Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess there is no nice way of saying this. I think the Judge is going to allow Nurmi to drag this trial on until the month of April. :shame:

Another funny-timeline thing while we wait, in her letter to the family she said she left Travis' between 4:30 and 6:30, in testimony she said it had to be near evening because the setting sun was getting in her eyes as she was leaving Mesa, in early June the sun doesn't set until what, 8:00 or so? It's almost summer solstice and even without daylight saving time, it's still going to be much later than 6:00-6:30.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 1m 1 minute ago
Everyone is here we are waiting on the jury #jodiarias #3tvarias

hurrah!!!

I guess there is no nice way of saying this. I think the Judge is going to allow Nurmi to drag this trial on until the month of April. :shame:

Doesn't he only need to prevent her being 'sentenced' until the omnibus hearing? That's usually a month or so after verdict, isn't it?

IIRC the sur-rebuttal is very limited in scope. Here's hoping that's the case anyway.

Maybe AZL can chime in on this.
Ya, mitigation is supposed to be limited in scope. Hasn't slowed that bunch of chuckleheads down much, has it?

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper · 2m2 minutes ago
Bishop Vernon Parker is about to take the stand. #JodiArias We expect to hear from Detective Smith later and Dr. DeMarte maybe tomorrow.

just a guess but i think she deleted any trace of those emails,she doesn't come off as a tech wizard though so who knows

Iirc, the last activity at 4:54pm on TA's pc was email related, anyone know what that was?

She's only got until April 1st, 'cos that's my guess on end of trial.

:seeya: I agree, rose !

JMO but anything the defense wants, the defense seems to get :gaah:

:moo:

If you want to watch the #JodiArias drama live, there are plenty of seats.
----

At least Ziggy will have a seat when she gets there. :)

#JodiArias is in all brown today, very loose fitting clothing.
---

Dressed for distress?

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 1m 1 minute ago
#jodiarias is wearing the beige outfit she wore for opening statements today #3tvarias

Not a surrebuttal, but just a regular rebuttal, yes.

Gee thanks. There's not many times in life that I wish I was wrong. This is one of those times. So, we can expect another 1-2 months for rebuttal?

If you want to watch the #JodiArias drama live, there are plenty of seats.
----

At least Ziggy will have a seat when she gets there. :)

I hope JA realizes she isn't a headliner anymore.

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper · 1m1 minute ago
Sky Hughes just walked in sporting a new look. #JodiArias

Doesn't he only need to prevent her being 'sentenced' until the omnibus hearing? That's usually a month or so after verdict, isn't it?

Beth Karas says "Once Arias is sentenced, she is no longer in Judge Kreamer's jurisdiction. In the event of a death verdict, Arias will no longer be able to partake as her trial will be over before this hearing comes up again."

AZlawyer, is this right? Thank you.

IIRC the sur-rebuttal is very limited in scope. Here's hoping that's the case anyway.

Maybe AZL can chime in on this.

It's just regular rebuttal, but yes, it will be limited to rebutting Juan's case.

No, there would be no need to delay for that hearing.

While we are waiting just a shout out to all of our 112 guests here - sign up, take a seat, and enjoy the ride with us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member