jodiarias #3tvarias

He lived in Riverside CA in same home since late 80's and still lives there with wife and children grew up there.

1999 became bishop. Defining terms stake and ward.

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer · 18s18 seconds ago
Parker brought his own attorney who just went to the sidebar with the others. #jodiarias

That was a smart move. I am sure they are going to try and slime him, accuse him of having the *advertiser censored* possibly?

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 19s19 seconds ago
#jodiarias Note from Cathy - Mormon bishop's are volunteers, not paid clergy. They are "called" to serve in that position temporarily.

Good for Bishop Parker. Protection from the slimeball defense. Good on him.

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 5m 5 minutes ago

Bishop VP being sworn in. #jodiarias

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 4m 4 minutes ago

Bishop VP Retired in 2001 (for the first time). #jodiarias

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 4m 4 minutes ago

Jurors hella note taking re: Bishop's background. #jodiarias

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 3m 3 minutes ago

A lot of bedazzled jeans happen in this courtroom. #jodiarias

She asked about immigration papers? Are you kidding? JW trying to turn DR into an immigrant in the minds of the jurors? Sick.....

No, no. When you enter Costa Rica you have to fill out immigration papers. She was there 18 months. I believe that is what JW was asking. The papers will show she entered once and left at the end of 18 months. jmo

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · now
In 1999 a young single adult program was apart of the family wards #jodiarias #3tvarias

1999 young single adult program was not an entity by itself at that time it was part of a family ward which is geographical location. Bishop created young single adult ward in Mar. 1999. Activities such as sports, etc. going thru his Bishop duties.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 19s19 seconds ago
#jodiarias Note from Cathy - Mormon bishop's are volunteers, not paid clergy. They are "called" to serve in that position temporarily.

... as all church members do- no one gets paid- they get a "calling". My best friend is a primary teacher at church, another is the young women's leader. I like the way they do it.

MaryEllen Resendez @maryellenabc15 · 4s 5 seconds ago
Bishop Parker explains #JodiArias jurors the make up of the Mormon church, bishops appointments, Wards, Stakes, punishment etc

How does it look to the jury that a BISHOP needs lawyer protection from the DT???

and does she have to stay out of the court room too?

I am not sure since she is subject to be recalled. Cant think of one reason the DT would want Deanna back on the stand since she made JW look like a mean bully and a fool.

But she may have to leave.:( She sat with the Alexanders last time but then she wasn't subjected to be recalled.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member